------------------- Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lele2010

New

-------------------

Post by lele2010 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:55 pm

-------------
Last edited by lele2010 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3|ink

Platinum

Re: Testermasters in DC area

Post by 3|ink » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:05 pm

lele2010 wrote:Hi, I am going to register for testermaters class in DC/VA and would highly appreciate if can hear some comments abt their tutors. I hv the following options:
1. hv you taken course with him/her before?
2. do you think they are helpful at LR, LG or RC
3. any other comments?
A) Anthony Meni
B)Palmer Heenan
C) Genevieve Parshalle
D) Austin Stack
E) Lara Berlin
F) Meghan King

BTW, I jsut took June test and only got 155.... My weaknesses are logical reasoning and reading comprehension.
Thank you!
I live in the DC/VA area, but the instructor I used isn't on your list. It's odd, because my teacher was pretty good.

1.) Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about Austin Stack. I actually did sit in on his explanation of one of the Diagnostics.
2.) I found his LG explanations to be strongest. However, his LR explanations were good too.
3.) I think he teaches in Arlington. If you live there, you might as well select him. If you don't, it's pointless. Traffic in that direction is terrible in the evening.

lele2010

New

Post by lele2010 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:19 pm

hey, thanks for your reply .Who was your teacher?? May I know his name? I have heard some good one in this area wento to Chicago law school :)
I don't drive but take the metro and open to private tutor as well.
thank you !

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 pm

lele2010 wrote:hey, thanks for your reply .Who was your teacher?? May I know his name? I have heard some good one in this area wento to Chicago law school :)
I don't drive but take the metro and open to private tutor as well.
thank you !
I see. If you're on the metro, you have far more options. However, if you live inside the city, you know that the commute out of the city is terrible in the evening. Sometimes you have to wait in line for a train. In that case, I'd stick with one of the city instructors. I hear that all of the city instructors are veteran teachers. In fact, it was word of mouth from a friend who took Testmasters in DC that brought me to Testmasters.

If you live in VA and close to the metro, go with Austin Stack. If you happen to live closer to Fairfax (particularly around George Mason University) I would definitely recommend Sara Kelly. She was my instructor.

christinalsat

Bronze

Post by christinalsat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:17 am

I had Lara Berlin for a teacher and wasn't really into her teaching style. She went through the material really slowly. Andrew Meni subbed for us once and he was great.

lele2010

New

Post by lele2010 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Thank you all so much!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”