should you be improving on the LGs

glucose101

should you be improving on the LGs

Postby glucose101 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 pm

So I've been using PithyPike's guide. I've done several LG sections three times already. Should I be improving on the section-types that I haven't reviewed yet?

For example, say for linear balanced games you had a record of like -6,-4,-1 for one LG. Should you/is it normal for people to have the same record for advanced linear balanced games or should you be scoring better than -6 on the first try.

Essentially, should you be getting more wrong because it's a new question type or you should be getting more right because you're thinking more logically/learning LSAT LG tricks?

Anaconda

Re: should you be improving on the LGs

Postby Anaconda » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:01 am

Treat each new game type separately. They all have their own learning curves. They're categorized for a reason.

Don't worry if you struggle with each in the beginning, the key is improving over time, and then eventually doing the problems in a reasonable time. For example, many linear problems took me 12-15+ minutes to complete, now most take me 7-12 minutes.
Last edited by Anaconda on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveBear07

Re: should you be improving on the LGs

Postby DaveBear07 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:01 am

I wouldn't worry so much about improving in that manner. With months of prep you're going to see every type of game several times, so it won't matter if you did well or not well on the new ones in the beginning.

What is important is improving over time as you understand how to attack a game, make a good set-up, use previous work, etc etc.

HTH.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”