Advice on how to improve

Advice on how to improve

Postby thegrayman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 pm

I've been prepping for a while now, shooting to take the October LSAT. I am taking 2 prep tests a week, all with 5 sections, under timed conditions. My best so far is a 174 so I know I have a good score in me, but I have noticed that I have a problem that has been plaguing me.

My first section is always a mess, regardless of which area it is in (LR and RC are definitely my worst first sections). For example, if I start with LR I miss some really easy questions early on. It looks like I need to "warm up" somehow but I am not sure what I can do, also whatever I do I want to be able to do before the actual exam. Any tips that you guys have for warming up before you start?

Re: Advice on how to improve

Postby malfurion » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm

You can do some other questions before the test to warm up. Even if they are ones you've done before, it can help just to get your mind going and in "LSAT mode". I planned on doing this before my actual LSAT, had printed a page each of LG, LR, and RC to do in the car before I went inside, but I ended up being too nervous and worried that I was gonna be late, not able to find the classroom, etc. so I did like 2 questions and then just went in. I think it's a good idea to warm your brain up, though.

However, if you want to make your PTs as realistic as possible, if you do this, wait like an hour between your warmup and the actual test. Because for the real thing you'll be sitting there forever and ever waiting for them to get through all the bullshit before you can actually start.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”