Retaking October Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Knock

Platinum

Re: Retaking October Thread

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:Why couldn't RC have been anything but section 5. FFFUUUUUUU.
+1000
+1 million

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Knockglock wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
+1000
+1 million
What are the chances of them repeating the order (or at least doing RC last again) on the Oct. test?

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Knockglock wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:Ugh, the 171s ITT are making me want to retake. I wish it wasn't the god damn weekend. I need to talk to my advisor asap. I'm having a mental breakdown. Why couldn't RC have been anything but section 5. FFFUUUUUUU.
Haha, just come retake with us :P! it will be like old times again :mrgreen:.
The decision will be made sometime next week. If I have significantly better chances with a 173+ at my target schools, then I can't imagine not retaking. Really need to mull this over with someone though as retaking a 170 is not my number 1 option. I just know I can do better than -7 RC, but even a couple points better with a -10 curve and I'm looking at little to no improvement in score.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:Ugh, the 171s ITT are making me want to retake. I wish it wasn't the god damn weekend. I need to talk to my advisor asap. I'm having a mental breakdown. Why couldn't RC have been anything but section 5. FFFUUUUUUU.
The decision will be made sometime next week. If I have significantly better chances with a 173+ at my target schools, then I can't imagine not retaking. Really need to mull this over with someone though as retaking a 170 is not my number 1 option. I just know I can do better than -7 RC, but even a couple points better with a -10 curve and I'm looking at little to no improvement in score.
Fair enough. Take all the time you need my man. Hope your advisor can help you make the decision.

iamcutdacheck

New

Post by iamcutdacheck » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:
+1000
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Knockglock wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
Fair enough. Take all the time you need my man. Hope your advisor can help you make the decision.
Me too. I have no idea what he's going to say to me after seeing my stats. I doubt many 2.6/170s are walking around. 98% of the people from my undergrad that apply to law schools have a 3.0. Freshman engineering + laziness = another FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:25 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:
Chimica wrote:All the cool kids retake

LR -2
LG -7
LR -5
RC -3

I want that 170. I'm trying to convince my husband to take it with me because "it will be fun". Also, he can help me learn some logic games.

I'm in no hurry to apply to law school, so that helps. (Actually I'm in no hurry to go to law school-if I could get a job in chemistry, I wouldn't even look at law)
I just want to say, I love your avatar. I wanted to be a chemical engineer so bad when I got to college, but then a D+ and subsequent C- in Chem 101 dashed those hopes for me.
Thanks! I drew it myself with my mad artist skills (though I stole the tagline).

And I'm sorry about chem101- I may actually be teaching that come fall.

Also-Boston is a great city. I lived there for three years and miss its great bars and walkability.

iamcutdacheck

New

Post by iamcutdacheck » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:28 pm

What's the best method to prepare for the Logic Games?

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Chimica wrote:
Thanks! I drew it myself with my mad artist skills (though I stole the tagline).

And I'm sorry about chem101- I may actually be teaching that come fall.

Also-Boston is a great city. I lived there for three years and miss its great bars and walkability.
Haha no worries about chem... it's a sore spot for me, I did so well in chem in high school, but college just killed me. I got a 69 the first time I took it, so I decided to retake it again after I changed my major to prove to myself I could do better and got a C-. I guess I'm just not wired for science.

Boston is a wonderful city :D I don't live there right now, but I get up there whenever I can, I'm only an hour away. I hope to end up there after LS. It's a beautiful town.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
Me too. I have no idea what he's going to say to me after seeing my stats. I doubt many 2.6/170s are walking around. 98% of the people from my undergrad that apply to law schools have a 3.0. Freshman engineering + laziness = another FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Join us, FuMan, join ussssss!

JK. Good luck talking to your advisor, I hope they make your decision easier.

And +1000000 to Freshman engineering+laziness =fuuuuuuu I constantly ask myself why I wasn't a history major.

adamquigley9

New

Post by adamquigley9 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Well I'm coming back out for Round 2...hopefully I fare better than Apollo Creed did against Ivan Drago (LSAT) 8)

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Knockglock wrote:Well. fuck here we go. good luck to everyone retaking as well.
I'm really sorry that you are in this club..but hey next time its a 180 for you! by the by with your involvment with us I think it's perfect for you to start the thread...
quick question for everyone...how are you studying this time?

adamquigley9

New

Post by adamquigley9 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:51 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
I'm really sorry that you are in this club..but hey next time its a 180 for you! by the by with your involvment with us I think it's perfect for you to start the thread...
My two biggest problems were 1) nerves and 2) endurance...going to re-do Pithypike's plan like I did the first time, but use 6-section tests the last month of studying, and take more of those. Not sure how to handle the nerves part just yet, but hoping a combination of more concentrated study and confidence in my testing endurance levels, hopefully that will help. I may also buy the PT 58 and 59 and actually crack open the RCB :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

iamcutdacheck

New

Post by iamcutdacheck » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:53 pm

adamquigley9 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
My two biggest problems were 1) nerves and 2) endurance...going to re-do Pithypike's plan like I did the first time, but use 6-section tests the last month of studying, and take more of those. Not sure how to handle the nerves part just yet, but hoping a combination of more concentrated study and confidence in my testing endurance levels, hopefully that will help. I may also buy the PT 58 and 59 and actually crack open the RCB :P
Where's the thread for Pithypike's plan?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:53 pm

adamquigley9 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
I think nerves/anxiety was my biggest problem. Or maybe just feeling the rush. It felt so much faster on test day, and I was hurting for time on LG / RC I guess. Endurance wasn't a problem for me, I don't think. -0 LR for the 5th section.

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 pm

There was a method I read on this forum that I thought sounded useful

Do a test timed (do not grade)
Redo untimed
Grade both

I think that helps you separate speed issues from understanding.

I plan to add to this by not grading my exams myself. I'll get my husband to mark them and then I will try to search for the ones I got wrong (based on raw score) . I want to be able to recognise the ones I'm missing.

I may also add in a shorter time limit to help compensate for nerves (but I may only use that for LG)

adamquigley9

New

Post by adamquigley9 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 pm

iamcutdacheck wrote:
adamquigley9 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
Where's the thread for Pithypike's plan?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=41657

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 pm

That sounds awfully intriguing. Is there a specific thread attached to it that you could kindly link to?
Chimica wrote:There was a method I read on this forum that I thought sounded useful

Redo untimed
Grade both

I plan to add to this by not grading my exams myself. I'll get my husband to mark them and then I will try to search for the ones I got wrong (based on raw score) . I want to be able to recognise the ones I'm missing.

I may also add in a shorter time limit to help compensate for nerves (but I may only use that for LG)

chrisg_127

New

Post by chrisg_127 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:08 am

I am thinking of joining the retake club as well..

Got a 169 (LR -1, LG -0, RC -10, LR -2)

I figure if I work hard, I should be able to get that -10 RC down to around -5 or less... which would probably get me into the low to mid 170s. However... I HATE the thought of doing another one of these... uhhhhh

I am a 3.75 BSME who wants to go to Mich or Duke...
Last edited by chrisg_127 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitcher

New

Post by Pitcher » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 am

Is this the place where one can sign up for the Less than perfect, see you in October club?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:16 am

Pitcher wrote:Is this the place where one can sign up for the Less than perfect, see you in October club?
You've come to the right place.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:20 am

Anaconda wrote:That sounds awfully intriguing. Is there a specific thread attached to it that you could kindly link to?
Chimica wrote:There was a method I read on this forum that I thought sounded useful

Redo untimed
Grade both

I don't recall the thread name or the poster's name so it's hard to search, but I remember he got a 174 and retook for a 179. I also remember his initial diagnostic and first few tests were sub 160.

I'll look, but if anyone else knows the thread feel free to post the link.

edit-yeah search function!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=83117
Last edited by Chimica on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 am

I may join you all in this thread. I'll decide sometime in July.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:27 am

Chimica wrote:
Anaconda wrote:That sounds awfully intriguing. Is there a specific thread attached to it that you could kindly link to?

Redo untimed
Grade both

I don't recall the thread name or the poster's name so it's hard to search, but I remember he got a 174 and retook for a 179. I also remember his initial diagnostic and first few tests were sub 160.

But how useful will that be for us who have already taken the exam? His guide pretty much assumes you know nothing. I am just really curious about how everyone is going to study for this thing from now on. I also would love tips on games. I'm going to major damage on my PS statement tomorrow. I'll probably start on my DS statement on Sunday and the generic "why insert" using the University of Michigan template someone showed me as well. Oh and one more thing...we should role with a "club" avatar.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:28 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Chimica wrote:

Redo untimed
Grade both

But how useful will that be for us who have already taken the exam? His guide pretty much assumes you know nothing. I am just really curious about how everyone is going to study for this thing from now on. I also would love tips on games. I'm going to major damage on my PS statement tomorrow. I'll probably start on my DS statement on Sunday and the generic "why insert" using the University of Michigan template someone showed me as well.
Idk, i'm going to be very very minimalist this time around. I already know everything, just need to do better under test day pressure. It's hard too since i've exhausted almost all prep test materials.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”