Retaking October Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Knock

Platinum

Re: Retaking October Thread

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
3|ink wrote:
alicrimson wrote:I'm joining this pity party. Though we are not pitying, we are learning. We are going to fuck shit up in October. I just took the nook savings money and re registered my damn self for the test and purchased all of the precious powerscore bibles. Let the games begin. Now I have to tell my coach I'll be missing a race. Any advice on order of asking coach for letter of rec vs. telling him I'm missing a race? Keep in mind, this thing pays all of my school expenses.
I just bought the games Bible. Please let me know if the others are any good.
LR is probably worth it. I own the RC Bible but didn't crack it open.
You're probably right;however, I'm not as good at this as you are so I may need them. I'm really excited to hear what you're saying about LR, as that section always dictates whether I go for a win or a loss. June 10...loss. I've also decided I don't need my free prep course. I'm going to just use their material, use the online lectures for waht I need, and use theonline resources which are the tits.
Yeah, I didn't find my prep course helpful either, so I bailed out. It's tough, but I think it's the smart decision. Although looking at my score, I don't know if I even know what i'm talking about anymore, lol.

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 pm

I already have an appointment with a private LSAT tutor who is also a licensed therapist. $100 a week well worth it. That 170 is mine in October.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
3|ink wrote:
alicrimson wrote:I'm joining this pity party. Though we are not pitying, we are learning. We are going to fuck shit up in October. I just took the nook savings money and re registered my damn self for the test and purchased all of the precious powerscore bibles. Let the games begin. Now I have to tell my coach I'll be missing a race. Any advice on order of asking coach for letter of rec vs. telling him I'm missing a race? Keep in mind, this thing pays all of my school expenses.
I just bought the games Bible. Please let me know if the others are any good.
LR is probably worth it. I own the RC Bible but didn't crack it open.
You're probably right;however, I'm not as good at this as you are so I may need them. I'm really excited to hear what you're saying about LR, as that section always dictates whether I go for a win or a loss. June 10...loss. I've also decided I don't need my free prep course. I'm going to just use their material, use the online lectures for waht I need, and use theonline resources which are the tits.
What course is that? Testmasters doesn't let you access your material after you take the test.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:I already have an appointment with a private LSAT tutor who is also a licensed therapist. $100 a week well worth it. That 170 is mine in October.
Good luck! i know you can do it! be sure to pass along any helpful tips, especially with test anxiety/relaxation that you get!

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Knockglock wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:I already have an appointment with a private LSAT tutor who is also a licensed therapist. $100 a week well worth it. That 170 is mine in October.
Good luck! i know you can do it! be sure to pass along any helpful tips, especially with test anxiety/relaxation that you get!
Only if you pay for dinner when we meet in Chicago :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:I already have an appointment with a private LSAT tutor who is also a licensed therapist.
LOL

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm

What course is that? Testmasters doesn't let you access your material after you take the test

Its Kaplan. I won a free course in a raffle and they have great online resources. I'm thinking I'm just not going to show up. They have solutions and sketches for every PT question. I'm very excited about that. Also, I can use their spiffy little books too. So basically I won free material, as [even though I did get a meager 160] I don't need someone to sit and explain what a conclusion is to me. lol

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
Only if you pay for dinner when we meet in Chicago :P
i'm not sure i'm going to go anymore.....in light of recent events

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:57 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:I already have an appointment with a private LSAT tutor who is also a licensed therapist.
LOL
Stress and anxiety can derail you...it's no laughing matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Near

New

Post by Near » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Knockglock wrote: I think that, in a couple weeks when I'm a little more ready, i'm going to read the economist. honestly, I feel like I know everything I just sucked it up under pressure, mainly on the LG and RC.
Ditto. Pressure only phased me on RC for some reason... and LG to a lesser extent.

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Do not know if I should join the club or not... what are the benefits of memebership?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
LOL
I can attest to that. I was scoring 167 consistently for weeks. The week before the test, I scored 169 and 170 consecutively. I realize these aren't great scores, but you would think that my actual test would come close to my PT average. However, I scored a freakin 159 because of anxiety. It's unbelievable. I haven't scored below a 162 since I started studying for the LSAT 3 months ago (and that was a bad day).

Anyone else have sleep problems before the test? I got about 5 hours of sleep the night before (couldn't sleep). However, I've taken an aced college finals on zero sleep. I'm not sure if it was a factor this time around.

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:02 pm

3|ink wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
LOL
I can attest to that. I was scoring 167 consistently for weeks. The week before the test, I scored 169 and 170 consecutively. I realize these aren't great scores, but you would think that my actual test would come close to my PT average. However, I scored a freakin 159 because of anxiety. It's unbelievable. I haven't scored below a 162 since I started studying for the LSAT 3 months ago (and that was a bad day).

Anyone else have sleep problems before the test? I got about 5 hours of sleep the night before (couldn't sleep). However, I've taken an aced college finals on zero sleep. I'm not sure if it was a factor this time around.
I got 2 hours of sleep the night before the LSAT, I think I would like to put some blame on that...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Once I get my next pay check I will register....

My horrible GPA will do me no good with a 166.

Thing that sucks the most is waking up early for the october exam. Taking it at 12 30 was awesome.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 pm

beidoun wrote:Once I get my next pay check I will register....

My horrible GPA will do me no good with a 166.

Thing that sucks the most is waking up early for the october exam. Taking it at 12 30 was awesome.
+1. except since my exam didn't even start until 2 might have hurt me a little bit. maybe starting at 10 or 1030 would be more beneficial. still, not going to enjoy waking up early. at least I get to retake at my school though rather than 100+ miles away.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:17 pm

3|ink wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
LOL

I was still in the midst of stalker drama and moved out two days before. I was waking ever hour or so to stare out my window for a week and a half prior to the test. Sleep issue and paranoid stress is an understatement.lol. I'm okay with that though. I'm not going to make excuses, I'm just going to move forward....or that's what I'm telling myself.

That being said, I sat down and did LOR, PS, and DS timelines. :D 160, you have lit a fire under my ass.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 pm

alicrimson wrote:
3|ink wrote:
PlugInBaby wrote:
cinefile 17 wrote:
LOL

I was still in the midst of stalker drama and moved out two days before. I was waking ever hour or so to stare out my window for a week and a half prior to the test. Sleep issue and paranoid stress is an understatement.lol. I'm okay with that though. I'm not going to make excuses, I'm just going to move forward....or that's what I'm telling myself.

That being said, I sat down and did LOR, PS, and DS timelines. :D 160, you have lit a fire under my ass.
I wish I had your motivation ali. Can you share your timelines? when are you trying to get your apps in?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm

After going back and forth for a few hours, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Just registered, had a fee waiver so I figured why not? I mean a 171 is good, but I feel like I could have done so much better. My 3.4 needs some help.

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Retakers should still work on PSs over the summer...but instead of ones catered to the lengths that each school desire...just write a short and long one.

Rikkugrrl

Bronze

Post by Rikkugrrl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Not sure if I'm allowed in this club since I canceled, but here's hoping we all do better next time! I'll be taking it at my college in the building I have 3/4ths of my classes, so maybe that'll help me be get little more comfortable (I can't remember a single test in college I panicked over).

In the meantime, October's a long way off and y'all are still recovering from 'gimme my score NOW' panic. Don't work too hard right away. I for one am going to spend tomorrow tanning in my new swimsuit, picking blueberries on my friend's farm, and if I feel like it I *might* try that mulch/stone game again. Untimed. With a pina colada.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:20 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:After going back and forth for a few hours, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Just registered, had a fee waiver so I figured why not? I mean a 171 is good, but I feel like I could have done so much better. My 3.4 needs some help.
We're in the same club. 171 retakes! <33

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:Not sure if I'm allowed in this club since I canceled, but here's hoping we all do better next time! I'll be taking it at my college in the building I have 3/4ths of my classes, so maybe that'll help me be get little more comfortable (I can't remember a single test in college I panicked over).

In the meantime, October's a long way off and y'all are still recovering from 'gimme my score NOW' panic. Don't work too hard right away. I for one am going to spend tomorrow tanning in my new swimsuit, picking blueberries on my friend's farm, and if I feel like it I *might* try that mulch/stone game again. Untimed. With a pina colada.
that sounds like great advice.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm

I wish I had your motivation ali. Can you share your timelines? when are you trying to get your apps in?
I plan on apps in no later than November, though I may submit mid September and just let them hold me....I need to talk to an advisor. I'm currently in the process of organizing and making my timeline look pretty from the times I wrote in my planner, so I will post that as soon as its done as long as you promise to post that neat spreadsheet you had of all the PT progress scores :D . That is, if you still have it. What are you guys thinking as far as app time?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:Retakers should still work on PSs over the summer...but instead of ones catered to the lengths that each school desire...just write a short and long one.
Yup, i'm going to have my PS and DS done completely by the time school starts. Taking a full load of classes in the Fall, compared to this previous quarter, where I went to part time student to study for the LSAT. at least I've learned a lot now.

I thought that all PS were supposed to be like 2 pages? what are the long and shot page lengths?

LogicalBaozi

New

Post by LogicalBaozi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Knockglock wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:After going back and forth for a few hours, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Just registered, had a fee waiver so I figured why not? I mean a 171 is good, but I feel like I could have done so much better. My 3.4 needs some help.
We're in the same club. 171 retakes! <33
Same, I mis-transcribed an entire game!!!! &#……&¥Q#&$ I missed two questions on the entire test outside of LG.... oh, well. At least the October test won't fall during Finals Week, eh?

Edit: And this time I'm actually buying prep materials and prepping hardcore, not just randomly taking a few preps the week before. I've read Pithypike's guide, and it is goooood. Why didn't I know about this site before I sat the exam?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”