Hold on File, no score

whuts4lunch

Hold on File, no score

Postby whuts4lunch » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:42 pm

I got an email from LSAC that I thought would contain my score, but instead it told me that I have a hold on my file. I had accommodations to bring a pillow into the room during testing. Is that a possible reason for a hold? Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

mattjs64

Re: Hold on File, no score

Postby mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Same e-mail. It said hold or delay. I called yesterday when I saw the text "temporary hold" on my LSAT status and they said it was because of complaints about my center and an e-mail about "options" I would have about the terrible center (Broward Community College) would be sent. However, this e-mail outlining "options" I have has not been sent. Just an e-mail informing me that my score is not released.

I'm so pissed.

melakar

Postby melakar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey, so we tested at the same site. I really didn't have any complaints during the test, did you have the two older women as proctors? Anyway, I just received the same e-mail directing me to go to the Important Information link on the LSAC page. But, there isn't one. And I'm not sure if LSAC will be open during the weekend.

SSilver2k2

Postby SSilver2k2 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Heh, another person who tested at BCC. I also got the on hold email.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:07 pm

i tested at BCC also

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

how on earth didn't they resolve whatever problem there was with BCC before today?

melakar

Postby melakar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Maybe my expectations were low because I actually received my AA from Broward, but I didn't really have an issue with the testing center. At least not during the test.

mattjs64

Postby mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:09 pm

melakar wrote:Hey, so we tested at the same site. I really didn't have any complaints during the test, did you have the two older women as proctors? Anyway, I just received the same e-mail directing me to go to the Important Information link on the LSAC page. But, there isn't one. And I'm not sure if LSAC will be open during the weekend.

Two older african american women and that kid with the wife beater shirt that came in to let us know that we were starting soon after an hour of waiting?

melakar

Postby melakar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Nope, I had two older women, Anne and another one that read the whole time. We waited awhile to start the test, but it was because 15 of the 30 testers (myself included) were in line outside and had to be checked in and given tests.

SSilver2k2

Postby SSilver2k2 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 pm

I had the room with the three woman. I really didn't think there was much to complain about, other than just all the "hurry up and wait". Tons of people in a testing room, stuff takes longer than usual. I didn't feel anything odd happened during our testing.

ellewoods2

Postby ellewoods2 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm

i was also in the room with the 2 older women. i think someone complained about her having called 5 minutes left when there was 10 minutes. this didn't really affect me, (if it did, i would've complained myself), so i'm pretty upset i didn't get my score today. does anyone know how long issues like this typically take to be resolved? 3 weeks of waiting is long enough!!!

melakar

Postby melakar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm

I spoke to someone at LSAC earlier today and she said once the option letter has been received by e-mail to fax it back and the hold would be lifted. But, the e-mail I received today told me to click on a link that doesn't seem to exist. The office is closed, so I've prepared myself for no results until Monday, at the earliest.

mattjs64

Postby mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm

This blows. Everyone I know has there scores. I just want to get it over with already. Yes, the AC was broken and we waited outside in 100 degree weather for like 2 hours before starting.. but they should let us who want to keep our scores move on. Granted, I'd be happy if I had a second chance to cancel and the curve was something like -24 for a 160. :-) .. but thats not the case. Pretty generous curve. So I guess it works out sometimes.

mattjs64

Postby mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm

melakar wrote:I spoke to someone at LSAC earlier today and she said once the option letter has been received by e-mail to fax it back and the hold would be lifted. But, the e-mail I received today told me to click on a link that doesn't seem to exist. The office is closed, so I've prepared myself for no results until Monday, at the earliest.

What link? You got an e-mail with options or just an e-mail notifying you about the hold?

melakar

Postby melakar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Sorry, last post was vague. The e-mail said:

For more information, please log into your online account and refer to the Important Information box on the home page.

But, there is no Important Information box on the home page. There is a split second pop-up when I open my page, so I hope there's not any information there.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:21 am

I also tested in that room. Although it was a TERRIBLE test, I didn't complain because none of those things were really that out of the ordinary. It's not like she didn't give us the full time, she just interrupted us.

I called LSAC yesterday and the day before. one lady freaked out and was like, you haven't gotten the email yet?! The other one was like, it will come out today. (This was yesterday at 12:00 pm). Still no email about an "option letter." And no information box for me either.

mattjs64

Postby mattjs64 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am

melakar wrote:Sorry, last post was vague. The e-mail said:

For more information, please log into your online account and refer to the Important Information box on the home page.

But, there is no Important Information box on the home page. There is a split second pop-up when I open my page, so I hope there's not any information there.

Oh okay. Yeah same exact situation we are both in. Even the split second pop up.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:41 pm

This is the option email:

Choose only one of the following options and indicate whether or not you want a letter included with your file.
Option 1. __________Report my June 2010 score to me and to the law schools to which I apply.
And
___ Include a letter with Law School Reports
Or
___ do not include a letter with Law School Reports

Option 2. __________Cancel my June 2010 score AND register me for one of the following test dates indicated below free of charge: And
___ Include a letter with Law School Reports
Or
___ do not include a letter with Law School Reports
Choose only one test date:
____Saturday, October 9, 2010 at test center # ___________
____Saturday, December 11, 2010 at test center # ________
____Saturday, February 12, 2011* at test center # _________

Saturday Sabbath Observer’s Test Dates*
____Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at center at center # _________
____Monday, December 13, 2010 at center # ________
____Monday, February 14, 2011 at center # _________

If you have already cancelled your June 7, 2010 LSAT score, you have the option to register free of charge for one of the following test dates and you may or may not include a letter with your file:

Choose only one test date:
____Saturday, October 9, 2010 at test center # ___________
____Saturday, December 11, 2010 at test center # ________
____Saturday, February 12, 2011 at test center # _________

Saturday Sabbath Observer’s Test Dates*
____Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at center at center # _________
____Monday, December 13, 2010 at center # ________
____Monday, February 14, 2011 at center # _________

* This is a nondisclosed test.

Please print the following information clearly and submit this form so that it is received at LSAC no later than July 7, 2010. Failure to do so will result in your score being released to you and to the law schools to which you apply.

NAME: ________________________________________ LSAC Account #: L _______________________

SIGNATURE: ___________________________________ DATE: _________________________________
(Without signature your request will not be processed)

Please fax this form to: FAX (215) 968-1277

I cancelled already and may use the free retake but what would the letter included say? Just that there was "less than optimal testing conditions?" would law schools want me to explain them if i had the letter included? I didn't complain about any of the conditions so is there a point in my having the letter included? thanks

SSilver2k2

Postby SSilver2k2 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Got that same email.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:52 pm

I had an online student who took the test there and emailed me about it (because of the hold). Makes me wonder what actually happened. Was it just the unreasonably long wait (and I guess a sort-of interruption at the wrong time)? If so, that hardly seems like a reason for LSAC to uphold a challenge about testing conditions, which it sounds as though they did. Is there something that I'm missing here?

melakar

Postby melakar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:12 pm

tomwatts wrote:I had an online student who took the test there and emailed me about it (because of the hold). Makes me wonder what actually happened. Was it just the unreasonably long wait (and I guess a sort-of interruption at the wrong time)? If so, that hardly seems like a reason for LSAC to uphold a challenge about testing conditions, which it sounds as though they did. Is there something that I'm missing here?

I agree, I'm leaning more towards the possibility that the tests were mishandled in some way.

user15688

Postby user15688 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I dont know if the test were necessarily mishandled. I was in one of the rooms that you were discussing and the testing conditions were absolutely deplorable. First, there was no A/C. Second, the rooms adjacent to our room were conducting classes/lectures and you could actually hear murmurs coming from them. (Some people claimed to be able to hear what was actually being said word for word in those rooms). Then the proctor stated the time wrong twice in two separate sections, saying there was 5 minutes left when actually there was 10 minutes left. (She was using two timers: one to count down the actual time (t-minus 35 minutes) and one evidently to count down to the time to announce that we had 5 minutes left (T minus 30 minutes). Evidently she looked at the latter watch for announcing the time thinking it was the former watch thereby making the mistake. She did that twice which was just unreal. This was all at BCC. (But on side note, I had a friend also take it at BCC in another room who had perfectly fine conditions so it could be a center-wide issue.)

This is all not to mention that they sent some individuals to rooms that had been already full and then had to find those students other seats in other rooms and it was like 90+ degrees outside and unbearable, but I doubt that was the reason for the hold.

A good number of people in this room (which seems like some people in the post?) were extremely upset with the test taking conditions and for good reason. I personally didn't complain because I wanted my score and didn't want something like this to delay it but I don't blame the people who complained. So I would be surprised if it were a test center-wide problem but obviously I could be wrong. What makes me angry is that LSAT didn't give us the option before the scores were released which I would be willing to bet was in their power, but again who am I to question that.

I was wondering if anyone had replied and gotten their score? I sent my response in yesterday (Saturday) and am still waiting. Hopefully it comes up on the website tomorrow. Has anyone who responded gotten anything back from LSAC? Thanks in advance.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:55 pm

The letter in your file makes it so that you wouldn't necessarily need to write an addendum to explain why you cancelled. . .it takes the responsibility off of you (more or less) and puts it on the testing center. . .kind of like a free pass to make the cancellation not look bad on you *if* the specific law school frowns on cancellations.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:49 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:The letter in your file makes it so that you wouldn't necessarily need to write an addendum to explain why you cancelled. . .it takes the responsibility off of you (more or less) and puts it on the testing center. . .kind of like a free pass to make the cancellation not look bad on you *if* the specific law school frowns on cancellations.

so the letter wouldn't attract attention to the cancellation? Would schools not ask me to explain the problem at the center since the letter would tell them that there was some problem?
As I said I cancelled for my own reason (i got sick during the exam) so I wouldn't want to include the letter and make it seem like it was some other external problem with the center...?

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:43 am

I tested at BCC and recieved my score this morning. I sent in my own letter friday before the option email was sent so that may have something to do with it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”