Please Help

kelsey89

Please Help

Postby kelsey89 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:26 pm

So I'm looking at my "Candidate Report" and it says '0' for the last question of the credited LG. I know I got the ? right, though I did erase and change it. Should I call and ask them to look into it? I feel like the scantron machine didn't read it properly. This would bring me from a 169 to a 170...

3|ink

Re: Please Help

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 pm

kelsey89 wrote:So I'm looking at my "Candidate Report" and it says '0' for the last question of the credited LG. I know I got the ? right, though I did erase and change it. Should I call and ask them to look into it? I feel like the scantron machine didn't read it properly. This would bring me from a 169 to a 170...

Call them.

kelsey89

Postby kelsey89 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:29 pm

they're closed for the weekend, right? I guess I shall wait until Monday. I just wanted to make sure this is something that could possibly happen/change the score.

mst

Postby mst » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Machines make mistakes, and if your erasure sucked that could explain it. Call them next week and discuss the option of having it hand graded. They do this from time to time.

kelsey89

Postby kelsey89 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 pm

thank you,

Looking at the section online, I know I definitely got the question right after i went back and checked my answers (erasure on this ?). I'm hoping they are willing to look into it

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:11 am

If you want to dispute your score, you'll have to request handscoring for $42. http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/lsat-and-lsdas-fees.asp

From the LSDAS Information Book, Page 17:
Handscoring is not faster than machine scoring. If you wish to verify or contest the machine scoring of your answer sheet after you have received your LSAT Score Report, you may request a rescoring of your answer sheet by hand. LSAC will not handscore answers recorded in the test book. Requests to handscore your answer sheet must be made in writing and received no later than 60 days after the test date. Send a copy of your LSAT Score Report and a letter that includes:
your request for handscoring and your reason for the request;
your name, LSAC account number, and the last four digits of your Social Security or Social Insurance number;
the test date; and
the test center name and code number.
There is a fee for this service.
Send your request to:
Law School Admission Council
662 Penn Street
Box 2000-T
Newtown, PA 18940-0995, USA
Note
If the handscoring results in a score that is different from the original machine scoring—higher or lower—the revised score
will be mailed to you and the law schools to which you apply.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”