Powerscore LG Bible Question- pg. 79 Game #4 SETUP

Helphelphelp

Powerscore LG Bible Question- pg. 79 Game #4 SETUP

Postby Helphelphelp » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Can someone please explain to me the stimulus to this problem? I'm very confused as to why the doubled product has to either be 14 or 24 in the solutions on pg. 80.

This questions comes from the LG Bible from either 2003 or 2004, not the newer edition.

Thanks in advance!

LSAT Blog

Re: Powerscore LG Bible Question- pg. 79 Game #4 SETUP

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:30 pm

The game is from December 1996 (PT21) (page 121 in newer edition of LGB)

This is because the second rule tells us that the doubled product is on week 4 but cannot be on week 3. That leaves the doubled product to be on weeks 1 and 4 or on weeks 2 and 4.

Helphelphelp

Postby Helphelphelp » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Everything in the LG Bible was pretty doable up until this point and then I was just utterly confused... Did anyone else experience this?

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Helphelphelp wrote:Thanks for the quick response! Everything in the LG Bible was pretty doable up until this point and then I was just utterly confused... Did anyone else experience this?

Not gonna lie. When I first saw that solution...I was like, I didn't think math was involved on the LSAT :lol: . Then I realized, after many reads, that it was in reference to weeks (I guess I was expecting a comma or something).

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Helphelphelp wrote:Thanks for the quick response! Everything in the LG Bible was pretty doable up until this point and then I was just utterly confused... Did anyone else experience this?

Seems like you need to read the rules a little more carefully. I had that problem at first. If you misread one little rule, you'll be lucky to answer more than 1-2 questions correctly, if any.

The first two questions are simple, and #20 is only hard if you don't use your answer from #18 (which would make getting the correct answer very, very difficult).

Once you answer #20 correctly, the game is a piece of cake because several variables are now set in place, and only a few free variables remain. Learning to use previous list answers is really helpful, especially when there is SEEMINGLY so many free variables in a game like this one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”