POWERSCORE LRB matching KAPLAN MASTERY Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
doug_7506

New

POWERSCORE LRB matching KAPLAN MASTERY

Post by doug_7506 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Trying to sort this out, Please feel free to make correction as you see fit. Maybe with a bit of help from everyone I can sort this out.

Powerscore

1 Must Be True
2 Main Point
3 Conditional Reasoning
4 Weaken
5 Cause and Effect
6 Strengthen, Justify the Conclusions and Assumption
7 Resolve the Paradox
8 Formal Logic
9 Method of Reasoning
10 Flaw in the Reasoning
11 Parallel Reasoning
12 Numbers and Percentages
13 Evaluate the Argument
14 Point at Issue
15 Principle Questions

Kaplan

1 Assumption
2 Strengthen/Weaken
3 Flaw
4 Inference
5 Principle
6 Parallel
7 Method of Argument
8 Paradox
9 Main Point
10 Point at Issue
11 Role of a Statement

Equivalents

Powerscore----------------------------------------------------------------Kaplan
1 Must Be True-----------------------------------------------------------4 Inference
2 Main Point----------------------------------------------------------------9 Main Point
3 Conditional Reasoning------------------------------------------------(SKILLS CHAPTER)
4 Weaken--------------------------------------------------------------------2 Strengthen/Weaken
5 Cause and Effect-------------------------------------------------------(SKILLS CHAPTER)
6 Strengthen, Justify the Conclusions and Assumption-------2 Strengthen/Weaken, 1 Assumption
7 Resolve the Paradox---------------------------------------------------8 Paradox
8 Formal Logic-------------------------------------------------------------(SKILLS CHAPTER)
9 Method of Reasoning-------------------------------------------------7 Method of Argument, 11 Role of a Statement
10 Flaw in the Reasoning-----------------------------------------------3 Flaw
11 Parallel Reasoning----------------------------------------------------6 Parallel
12 Numbers and Percentages-----------------------------------------(SKILLS CHAPTER)
13 Evaluate the Argument----------------------------------------------2 Strengthen/Weaken
14 Point at Issue----------------------------------------------------------10 Point at Issue
15 Principle Questions--------------------------------------------------5 Principle

LSAT Blog wrote:What you've posted so far looks good to me.
Conditional Reasoning, Cause and Effect, Formal Logic, and Numbers and Percentages are just chapters to teach particular skills.

They're not actually unique question-types.
Last edited by doug_7506 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: POWERSCORE LRB matching KAPLAN MASTERY

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 pm

What you've posted so far looks good to me.

Conditional Reasoning, Cause and Effect, Formal Logic, and Numbers and Percentages are just chapters to teach particular skills.

Kaplan includes Evaluate the Argument questions in its Strengthen/Weaken chapter in Mastery Practice.

Powerscore includes Role of a Statement in its Method of Reasoning chapter.

doug_7506

New

Post by doug_7506 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:21 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:What you've posted so far looks good to me.

Kaplan includes Evaluate the Argument questions in its Strengthen/Weaken chapter in Mastery Practice.

Powerscore includes Role of a Statement in its Method of Reasoning chapter.
thanks a bunch!

HiLine

Bronze

Post by HiLine » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:30 am

You could try to match the formal logic question type from Powerscore with the questions marked FL from Mastery.

uieLouAy

New

Post by uieLouAy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

This is great, but I just went through my LRB and saw that they also have a Cannot Be True question type; where does that match up in Kaplan?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”