Error on Certifying Statement?

honestabe84

Error on Certifying Statement?

Postby honestabe84 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Apparently, I made some kind of a mistake while copying my certifying statement. As a result, LSAC sent me a new one that I had to copy and send back. Has anyone else had to do this? Will it likely delay my score?

3|ink

Re: Error on Certifying Statement?

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:15 pm

That sucks. The first time I took the test, I was not able to fit my statement in the space provided. The proctor said it wasn't a problem.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm

3|ink wrote:That sucks. The first time I took the test, I was not able to fit my statement in the space provided. The proctor said it wasn't a problem.

LSAC didn't contact you about it?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:23 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
3|ink wrote:That sucks. The first time I took the test, I was not able to fit my statement in the space provided. The proctor said it wasn't a problem.

LSAC didn't contact you about it?

The head proctor said not to worry about it. Perhaps the LSAC never followed up because my score wasn't great anyway. Maybe that's a good sign about your score!

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

I've definitely known people who wrote "LSAC sucks balls" on the certification statement and nothing happened.

Actually, that might've been "ETS sucks balls" on the SAT certification statement. Never mind.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am

Ok, is this going to show up as misconduct OR an irregularity? I found this on LSAC's website: "Examples of misconduct and irregularities include, but are not limited to: submission of false, inconsistent, or misleading statements or omission of information requested online or on forms as part of registering for the LSAT or using LSAC's credential assembly services, or on individual law school application forms..."

Has anyone gotten a misconduct or irregularity? Does it clearly say on your LSAC account that you have been written up, or do they just include the write up when they send your LSAC report?

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

bump

kazu

Postby kazu » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:51 pm

I don't know if it'll show up as a misconduct/irregularity, but I'm pretty sure it will delay your score.. I remember during the December LSATs people who had to provide additional information/whatnot (can't remember the specifics, sorry) didn't get their scores the same day that everyone else did.

Sorry OP :( Hang in there!

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 pm

kazu wrote:I don't know if it'll show up as a misconduct/irregularity, but I'm pretty sure it will delay your score.. I remember during the December LSATs people who had to provide additional information/whatnot (can't remember the specifics, sorry) didn't get their scores the same day that everyone else did.

Sorry OP :( Hang in there!

That would really suck to get my score later than everyone else. However, actually getting a misconduct/irregularity would be unacceptable.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”