Temporarily on hold?

beadedcortinas

Temporarily on hold?

Postby beadedcortinas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 am

Hi, so the scores haven't been released yet, but I checked my LSAC account today and under special notes it says that I'm Temporarily on hold, and I have no idea what that means!

I did not get written up or given a slip during the test, and I didn't do anything wrong--can't be a misconduct then, right?

During the test (I took it in a hotel), after the break, there was a meeting going on in the room next to us and we could hear clapping and stuff through the wall, so the administrators called LSAC to ask what to do about it. I didn't make a complaint or anything, but could the fact that this happened at all be a reason for the hold?

I know I should just call LSAC but it's almost 1 a.m. and I'm just about frantic.

Thanks!

suspicious android

Re: Temporarily on hold?

Postby suspicious android » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:42 am

If you had a misconduct penalty, they would have told you. Try not to worry about it.

djjf39

Postby djjf39 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:46 am

If someone else filed complaint and LSAC thinks the situation is serious and merits special action, then you might be given the chance to cancel your score.

On the other hand, LSAC could be struggling to digest your test, lost your writing sample, etc. Tomorrow call, but until then any thoughts are simple wild speculation, including my own.

suspicious android wrote:Try not to worry about it.

+1

beadedcortinas

Postby beadedcortinas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:13 am

Blah, thanks guys. I just called them and they said they sent a letter out yesterday, so hopefully I find out soon. Thanks again! I'm trying very hard to take your advice haha.

beadedcortinas

Postby beadedcortinas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:49 pm

As it turns out, my friend who took it at the same center also has a hold. There were so may complaints about the noise and delay that I think they are going to give us the cancel option. Breathing normally again. Thanks!

kas1112

Postby kas1112 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Did anyone take it at the New Brunswick Hilton? I was very confused about receiving the temporary hold myself, but the party on the other side of the partition was a little outrageous.

Thanks.

mulp

Postby mulp » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 pm

I took it at the East Brunswick Hilton as well and received an email about a temporary hold. Good to know that I wasnt the only one!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”