hardest questions of all time

3|ink

Re: hardest questions of all time

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 pm

kasparov wrote:the noguchi passage. that test broke the -9/-10 streak and turned it into a -14.

fucking invisible sculptures, or something.

There was a -9/-10 streak? I thought it was -10/-11. June '09 was -11, right? September was -10?

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm

3|ink wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
3|ink wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:The LG game that had cages with male/female snakes/lizards was brutal for me.

That was a harder version of the mulch/stones game.

What? I must have missed something on the mulch/stone game, because I don't think they were similar game types.

Perhaps I'm mistaken. I was going off of memory and that snakes game was one of the first I did when I started studying. I remember it had a limited number of cages and you had to fit the snakes and lizards in a certain order. You had like 5 snakes and 2 lizards if I recall, Male and Female among both.

Yeah but in snakes/lizards you have the ability to put more than one animal in a particular cage, and you can have empty cages.

kasparov

Postby kasparov » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:33 pm

to be honest, i'm not 100% sure. its been a while since i've even thought LSAT, but I remember that 170 always hovered around -10 for a while, -10/-11 certainly sounds right.

I may or may not have been using a little artistic liberty to make a point......but still, fuck that passage.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Noguchi killed me.

Also that damn brown dwarf question. I had to read it a thousand times and re-write all the answers into shorter sentences with diagrams to get it. I HATE double negatives.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Four words: riddled basins of attraction.

HTH

forward

Postby forward » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14 am

Last edited by forward on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Army2Law

Postby Army2Law » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 am

"Discuss the meaning of life in no more than 800, but no less than 600 words."

TITCR

hax123

Postby hax123 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 am

zworykin wrote:
3|ink wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
3|ink wrote:
That was a harder version of the mulch/stones game.

What? I must have missed something on the mulch/stone game, because I don't think they were similar game types.

Perhaps I'm mistaken. I was going off of memory and that snakes game was one of the first I did when I started studying. I remember it had a limited number of cages and you had to fit the snakes and lizards in a certain order. You had like 5 snakes and 2 lizards if I recall, Male and Female among both.

Yeah but in snakes/lizards you have the ability to put more than one animal in a particular cage, and you can have empty cages.

Wow...it sounds like the mulch game was pretty easy.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:18 am

hax123 wrote:
zworykin wrote:
3|ink wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Wow...it sounds like the mulch game was pretty easy.

Yeah honestly I thought the mulch game was very very easy. Only 2 variables, basic linear. It just threw a lot of people off and confused people for some reason, probably due to the stress/intensity of the test.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Four words: riddled basins of attraction.

HTH

This was easy for me. But when it came to those boring ass art history passages on frieda kahlo and shit...not good lol

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:42 am

I enjoyed the Snakes Cages game. It was actually fun. I think because I figured it out. I got a sort of cognitive rush from. NO SUCH RUSH WITH MULCH :evil:

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 am

The easiest game I can ever remember was one about handing paintings on a wall, and LSAC even included a nice ready-made diagram.

katiem

Postby katiem » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 am

Mulch seemed really intimidating at first but it ended up being fine. Snakes/lizards sounds like a nightmare. Cakewalk, invisible sculptures, and talk-story were the hardest RC passages for me. I thought remembering Maxine Hong Kingston from high school would be an advantage, but instead the RC passage just made me hate her even more.

lebob

Postby lebob » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:11 am

RC noguchi/sculptures was pretty bad

hard LG = snakes and lizards

mulches was an easy game. the wording threw me off for a minute, probably b/c i had about 3.5 minutes to do that game and was freaking out/rush reading it over and over again. i feel like for LG you can't look at games individually, but rather gotta view them in their set of 4s. for games, i choose the game that has the most questions, and work downward to the one with the least number of questions. I did mulches last (which means it MUST have had the least number of questions in that set). that one difficult game sucked all my time, i had to whiz through mulches, and it probably cost me a question or two.

then again, this is true for RC, and LR too... lol. so i've said something pointless. blah, who cares.

J0EBL0W

Postby J0EBL0W » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:04 am

As a mathematics major I found the fractals RC section super easy, but I'm sure a large part of that is because of my background. I did find the cake walk reading to be super hard though.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 pm

J0EBL0W wrote:As a mathematics major I found the fractals RC section super easy, but I'm sure a large part of that is because of my background. I did find the cake walk reading to be super hard though.

I enjoyed cake walk and despised fractals. I missed more questions on fractals than I have on any other RC Passage. I was deeply thankful it was a practice. But cake walk was fun and I missed zero. I thought it was somewhat interesting.

Anything visual or spatial makes me die a little inside.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”