When the June LSAT curve comes out, post it in a NEW thread!

PrayingforHYS

Re: When the June LSAT curve comes out, post it in a NEW thread!

Postby PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:53 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:oh, awesome. thanks for the help, fellas -- i appreciate it.

Alright, so now I know a few things.

New strategy: I'll probably see TLS on Thurs or Fri before I even know I have an email from LSAC, but after I know the curve (yes, I realize I can see it on the conversion chart, but I'll probably find out FROM here that scores are up, so I'll see the curve anyway), then I'll log into LSAC, click LSAT status, cover 3/4 of the webpage with a piece of paper so that I can only see the "answer sheet" stuff in that row, I'll click the answer sheet, go through the sections, and see how I did

Well, I guess this WAS far more complicated than it had to be, but I maintain that it will STILL amuse me for a few minutes, and at the end of the day, that's all that comes, eh?

hahahaha
you'll actually do the covering thing?
xD
Yeah man, just do whatever makes you happy :lol:

haha, yes, I swear I'm going to do the paper thing -- I'm dedicated to this amusement thing. I mean, I won't be so amused if my score isn't what I want, but I like the suspense that I'm adding.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:59 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:oh, awesome. thanks for the help, fellas -- i appreciate it.

New strategy: I'll probably see TLS on Thurs or Fri before I even know I have an email from LSAC, but after I know the curve (yes, I realize I can see it on the conversion chart, but I'll probably find out FROM here that scores are up, so I'll see the curve anyway), then I'll log into LSAC, click LSAT status, cover 3/4 of the webpage with a piece of paper so that I can only see the "answer sheet" stuff in that row, I'll click the answer sheet, go through the sections, and see how I did

Well, I guess this WAS far more complicated than it had to be, but I maintain that it will STILL amuse me for a few minutes, and at the end of the day, that's all that comes, eh?

hahahaha
xD

haha, yes, I swear I'm going to do the paper thing -- I'm dedicated to this amusement thing. I mean, I won't be so amused if my score isn't what I want, but I like the suspense that I'm adding.

you're crazy. I'm definitely opening the email immediately and rubbing my awesome score in everyone's face via facebook. that's how I roll.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:01 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:

hahahaha
xD

you're crazy. I'm definitely opening the email immediately and rubbing my awesome score in everyone's face via facebook. that's how I roll.

haha. I've debated whether to do this. Dunno if I will, we'll see.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

When you come up with a new IDEA about a future thread topic, post it in a NEW thread!

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:29 am

FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:

hahahaha
xD

lol, unfortunately, my score isn't going to be good enough to do that, nor do I use facebook. I mean, if I were in the 175+ range, maybe I'd consider it, but below that, and it's just like "oh ok, nice job, but s/he's just being a dick" haha

I think that that's the main reason I want to go through all this trouble. If I just KNEW that I killed this test and did really well, then I'd just open the email and see, but b/c I think my test could literally be anywhere between a 163 and a 170 (obviously a momentous difference), then I want the suspense. My gut tells me 165, maybe 166, but I'm praying that it's at LEAST a few points higher. Sigh...this anticipation is going to make my stomach turn and my head ache for the next 84+ hours

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 am

PrayingforHYS wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:

lol, unfortunately, my score isn't going to be good enough to do that, nor do I use facebook. I mean, if I were in the 175+ range, maybe I'd consider it, but below that, and it's just like "oh ok, nice job, but s/he's just being a dick" haha

I think that that's the main reason I want to go through all this trouble. If I just KNEW that I killed this test and did really well, then I'd just open the email and see, but b/c I think my test could literally be anywhere between a 163 and a 170 (obviously a momentous difference), then I want the suspense. My gut tells me 165, maybe 166, but I'm praying that it's at LEAST a few points higher. Sigh...this anticipation is going to make my stomach turn and my head ache for the next 84+ hours

I'm in the same boat. I have a pretty wide range of scores (~10) that I could honestly see myself getting! so yeah...I feel your pain. Last 84 hours...wow.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 am

Knockglock wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I have a pretty wide range of scores (~10) that I could honestly see myself getting! so yeah...I feel your pain. Last 84 hours...wow.

I'm feeling a 13 point range. Anything from 167 to 180, haha. I think I'm in the middle. Anything above a 172 is definitely bragging rights. Top 1% is a pretty special club.

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:48 am

lol, I don't know how anyone could be on the fence about a 180. I'm sure that people rarely expect to have answered every one correctly, but you probably KNOW of 1-2 that you missed (at least in most cases)

167-180 is a pretty big range, lol...is that just your pessimism or do you honestly think you could've gotten a 167?

My score (well, like most I guess) will depend largely on the curve. I had to guess on 2 LG, I feel like -6 to -8 LR, and I feel like -8 to -10 RC (man do I hate RC)

So you're looking at -16 to -20. 5 of those were guesses, so maybe you're optimistic and hope you got two right...now you're looking at a range of -14 to -20. If the curve is something small like -10/-11, then even my most optimistic guess could be a 166 or 167 and my worst case scenario could actually be even worse than I thought...160 or 161

However, if we get another -14 (oh please, please, please God have a curve at or higher than this), then all of the sudden my best case scenario could even be a 170 or 169, and my worst case scenario is probably a 164-165

Can we all say a quick prayer hoping for the highest curve in LSAT history? It's worth a shot. I'm about to go to sleep and I'm gonna try it out. Feel free to join in with me, TLS...it can only help us.

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 am

FuManChusco wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:

I'm feeling a 13 point range. Anything from 167 to 180, haha. I think I'm in the middle. Anything above a 172 is definitely bragging rights. Top 1% is a pretty special club.

I'm feeling like my range is anywhere from 170 to 180. I really want to hit my PT average for the last couple of months, which was 176. So we'll see I guess. Hopefully I can be in that top 1% club though. Can we make a secret clubhouse if we both do????

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:52 am

PrayingforHYS wrote:lol, I don't know how anyone could be on the fence about a 180. I'm sure that people rarely expect to have answered every one correctly, but you probably KNOW of 1-2 that you missed (at least in most cases)

167-180 is a pretty big range, lol...is that just your pessimism or do you honestly think you could've gotten a 167?

My score (well, like most I guess) will depend largely on the curve. I had to guess on 2 LG, I feel like -6 to -8 LR, and I feel like -8 to -10 RC (man do I hate RC)

So you're looking at -16 to -20. 5 of those were guesses, so maybe you're optimistic and hope you got two right...now you're looking at a range of -14 to -20. If the curve is something small like -10/-11, then even my most optimistic guess could be a 166 or 167 and my worst case scenario could actually be even worse than I thought...160 or 161

However, if we get another -14 (oh please, please, please God have a curve at or higher than this), then all of the sudden my best case scenario could even be a 170 or 169, and my worst case scenario is probably a 164-165

Can we all say a quick prayer hoping for the highest curve in LSAT history? It's worth a shot. I'm about to go to sleep and I'm gonna try it out. Feel free to join in with me, TLS...it can only help us.

I hit 180 four times in practice. I can safely say that I didn't see it coming any of the times. My memory's a little hazy, but I think I felt pretty good about a couple of them, on the fence on one, and thought I had relatively bombed a PT that ended up being one of my 180. And definitely some of the times when I sat back after a PT and said to myself that I DEFINITELY "clean'd" that PT (-0) I had scores all over, including some pretty shitty ones, like PT 59 when I would have guessed that I had a 177+ (following up a 180 on PT 58 I think or something like that), ended up with 172. So you definitely can't tell a lot of the time.

I will definitely hope to all hell though that we get a sick ass generous curve!

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 am

PrayingforHYS wrote:lol, I don't know how anyone could be on the fence about a 180. I'm sure that people rarely expect to have answered every one correctly, but you probably KNOW of 1-2 that you missed (at least in most cases)

tl;dr I am very bad at predicting my score on the LSAT.

So, here's how my story goes. I think I got a -0 on LG. It's definitely my best section I think I was -0 on 90% of my PTs. Finished that section with like 7 minutes to spare. Checked all my answers out, looked good. LR felt really good. I usually get about -3/-4 combined by missing a tough one or making a dumb mistake, but I never checked answers with the extra time during PTs for some reason. Ended up finishing both LRs before the 5-minute warning, went back, and checked about 8-10 questions total. Caught 1 dumb mistake and changed a few answers. I've "figured out" most of those questions "in my head" (if you catch my drift, which you probably don't but irrelevant. Knockglock might get it.) continuing on... and I am fairly certain all of them are right. So I'm starting to feel great about LR. RC is normally my worst section, at around -4/-5. I finished right on time. Didn't have to speed up really, or take guesses. Rushed the last question a little, but felt good. My honest prediction was 173 on a -10 curve. Probably -4 on RC and -3 combined LR, with -0 LG. I don't really see a sub-170 and that 167 number is definitely the pessimist in me speaking. However, I could have blown the RC up. I do that, albeit very rarely. Once in a while I also kill an RC section and I feel like my LRs could be perfect at this point. That's where the 180 comes from. I'd say I'm actually about 170-175 depending on the curve. At least I'm going to keep telling myself that. :shock:

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 am

FuManChusco wrote:

tl;dr I am very bad at predicting my score on the LSAT.

So, here's how my story goes. I think I got a -0 on LG. It's definitely my best section I think I was -0 on 90% of my PTs. Finished that section with like 7 minutes to spare. Checked all my answers out, looked good. LR felt really good. I usually get about -3/-4 combined by missing a tough one or making a dumb mistake, but I never checked answers with the extra time during PTs for some reason. Ended up finishing both LRs before the 5-minute warning, went back, and checked about 8-10 questions total. Caught 1 dumb mistake and changed a few answers. I've "figured out" most of those questions "in my head" (if you catch my drift, which you probably don't but irrelevant. Knockglock might get it.) continuing on... and I am fairly certain all of them are right. So I'm starting to feel great about LR. RC is normally my worst section, at around -4/-5. I finished right on time. Didn't have to speed up really, or take guesses. Rushed the last question a little, but felt good. My honest prediction was 173 on a -10 curve. Probably -4 on RC and -3 combined LR, with -0 LG. I don't really see a sub-170 and that 167 number is definitely the pessimist in me speaking. However, I could have blown the RC up. I do that, albeit very rarely. Once in a while I also kill an RC section and I feel like my LRs could be perfect at this point. That's where the 180 comes from. I'd say I'm actually about 170-175 depending on the curve. At least I'm going to keep telling myself that. :shock:

Haha, oh I do ;)

I'm pretty similar, feeling pretty great about LR, hoping for 0/-1. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that I missed a couple on LG so i'm guessing probably -2. As far as RC, this is probably my biggest worry, could be anywhere from like -2 to -4/-5. So I guess realistically i'm looking at ~<174, and a high 175+ is unlikely, unless there is a really generous curve.

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:25 pm

hmm, i feel very self-conscious speaking to people scoring in the mid 170s on PTs

I think I'm gonna go hide in the corner until Thurs/Fri now lol

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:37 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:hmm, i feel very self-conscious speaking to people scoring in the mid 170s on PTs

I think I'm gonna go hide in the corner until Thurs/Fri now lol

PrayingforHYS, you can talk to me.lol. I'm not in the 170's. Infact, I only hit 170 once in a PT. So....yeah. I can remedy that. As for bragging, my friends are pretty dumb so I can claim bragging rights on anything higher than a 166. Oh, low goals. That being said, I'd love something higher but that'll be an October goal.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”