When the June LSAT curve comes out, post it in a NEW thread! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PrayingforHYS

Bronze

When the June LSAT curve comes out, post it in a NEW thread!

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey, I think we can all agree that for convenience purposes, whenever LSAC releases scores and the curve for the June LSAT, I think it would be the easiest for the first person who finds it to post a new thread...something to the extent of "June LSAT CURVE = -X"

That way, there's a new thread for everyone to post in, and it's easily accessible on the main forum without even going into the thread. I'm sure there are those out there (like myself) who will want to know the curve first and then check our LSAT section by section as we hope and pray (I like excitement)

I'm sure there are those who may just post it in the "guess the june curve" thread or something like that, but I think it'd be most convenient for the first person to put it in a new thread

agree/disagree?

Knock

Platinum

Re: When the June LSAT curve comes out, post it in a NEW thread!

Post by Knock » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:Hey, I think we can all agree that for convenience purposes, whenever LSAC releases scores and the curve for the June LSAT, I think it would be the easiest for the first person who finds it to post a new thread...something to the extent of "June LSAT CURVE = -X"

That way, there's a new thread for everyone to post in, and it's easily accessible on the main forum without even going into the thread. I'm sure there are those out there (like myself) who will want to know the curve first and then check our LSAT section by section as we hope and pray (I like excitement)

I'm sure there are those who may just post it in the "guess the june curve" thread or something like that, but I think it'd be most convenient for the first person to put it in a new thread

agree/disagree?
I probably won't be the first, but I will alter the killing time thread to put the curve in the title.

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Knockglock wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:Hey, I think we can all agree that for convenience purposes, whenever LSAC releases scores and the curve for the June LSAT, I think it would be the easiest for the first person who finds it to post a new thread...something to the extent of "June LSAT CURVE = -X"

agree/disagree?
I probably won't be the first, but I will alter the killing time thread to put the curve in the title.
I think that would be awesome too. Most ideal scenario is I hear that the scores are back (or maybe I see on my email connected to my phone that LSAC sent me an email but I don't open it), I come to the TLS LSAT forum, I immediately see a thread with a title "JUNE CURVE = -X" so that I don't have to click and search through any threads, and then from there I go to lsac.org and go through my test section by section counting the number wrong and praying it stays under the curve (or exceeds the curve by as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE [please help me, God])

I just think a lot of people would find that easy, but I appreciate you updating your thread title even if you're not the first to notice. Hopefully whoever is first likes my idea.

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote: I think that would be awesome too. Most ideal scenario is I hear that the scores are back (or maybe I see on my email connected to my phone that LSAC sent me an email but I don't open it), I come to the TLS LSAT forum, I immediately see a thread with a title "JUNE CURVE = -X" so that I don't have to click and search through any threads, and then from there I go to lsac.org and go through my test section by section counting the number wrong and praying it stays under the curve (or exceeds the curve by as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE [please help me, God])

I just think a lot of people would find that easy, but I appreciate you updating your thread title even if you're not the first to notice. Hopefully whoever is first likes my idea.
Wow you've really thought this out.

I think it's a great idea to post it in a new thread. That way people can also discuss how screwed/saved they are by the curve and debate it's fairness, lol.

Geeze, I can't wait another 4-8 days. Anyone have a time machine?

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:38 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

agree/disagree?
I think that would be awesome too. Most ideal scenario is I hear that the scores are back (or maybe I see on my email connected to my phone that LSAC sent me an email but I don't open it), I come to the TLS LSAT forum, I immediately see a thread with a title "JUNE CURVE = -X" so that I don't have to click and search through any threads, and then from there I go to lsac.org and go through my test section by section counting the number wrong and praying it stays under the curve (or exceeds the curve by as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE [please help me, God])

Or you can just check your score like a normal person and stop complicating your life...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:39 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote: I think that would be awesome too. Most ideal scenario is I hear that the scores are back (or maybe I see on my email connected to my phone that LSAC sent me an email but I don't open it), I come to the TLS LSAT forum, I immediately see a thread with a title "JUNE CURVE = -X" so that I don't have to click and search through any threads, and then from there I go to lsac.org and go through my test section by section counting the number wrong and praying it stays under the curve (or exceeds the curve by as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE [please help me, God])

Wow you've really thought this out.

I think it's a great idea to post it in a new thread. That way people can also discuss how screwed/saved they are by the curve and debate it's fairness, lol.

Geeze, I can't wait another 4-8 days. Anyone have a time machine?
lol, yea, I have thought this out. In fact, I was lying in bed last night thinking about this (talk about a pervasive standardized test) and decided I'd post today.

The obvious choice for score release is Friday, but I feel like Thursday has a very strong chance as a dark horse candidate. The earlier the better...i guess....lol....I just want my score....(again) i guess

well, I guess I DON'T want my score if it's not above a certain number, but that can be, like you said, what this new thread can discuss: how fair/unfair the curve is, how screwed they feel by it (hopefully NOBODY will feel this way b/c we'll get another -14 curve...oh my god...just thinking about that kind of curve is making me a little giddy), etc etc

AHHHHH, TOO MUCH ANTICIPATION

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:41 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

agree/disagree?

Or you can just check your score like a normal person and stop complicating your life...
it's not complicating at all. in fact, it adds suspense to it. I don't know about you, but I prefer a little suspense with big moments like these. Maybe you're pretty sure where you scored and/or you're content with how you did, so it doesn't matter for you, but I honestly feel like my score has a 7 point range (from worst case to most ideal scenario) so I'm very interested in seeing the curve, experiencing a few minutes of glum or anticipation, and then checking how I did by each section.

It's not complicating my life, and it's not complicating yours either, so no need to be a downer, bro.

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:43 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

it's not complicating at all. in fact, it adds suspense to it. I don't know about you, but I prefer a little suspense with big moments like these. Maybe you're pretty sure where you scored and/or you're content with how you did, so it doesn't matter for you, but I honestly feel like my score has a 7 point range (from worst case to most ideal scenario) so I'm very interested in seeing the curve, experiencing a few minutes of glum or anticipation, and then checking how I did by each section.

It's not complicating my life, and it's not complicating yours either, so no need to be a downer, bro.
This thread just made me nauseous about waiting for my score.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Sammi wrote:This thread just made me nauseous about waiting for my score.
I think I'm going to delete TLS from my bookmarks until the 24th. It's killing me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Sammi wrote:
lol, welcome to my life. The ENTIRE time I was studying, I was just looking forward to taking the test and being done with it, and I told myself "hey, it'll be over, I'll get to relax for 3 weeks and not worry about it," but I'm not sure I could've been more wrong. I mean, it's not, by any means, affecting my day-to-day life or making me sick or anything, but it IS constantly on my mind even though I don't want it to be. I think the main reason for that is b/c I visit TLS a few times a day. I'm pretty sure if I had been TLS-free for the last 2 weeks then I would've thought about it a few times but just let it pass

(note to self: learn from this self-analysis if I retake in October)

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:50 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
Sammi wrote:
lol, welcome to my life. The ENTIRE time I was studying, I was just looking forward to taking the test and being done with it, and I told myself "hey, it'll be over, I'll get to relax for 3 weeks and not worry about it," but I'm not sure I could've been more wrong. I mean, it's not, by any means, affecting my day-to-day life or making me sick or anything, but it IS constantly on my mind even though I don't want it to be. I think the main reason for that is b/c I visit TLS a few times a day. I'm pretty sure if I had been TLS-free for the last 2 weeks then I would've thought about it a few times but just let it pass

(note to self: learn from this self-analysis if I retake in October)
I told myself that when I got my feb score, but it's just 10x worse. I'm more on TLS now than I was then. It's addictive.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 pm

It doesn't matter if you're content with your score or if you're confident you know how you did. It's just the fact that after you finished bubbling the last section everything stopped being under your control. There's no suspense, nothing, what you got is what you got regardless of how much you're complicating finding out your LSAT score. And I'm not being a downer, I just find it amusing that someone would go through all that trouble when your score is just a click away.

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm

blackwater88 wrote:It doesn't matter if you're content with your score or if you're confident you know how you did. It's just the fact that after you finished bubbling the last section everything stopped being under your control. There's no suspense, nothing, what you got is what you got regardless of how much you're complicating finding out your LSAT score. And I'm not being a downer, I just find it amusing that someone would go through all that trouble when your score is just a click away.
haha, well, maybe I need a little bit of amusement in my life (my summer's been rather boring). Either way, I like my suspenseful way of checking the curve and then the sections to see my score rather than just reading the email. It'll at least keep me occupied for a few minutes :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:It doesn't matter if you're content with your score or if you're confident you know how you did. It's just the fact that after you finished bubbling the last section everything stopped being under your control. There's no suspense, nothing, what you got is what you got regardless of how much you're complicating finding out your LSAT score. And I'm not being a downer, I just find it amusing that someone would go through all that trouble when your score is just a click away.
haha, well, maybe I need a little bit of amusement in my life (my summer's been rather boring). Either way, I like my suspenseful way of checking the curve and then the sections to see my score rather than just reading the email. It'll at least keep me occupied for a few minutes :D
hahahha
well, I guess if that amuses you, who am I to say anything?
FTR from lurking on this site for more than a year, I've come to know that the people that want to complicate knowing their score as much as you do usually end up doing great. I'm sure you didn't pick that username for no reason.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

OP, how are you not going to see your score? It's on the LSAC page with your Item Response Report. You can't get to that without seeing your score...

Edit: Plus, if you get to the IRR, then the Conversion Chart is right there.
Last edited by Dany on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 pm

eskimo wrote:OP, how are you not going to see your score? It's on the LSAC page with your Item Response Report. You can't get to that without seeing your score...
Yeah he can, he can cover the area where his score would be with his hand or a piece of paper, that way he'll add to the excitement :lol:

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:29 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
eskimo wrote:OP, how are you not going to see your score? It's on the LSAC page with your Item Response Report. You can't get to that without seeing your score...
Yeah he can, he can cover the area where his score would be with his hand or a piece of paper, that way he'll add to the excitement :lol:
Well, if he does, then there's no need to find a thread with the scale, since the conversion chart is RIGHT THERE on the same page.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:34 pm

eskimo wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:
Well, if he does, then there's no need to find a thread with the scale, since the conversion chart is RIGHT THERE on the same page.
Who knows, maybe he doesn't even wanna log into his LSAC account without first looking at the curve.

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:46 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:
Who knows, maybe he doesn't even wanna log into his LSAC account without first looking at the curve.
I've never taken it before, so i'm not sure about all of the logistics. You say that when you log into LSAC, merely by CLICKING on the "LSAT" section it'll have your score just staring at you and the conversion chart? I mean, you CAN view the scoring breakdown by section, right?

So, if I log into lsac and I browse over LSAT and click "LSAT status," it'll show me my score RIGHT THERE? I don't have to click the item response report or anything? I realize now that there is a conversion chart, but is that ONLY a conversion chart, or does it happen to, say, have your raw score circled or boxed on there as well?

Regardless, I just want to know if I can log into LSAC and check my answer sheet by section WITHOUT seeing my overall score yet

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
I've never taken it before, so i'm not sure about all of the logistics. You say that when you log into LSAC, merely by CLICKING on the "LSAT" section it'll have your score just staring at you and the conversion chart? I mean, you CAN view the scoring breakdown by section, right?

So, if I log into lsac and I browse over LSAT and click "LSAT status," it'll show me my score RIGHT THERE? I don't have to click the item response report or anything? I realize now that there is a conversion chart, but is that ONLY a conversion chart, or does it happen to, say, have your raw score circled or boxed on there as well?

Regardless, I just want to know if I can log into LSAC and check my answer sheet by section WITHOUT seeing my overall score yet
You log in and then log into the LSAT Status tab, there you'll see your administration date, test center, score and percentile.
In a lower table you'll see the PDF files for each section including the conversion table. The curve is found in the conversion table, that is why it seemed kinda odd that you would want TLS to give you the curve.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:52 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:

Just go look at it right now... It'll look exactly the same when scores are out, except the score/percentile boxes will be filled and you will be able to click on the PDFs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:57 pm

The page looks like this:

So if you get to your IRR without seeing your score, like I said, the conversion chart is RIGHT THERE.

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

oh, awesome. thanks for the help, fellas -- i appreciate it.

Alright, so now I know a few things.

New strategy: I'll probably see TLS on Thurs or Fri before I even know I have an email from LSAC, but after I know the curve (yes, I realize I can see it on the conversion chart, but I'll probably find out FROM here that scores are up, so I'll see the curve anyway), then I'll log into LSAC, click LSAT status, cover 3/4 of the webpage with a piece of paper so that I can only see the "answer sheet" stuff in that row, I'll click the answer sheet, go through the sections, and see how I did

Well, I guess this WAS far more complicated than it had to be, but I maintain that it will STILL amuse me for a few minutes, and at the end of the day, that's all that comes, eh?

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 pm

This thread is awesome. It makes me laugh, but I also now kind of want to do it.

That being said I don't think I could make it going through the scoring and everything. I would just jump right to the score.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:06 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:oh, awesome. thanks for the help, fellas -- i appreciate it.

Alright, so now I know a few things.

New strategy: I'll probably see TLS on Thurs or Fri before I even know I have an email from LSAC, but after I know the curve (yes, I realize I can see it on the conversion chart, but I'll probably find out FROM here that scores are up, so I'll see the curve anyway), then I'll log into LSAC, click LSAT status, cover 3/4 of the webpage with a piece of paper so that I can only see the "answer sheet" stuff in that row, I'll click the answer sheet, go through the sections, and see how I did

Well, I guess this WAS far more complicated than it had to be, but I maintain that it will STILL amuse me for a few minutes, and at the end of the day, that's all that comes, eh?
hahahaha
you'll actually do the covering thing?
xD
Yeah man, just do whatever makes you happy :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”