Bubbling in Answers

polyester

Bubbling in Answers

Postby polyester » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:03 pm

When I'm taking the PTs, I've been putting a slash through the bubbles assuming that I'd be able to finish bubbling them in when time is up and I can no longer look at the questions. Is this the case?

WestOfTheRest

Re: Bubbling in Answers

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:07 pm

polyester wrote:When I'm taking the PTs, I've been putting a slash through the bubbles assuming that I'd be able to finish bubbling them in when time is up and I can no longer look at the questions. Is this the case?

Nope. Not even close. Start filling the bubbles in as you go. At the end of each page or at the end of every two pages.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:15 pm

When you take the LSAT, the rules they read are very explicit about this. There is absolutely no bubbling once time is called, and you can't touch the bubbles from a section outside of the time designated for that section. They even specifically say that you can't so much as work on darkening bubbles outside of those bubbles' sections' alloted time. So, when taking PTs you should hold yourself very strictly to these conditions and understand at 35 minutes and 1 second your answers are set in stone.

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:21 pm

incorporating bubbling into your prep is crucial

mst

Postby mst » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:07 am

MANY, many students are permanently scarred from law school admission for post bubbling or bubbling different sections outside of the time of that specific section. Yeah, you might get away with it if it's a bubble or two and your VERY careful, but it's not worth it in any case, especially in those where you're doing every bubble.

Start bubbling throughout the test, because believe it or not this will add 30 sec to a minute per section. This can mean you lose like 4 minutes on the test, which can mean 4 questions, which can mean 4 points to your score. So your 172 could be a 168 in real life if you don't practice properly!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”