oct test? GMAT+LSAT combo?

mz253

oct test? GMAT+LSAT combo?

Postby mz253 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm

well, still waiting on my june score. have a gap year ahead anyways.

didn't do particularly well, didn't do particularly bad, but definitely screwed the last game. signed up for the test now and start studying for it?

just saw GMAT sample questions the other day. think i should be dumb if i don't take the GMAT. the math is a treat for me and the verbal is similar to LSAT but way easier and got much much much much much more time.

anyone wants to do the GMAT+LSAT combination like me?

WestOfTheRest

Re: oct test? GMAT+LSAT combo?

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:32 pm

mz253 wrote:well, still waiting on my june score. have a gap year ahead anyways.

didn't do particularly well, didn't do particularly bad, but definitely screwed the last game. signed up for the test now and start studying for it?

just saw GMAT sample questions the other day. think i should be dumb if i don't take the GMAT. the math is a treat for me and the verbal is similar to LSAT but way easier and got much much much much much more time.

anyone wants to do the GMAT+LSAT combination like me?

Do you have work experience equal to three years or greater?

mz253

Postby mz253 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:40 pm

no. i'm not that interested in MBA either. but doesn't hurt to take the exam. plus, so many people go to bschool without experiences. it's easier to go to bschool now than it used to be.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Many business schools are not requiring significant work experience anymore, including some very selective ones, so that's less of an issue than it used to be.

I've taken both. The GMAT is a fun test. Not as fun as the LSAT, but fun.

EzraStiles

Postby EzraStiles » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:49 pm

It's not easier to go to a good b-school than it used to be, however, and even more than Law School you must go to a good business school for the cost of attendance to be overcome in the long run. If you want to take it, by all means, go ahead, because the GMAT's a pretty damn easy test; I just wouldn't expect to get into that great of a school without any substantial work experience.

mz253

Postby mz253 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

you went to yale and lived in ezra stiles?

EzraStiles

Postby EzraStiles » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 pm

What the hell? I'm not going to answer that, obviously. Have you been practicing for the GMAT yet, and in what proximity to the LSAT do you intend to take it? I took the LSAT and GRE within a week of each other, and it was an unnecessary amount of stress, if a somewhat helpful way to pass the three weeks before I got my LSAT back.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:09 pm

I don't really see how this is the case as no top business schools have anyone with less than2 years and very few with less than 3

mz253

Postby mz253 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 pm

EzraStiles wrote:What the hell? I'm not going to answer that, obviously. Have you been practicing for the GMAT yet, and in what proximity to the LSAT do you intend to take it? I took the LSAT and GRE within a week of each other, and it was an unnecessary amount of stress, if a somewhat helpful way to pass the three weeks before I got my LSAT back.

i think that the GRE and the LSAT are completely different. All I did for the GRE is to memorize words, so even though I did not prepare for the reading that much, I ended up with 700 verbal. but the story for the LSAT is completely different. To me, it's all about reading reading and reading FAST. 

I guess one thing I don't like about the computer exam is that they don't allow me to mark anything. i hate that.

btw, if you haven't taken the GMAT, please do. you will find it extremely easy since you've done both the GRE and the LSAT.

mz253

Postby mz253 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:24 pm

CastleRock wrote:I don't really see how this is the case as no top business schools have anyone with less than2 years and very few with less than 3

both harvard and yale have programs to take undergrads right after college. harvard has 2+2. yale has a 3 year program. i don't know how they can gauge people's potential before they start working. and i think harvard's 2 years before the MBA is just a trick. will they really cancel your MBA admissions offer even if you don't do that well in these two years? i guess i'm getting bitter here, but i feel they are just using MBA programs as a money making machine now. not just for harvard, for many schools. hope it doesn't offend people here.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:52 pm

mz253 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:I don't really see how this is the case as no top business schools have anyone with less than2 years and very few with less than 3

both harvard and yale have programs to take undergrads right after college. harvard has 2+2. yale has a 3 year program. i don't know how they can gauge people's potential before they start working. and i think harvard's 2 years before the MBA is just a trick. will they really cancel your MBA admissions offer even if you don't do that well in these two years? i guess i'm getting bitter here, but i feel they are just using MBA programs as a money making machine now. not just for harvard, for many schools. hope it doesn't offend people here.

How is the 2+2 straight out of college anyways? You still have to do 2 years of work experience This option is likely not available to the majority of people on this site because it has to be done in your junior year. And the stats all say they don't accept people without at least two years of experience. As for Yale, I have no idea, I've never looked into it.

mz253

Postby mz253 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:26 am

CastleRock wrote:
mz253 wrote:

How is the 2+2 straight out of college anyways? You still have to do 2 years of work experience This option is likely not available to the majority of people on this site because it has to be done in your junior year. And the stats all say they don't accept people without at least two years of experience. As for Yale, I have no idea, I've never looked into it.

lots of people here are still in college.. sadly i'm not one of them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”