Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby GoBroncos22! » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:09 pm

First of all, this post is just about me ranting and raving and has no significance whatsoever. The wait for decembers test was easy-I practically forgot I took the lsat until I saw the email with my score in it. It was a few points higher than expected---158 (yes I know, that score to 90% of the people on these boards would bring them to suicide) It just motivated me to try harder the 2nd time through and now after the June test I am absolutely in pain waiting for my score and as long as the first two numbers of my score are 16...Then I will be a happy man. Well, sorry for wasting your time reading this.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby miamiman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:10 pm

go broncos!

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 pm

For me it is because I was not on TLS the first time.

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby GoBroncos22! » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Yes, I think being on TLS has something to do with it. AHHHHH!!!

User avatar
dominkay
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby dominkay » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Probably because now you know better and tried harder.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:40 pm

It's actually a lot easier on me this time around.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:26 pm

dominkay wrote:Probably because now you know better and tried harder.


Which for me happens to be because of TLS.

User avatar
Riverwide
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Riverwide » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:09 pm

I just about had a heart attack three seconds ago when I got an e-mail from LSAC. They were just telling me my SSN was updated, since I didn't provide it upon registration. They really should title e-mails like that, "This is NOT you score."

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Eruannon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Riverwide wrote:I just about had a heart attack three seconds ago when I got an e-mail from LSAC. They were just telling me my SSN was updated, since I didn't provide it upon registration. They really should title e-mails like that, "This is NOT you score."


At least you know they got your answer sheet!

User avatar
Riverwide
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Riverwide » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Eruannon wrote:
Riverwide wrote:I just about had a heart attack three seconds ago when I got an e-mail from LSAC. They were just telling me my SSN was updated, since I didn't provide it upon registration. They really should title e-mails like that, "This is NOT you score."


At least you know they got your answer sheet!


Oops, forgot to say this is the second time they've sent me this e-mail. The first being about a week ago.

User avatar
vespertiliovir
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby vespertiliovir » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:17 pm

because you're worried you effed up and you'll be stuck with a 158.

User avatar
mpj_3050
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby mpj_3050 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Much worse this time. Got a 160 in September taking a bunch of the old tests which is definitely not going to give you reflective average to base your score off of. Took all the tests and a bunch of new ones I have never seen and I averaged a 170. This is bad, I feel I could have been between a 162-168 which is so nerve racking.

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Eruannon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:Much worse this time. Got a 160 in September taking a bunch of the old tests which is definitely not going to give you reflective average to base your score off of. Took all the tests and a bunch of new ones I have never seen and I averaged a 170. This is bad, I feel I could have been between a 162-168 which is so nerve racking.


Are you good under pressure?

User avatar
mpj_3050
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby mpj_3050 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Last time I think I just hurried through the test and I made a ton of bad mistakes, especially on reading comprehension. I retook the Sept. 2009 test after never looking at it after test day and got a 171 and a 173 on the December one. I was as realistic as possible with my prep test conditions and maybe I did do quite well and am just nervous like everyone else. It really is stupid to think that you can't pull off the score that you average of the PT's if they are taken under realistic conditions.

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Eruannon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:04 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:Last time I think I just hurried through the test and I made a ton of bad mistakes, especially on reading comprehension. I retook the Sept. 2009 test after never looking at it after test day and got a 171 and a 173 on the December one. I was as realistic as possible with my prep test conditions and maybe I did do quite well and am just nervous like everyone else. It really is stupid to think that you can't pull off the score that you average of the PT's if they are taken under realistic conditions.


If you are a pretty good test taker you shouldn't be too worried. You did all you could to prepare and unless you have a major pressure problem the adrenaline probably gave you some clarity. Don't kill yourself, you probably did great. (This is coming from the guy who was religiously checking his email last year :lol: )

User avatar
mpj_3050
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby mpj_3050 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Eruannon wrote:
mpj_3050 wrote:Last time I think I just hurried through the test and I made a ton of bad mistakes, especially on reading comprehension. I retook the Sept. 2009 test after never looking at it after test day and got a 171 and a 173 on the December one. I was as realistic as possible with my prep test conditions and maybe I did do quite well and am just nervous like everyone else. It really is stupid to think that you can't pull off the score that you average of the PT's if they are taken under realistic conditions.


If you are a pretty good test taker you shouldn't be too worried. You did all you could to prepare and unless you have a major pressure problem the adrenaline probably gave you some clarity. Don't kill yourself, you probably did great. (This is coming from the guy who was religiously checking his email last year :lol: )


I would never kill myself over the LSAT. But in the past 3 weeks I have had an interview with Kroger, Staples, and Kmart because I really need any job that comes around and each time I was told that they selected another candidate (1 out of 10 kind of crap). The Kroger lady said they were looking for someone with 6 months experience stocking shelves! It took me a couple of showers to clean the failure off after that one.

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Eruannon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:18 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:
Eruannon wrote:
mpj_3050 wrote:Last time I think I just hurried through the test and I made a ton of bad mistakes, especially on reading comprehension. I retook the Sept. 2009 test after never looking at it after test day and got a 171 and a 173 on the December one. I was as realistic as possible with my prep test conditions and maybe I did do quite well and am just nervous like everyone else. It really is stupid to think that you can't pull off the score that you average of the PT's if they are taken under realistic conditions.


If you are a pretty good test taker you shouldn't be too worried. You did all you could to prepare and unless you have a major pressure problem the adrenaline probably gave you some clarity. Don't kill yourself, you probably did great. (This is coming from the guy who was religiously checking his email last year :lol: )


I would never kill myself over the LSAT. But in the past 3 weeks I have had an interview with Kroger, Staples, and Kmart because I really need any job that comes around and each time I was told that they selected another candidate (1 out of 10 kind of crap). The Kroger lady said they were looking for someone with 6 months experience stocking shelves! It took me a couple of showers to clean the failure off after that one.


I meant it in a, don't develop an ulcer kind of "kill yourself". I know how that feels, I got rejected at Target a couple years ago, for a night/early morning stocking job no less.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby thecilent » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:22 pm

GoBroncos22! wrote:First of all, this post is just about me ranting and raving and has no significance whatsoever. The wait for decembers test was easy-I practically forgot I took the lsat until I saw the email with my score in it. It was a few points higher than expected---158 (yes I know, that score to 90% of the people on these boards would bring them to suicide) It just motivated me to try harder the 2nd time through and now after the June test I am absolutely in pain waiting for my score and as long as the first two numbers of my score are 16...Then I will be a happy man. Well, sorry for wasting your time reading this.


Probably because you had a lot of holiday stuff going on...

User avatar
Nikrall
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Nikrall » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:
Eruannon wrote:
mpj_3050 wrote:Last time I think I just hurried through the test and I made a ton of bad mistakes, especially on reading comprehension. I retook the Sept. 2009 test after never looking at it after test day and got a 171 and a 173 on the December one. I was as realistic as possible with my prep test conditions and maybe I did do quite well and am just nervous like everyone else. It really is stupid to think that you can't pull off the score that you average of the PT's if they are taken under realistic conditions.


If you are a pretty good test taker you shouldn't be too worried. You did all you could to prepare and unless you have a major pressure problem the adrenaline probably gave you some clarity. Don't kill yourself, you probably did great. (This is coming from the guy who was religiously checking his email last year :lol: )


I would never kill myself over the LSAT. But in the past 3 weeks I have had an interview with Kroger, Staples, and Kmart because I really need any job that comes around and each time I was told that they selected another candidate (1 out of 10 kind of crap). The Kroger lady said they were looking for someone with 6 months experience stocking shelves! It took me a couple of showers to clean the failure off after that one.


People get rejected for being overqualified all the time.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby PlugInBaby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Nikrall wrote:
mpj_3050 wrote:
Eruannon wrote:
mpj_3050 wrote:Last time I think I just hurried through the test and I made a ton of bad mistakes, especially on reading comprehension. I retook the Sept. 2009 test after never looking at it after test day and got a 171 and a 173 on the December one. I was as realistic as possible with my prep test conditions and maybe I did do quite well and am just nervous like everyone else. It really is stupid to think that you can't pull off the score that you average of the PT's if they are taken under realistic conditions.


If you are a pretty good test taker you shouldn't be too worried. You did all you could to prepare and unless you have a major pressure problem the adrenaline probably gave you some clarity. Don't kill yourself, you probably did great. (This is coming from the guy who was religiously checking his email last year :lol: )


I would never kill myself over the LSAT. But in the past 3 weeks I have had an interview with Kroger, Staples, and Kmart because I really need any job that comes around and each time I was told that they selected another candidate (1 out of 10 kind of crap). The Kroger lady said they were looking for someone with 6 months experience stocking shelves! It took me a couple of showers to clean the failure off after that one.


People get rejected for being overqualified all the time.


It seems like many recent college graduates (especially those with a liberal arts degree) fall into an employment no man's land: overqualified for McDonald's and Target and not enough work experience for a good job. In addition the good jobs want people who want to stay for a while rather than head for law school in a year or two. This compounded with the economy makes job hunting ultra frustrating.

Anyway for me its much tougher this time around for many of the same reasons above (taking it more seriously this time and overall preparing much more). In addition I have less distractions this time around. Right after the test I went out of town for over a week to see some friends of mine. Now I am taking care of my injured mother and thus stuck in the house for the vast majority of my time. Fortunately she is doing better and I should have my social life back soon.

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Xnegd » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:56 pm

I had a nightmare last night that I got my score came in and I revived a 130. I freaked out and woke up frustrated in the middle of the night. Oy, this waiting thing sucks a lot more for me this time too. The reason why it's so much harder then last time is because I did so much worse then I had on any given practice test, and am worried and anxious about the curve.
Last edited by Xnegd on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby GoBroncos22! » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:42 pm

The first LSAT related dream I had last night has certainly NOT helped the waiting game. Not that it was bad, I recall reciving like a 175 (which there is an absolute 0% chance I got that, but still better than a 130) but it has just made me more antsy. I attribute it partly to me now being for certain that law school is what I want and not the wishy washy "mehh, well see what happens" attitude. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby Hey-O » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

For me it is because this time a lot more is riding on this test. The last time I took it was basically cold. I studied but not a ton and just didn't stress about it. I was basically resting on my laurels. This time, though, I busted my hump and if I don't do well I'll be terribly disappointed in myself. Also, because this is my third time sitting for the test I won't get another chance.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby shoop » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am

I've only taken it once, but I'd imagine the wait is more agonizing for repeat takers because they know the stakes are higher and they're running out of options and second chances.

itseightfortyfive
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Why is this wait so much harder than the first time around

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Xnegd wrote:I had a nightmare last night that I got my score came in and I revived a 130. I freaked out and woke up frustrated in the middle of the night. Oy, this waiting thing sucks a lot more for me this time too. The reason why it's so much harder then last time is because I did so much worse then I had on any given practice test, and am worried and anxious about the curve.



I dreamed i got a 112.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Dondraper88, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests