Northern Virginia Community College-Springfield test center

mollayo

Northern Virginia Community College-Springfield test center

Postby mollayo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm trying to take Dec test. Has anybody ever taken the LSAT at NVCC Springfield?
I checked Kaplan test center review but there was none.

Would it be better to go to Georgetown or American?

Thank you!

BizOwner

Re: Northern Virginia Community College-Springfield test center

Postby BizOwner » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I took the June 2010 LSAT at NVCC in Fairfax.

The conditions were fine.

3|ink

Re: Northern Virginia Community College-Springfield test center

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:14 pm

mollayo wrote:I'm trying to take Dec test. Has anybody ever taken the LSAT at NVCC Springfield?
I checked Kaplan test center review but there was none.

Would it be better to go to Georgetown or American?

Thank you!

I took the June 2010 test there.

It depends where you live. If you live near the southern rim of the beltway, its definitely the best place. I thought that the test would be at the main campus off of little river turnpike. However, as you seem to know, the test is actually at the medical education center down 95. I was worried when I learned I'd have to drive down 95 to get there, but its not that bad of a drive. You're on 95 for less than a quarter of a mile before your exit comes up.

Regarding the testing conditions, they could have been worse. It isn't your typical classroom setting. They split us into two lecture halls. However, I had plenty of space for the test.

My only complaint would be with the proctors. They kept using the word 'prohibited' instead of 'permitted'. The main proctor said 'the use of cell phones is not prohibited'. I think everyone knew what she meant, but I was half worried that someone would use a cell phone during the test and cause a distraction. That never panned out.

Parking was free. They have a big ass parking garage around the back. However, I was told that parking was only free if you left after 5. If you left before then, you had to pay. Thus, if you're taking morning test, as opposed to the afternoon when I took it, that may be a problem.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”