How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:29 pm

So was your score at, bellow, or above your avg?

Avg score range:
Actual LSAT

I am just curious 8)

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby CmonSD » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:36 pm

I scored 1 pt less than my highest PT. Re-taking though.

cavebat2000
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby cavebat2000 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:45 pm

First time taking LSAT was minus 5-10 points.

Second time was plus 3-5 points.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm

cavebat2000 wrote:First time taking LSAT was minus 5-10 points.

Second time was plus 3-5 points.


hmm thats odd I heard that people usually get +/- their avg. by 1-2 points

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm

balzern wrote:
cavebat2000 wrote:First time taking LSAT was minus 5-10 points.

Second time was plus 3-5 points.


hmm thats odd I heard that people usually get +/- their avg. by 1-2 points

Nope, it's quite common to see a 5 point difference in the negative direction.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:57 pm

I guess I am just asking if MOST people saw a huge differnce or was it pretty consistant...

younkink
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby younkink » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:04 pm

-5 from my PT average. Hoping for a better turnout this time!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:06 pm

balzern wrote:I guess I am just asking if MOST people saw a huge differnce or was it pretty consistant...

I would say most people see a statistically significant difference. Especially on your first attempt.

User avatar
Canarsie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby Canarsie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 pm

CastleRock wrote:
balzern wrote:I guess I am just asking if MOST people saw a huge differnce or was it pretty consistant...

I would say most people see a statistically significant difference. Especially on your first attempt.


This being so, would you say you recommend most people take a second LSAT? I am planning on taking one and exactly one, barring any kind of freak illness, etc.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:14 pm

I got about +2 from my recent PT average, around +3 from my overall average (this was the Feb test).

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:14 pm

ashnicole wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
balzern wrote:I guess I am just asking if MOST people saw a huge differnce or was it pretty consistant...

I would say most people see a statistically significant difference. Especially on your first attempt.


This being so, would you say you recommend most people take a second LSAT? I am planning on taking one and exactly one, barring any kind of freak illness, etc.

No, take one. If you only have to take once take once. Just prep enough.

User avatar
bigchris1313
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby bigchris1313 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 pm

First time: -3

Second time (ceased taking proper practice tests after 1st LSAT but continued to grind): +3

User avatar
jcd178
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby jcd178 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:19 pm

CastleRock wrote:
balzern wrote:
cavebat2000 wrote:First time taking LSAT was minus 5-10 points.

Second time was plus 3-5 points.


hmm thats odd I heard that people usually get +/- their avg. by 1-2 points

Nope, it's quite common to see a 5 point difference in the negative direction.


If only mine was common.. -10 in negative direction.

/killself

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:38 pm

bump.

User avatar
theZeigs
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby theZeigs » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:44 pm

See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=101217&view=viewpoll

There are other similar polls, I think one is done every cycle.

CastleRock wrote:
balzern wrote:
cavebat2000 wrote:First time taking LSAT was minus 5-10 points.

Second time was plus 3-5 points.


hmm thats odd I heard that people usually get +/- their avg. by 1-2 points

Nope, it's quite common to see a 5 point difference in the negative direction.


Unfortunately, this is credited, even with a relatively small sample size. I hope I'm not one of these people.

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby glucose101 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:45 pm

I think the OP is saying: how different was your PT avg from your actual score

PT avg=167-168
actual=170

+2/3

(I just added this post bc it seems as if a lot of members are turning the question into something else)

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:46 pm

glucose101 wrote:I think the OP is saying: how different was your PT avg from your actual score

PT avg=167-168
actual=170

+2/3


This.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby slider » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:47 pm

My actual score was 3-5 points below my average. It was annoying but I didn't feel it justified a retake.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Avg score range: Full range 171-180, avg score 174-175
Actual LSAT:178
Got lucky on test day.

pekkle
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:30 am

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby pekkle » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Avg: 169 with a high of 173
Real: 168

:(

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 pm

pekkle wrote:Avg: 169 with a high of 173
Real: 168

:(


still that is reasonable! one bellow your avg isn't bad!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:53 pm

balzern wrote:
glucose101 wrote:I think the OP is saying: how different was your PT avg from your actual score

PT avg=167-168
actual=170

+2/3


This.

We know what you are asking, we're not retarded.

I'm a -5 from pt.

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby Moxie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:56 pm

PT at 171-174
Got a 168

1991
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Re: How Did You Score On Your LSAT Compared With Avg. PTs

Postby 1991 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 pm

glucose101 wrote:I think the OP is saying: how different was your PT avg from your actual score

PT avg=167-168
actual=170

+2/3

(I just added this post bc it seems as if a lot of members are turning the question into something else)


I wan this more than anything in the world. That's the average I had, including the score I had a month before test (a 163). I got so much better throughout.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, cherrygalore and 7 guests