LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

ahs2123
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am

LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby ahs2123 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:13 pm

I've seen and heard a lot of people complain about the fourth game. I'm wondering if anyone feels that they aced it? Personally, I worked a little too slowly on the other games and only had about five minutes for the last game. Anyone think the last game will affect the curve?

judgement_face
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby judgement_face » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Pretty sure i did well, but I was pressed for time more than i would have liked and it was tricky even if you read the question properly.

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby mandaleni23 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:53 pm

I think I did fairly well on the last game. I didn't encounter any ambiguity with the term in question, and I realized the key inference almost immediately. I started to doubt myself when I read a few threads, but I feel confident that I didn't completely screw it up. Although I will admit that the fourth game was certainly more challanging than the other three games.

I realize that I could just have a false sense of confidence. Who knows, I might have totally bombed the whole section! (Hopefully not...) Anyway, if I really did as well as I think I did on LG I can't imagine that the last game will have much of an affect on the curve. We'll just have to wait and see...

ahs2123
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby ahs2123 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Right, I realize that we are talking a one or two point difference max. Thanks for the input!
!

kimberynichol
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby kimberynichol » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:11 pm

I too misunderstood the last Logic Game. I didn't realize it until after the 5 min time was called and I was on the 3rd from the last problem. This is really disappointing because I generally do quite well on all types of LG and I'm now pretty sure that I've gotten all of the last questions wrong :cry:

User avatar
alex_cryp
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby alex_cryp » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:02 pm

At least you guys remember the game. I had a five minute warning going into it and was able to answer a couple of questions before guessing on the rest, but I seriously don't remember what everyone is talking about as far as the ambiguous rule. I felt confident in the couple answers that I was able to bubble in, but I don't really remember the game at all b/c I was so rushed.

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby sundance95 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Image

But, if you insist, there's already a thread for this. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=119861

User avatar
blackwater88
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby blackwater88 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm pretty sure I aced it, it was a very restricted game which took me about 5 minutes to do.

User avatar
cinefile 17
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby cinefile 17 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 pm

I didn't want to post this on any of the other threads b.c. I didn't want to be a douche......but since you asked

I honestly did not find the June 2010 Logic Game section hard at all. I don't understand the complaints.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:46 pm

I guessed on all 6 questions. I don't know why. I just froze. I couldn't think. I've beaten much harder games in practice test conditions.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:46 pm

3|ink wrote:I guessed on all 6 questions. I don't know why. I just froze. I couldn't think. I've beaten much harder games in practice test conditions.

Did you cancel?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 pm

CastleRock wrote:
3|ink wrote:I guessed on all 6 questions. I don't know why. I just froze. I couldn't think. I've beaten much harder games in practice test conditions.

Did you cancel?


Shit no. I felt like shit, but I refused to cancel. I'd rather eat a bad score. Besides, the other sections were fairly forgiving, and I know I nailed the other three games. I think I stand a decent chance of scoring within the upper 160's. I had scored a 169-170 consistently during the month before the exam, each time getting -1 to -2 on games (each time a token mistake of bad handwriting or bubbling the wrong answer).

Chances are I got at least 1 right out of those guesses. -5 is a pain to eat, but I honestly don't need higher than a 166 to get where I want to go. I just have to pray that I scored exceptionally well on reading comprehension and logical reasoning. I felt good about those sections, but I've felt better.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:06 am

3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
3|ink wrote:I guessed on all 6 questions. I don't know why. I just froze. I couldn't think. I've beaten much harder games in practice test conditions.

Did you cancel?


Shit no. I felt like shit, but I refused to cancel. I'd rather eat a bad score. Besides, the other sections were fairly forgiving, and I know I nailed the other three games. I think I stand a decent chance of scoring within the upper 160's. I had scored a 169-170 consistently during the month before the exam, each time getting -1 to -2 on games (each time a token mistake of bad handwriting or bubbling the wrong answer).

Chances are I got at least 1 right out of those guesses. -5 is a pain to eat, but I honestly don't need higher than a 166 to get where I want to go. I just have to pray that I scored exceptionally well on reading comprehension and logical reasoning. I felt good about those sections, but I've felt better.

Pray for a forgiving curve.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby Ragged » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:13 am

The game was tough. I feel that I missed 6/6 also.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 am

CastleRock wrote:Pray for a forgiving curve.


How'd you do on that game?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:34 am

3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Pray for a forgiving curve.


How'd you do on that game?

I had trouble at first but I had a bunch of time for it and eventually the key assumption came. I may have got one wrong but doubt it.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:50 am

CastleRock wrote:
3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Pray for a forgiving curve.


How'd you do on that game?

I had trouble at first but I had a bunch of time for it and eventually the key assumption came. I may have got one wrong but doubt it.


I had my fifteen minute break after games. I was kicking myself on the way to the bathroom. I guess I was expecting something easier, and when it wasn't I stopped thinking objectively and panicked. The way I figure it, there was no way I could have prepared for that game. It isn't a matter of what I know. It's just me. If that's going to affect in my law school, I suppose it's only right that the test catch it.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:55 am

3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Pray for a forgiving curve.


How'd you do on that game?

I had trouble at first but I had a bunch of time for it and eventually the key assumption came. I may have got one wrong but doubt it.


I had my fifteen minute break after games. I was kicking myself on the way to the bathroom. I guess I was expecting something easier, and when it wasn't I stopped thinking objectively and panicked. The way I figure it, there was no way I could have prepared for that game. It isn't a matter of what I know. It's just me. If that's going to affect in my law school, I suppose it's only right that the test catch it.

Lol, I think your taking the test to seriously. It's not a perfect measure of someone's abilities. If it hurt you too much just retake in October. No probs.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: LG #4 June 2010 LSAT

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:58 am

CastleRock wrote:Lol, I think your taking the test to seriously. It's not a perfect measure of someone's abilities. If it hurt you too much just retake in October. No probs.


This was my retake :(




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hopeful5, jonny27 and 11 guests