LG Advice... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mrodriguez1440

New

LG Advice...

Post by mrodriguez1440 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi,

I took the June 2010 exam, and found myself really bogged down by the first LG (I'm sure everyone remembers it).

All the if/then statements really messed me up.

Also, here is another example that although a linear game, gave me a lot of difficulty

http://www.atlaslsat.com/logic-games-practice.cfm

I have LGB, and I followed pitypike's format. Does anyone have anymore advice? I just always seemed to get tripped up by if/then in a linear game, especially with questions like if F is on 6th, which one must be true? Or questions like, which one, if true, would allow you to completely determine the order?

I find myself spending way too much time on these, and it really hurt me on the June 2010 LSAT. I am planning on retaking in October, and would love any tips to improve.

Thanks!

ps. I just purchased the ATLAS guide to LG's, maybe that will help.

pps. I did all 59 LG's before the June 2010 LSAT, and redid most games 2 or 3 times. (just don't want anyone to think that I'm lazy).

bestusernameever

New

Re: LG Advice...

Post by bestusernameever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Even though I heard that the games on the June 2010 were exceptionally more difficult, what makes you think that you can improve that much more (especially if you have done every game in existence three or four times). Perhaps you should settle for a lower tier school or just hope for some easy games in the Fall. If you have not gotten it yet, you probably wont get it (even though games is the easiest section to improve on).

But, if you are that insistent on improving (though statistically, its VERY RARE for people to improve that much) perhaps considering purchasing Kaplan 180. I used it to prepare for my LSAT, and even though the questions were not official LSAT questions, they provided very difficult questions to practice off of

Good luck

lawschooloneday

New

Post by lawschooloneday » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 pm

I screwed up LG too. I did every LG practice question too. I am not sure how I am really going to prepare, because I typically get -0 to -3 on all my practice exams. I am even at a shittier place because I have a bad score (158) and now two cancels on record. I think I am going to retake in the Fall and get a law school to send in a waiver. I am just going to do one or two practice games a day to keep my skills fresh in the summer and then start doing exams at the end of august/early September. Good luck to you.

June 2010 logic games had me feel like complete crap

mrodriguez1440

New

Post by mrodriguez1440 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks for feedback. I'll check out Kaplan 180. I must say, I felt a little demoralized after reading this, but I appreciate the honesty.
bestusernameever wrote:Even though I heard that the games on the June 2010 were exceptionally more difficult, what makes you think that you can improve that much more (especially if you have done every game in existence three or four times). Perhaps you should settle for a lower tier school or just hope for some easy games in the Fall. If you have not gotten it yet, you probably wont get it (even though games is the easiest section to improve on).

But, if you are that insistent on improving (though statistically, its VERY RARE for people to improve that much) perhaps considering purchasing Kaplan 180. I used it to prepare for my LSAT, and even though the questions were not official LSAT questions, they provided very difficult questions to practice off of

Good luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”