Advice--Powerscore vs. Blueprint

cardinals03

Advice--Powerscore vs. Blueprint

Postby cardinals03 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Getting ready to enroll---any advice on Powerscore Virtual vs. Blueprint the Movie. I really like the LG and LR bibles, but I have heard great things about Blueprint also. Can anyone with experience offer some insight? Thanks

mandaleni23

Re: Advice--Powerscore vs. Blueprint

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 am

I've never heard of Blueprint (but that doesn't mean that they're not any good), and I didn't take a Powerscore class. However, I did go through all of the Powerscore Bibles on my own. I think Powerscore has an awesome method for attacking the LSAT.

I just re-took the LSAT June 7 and the difference was dramatic. When I took it the first time, I used Princeton Review books. I ran out of time on every section (partially because I was sick, too) and I never really developed an effective strategy for any section. On my re-take, after using Powerscore, I finished every section with time to spare. I caught inferences in the LG that would have otherwise baffled me, had an effective notation system for RC, and was able to approach every LR question with confidence. On PTs I took before the actual test, I was consistently scoring 15 points or so higher than I did on my first exam.

Hopefully the test went as well as I thought it did. I guess we'll see for sure when they release the scores *fingers crossed*! In any case, I highly recommend Powerscore.

bookie

Re: Advice--Powerscore vs. Blueprint

Postby bookie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 pm

I've signed up for Blueprint The Movie and am going to buy the Bibles to study for the Oct. LSAT. So far so good :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”