How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am

What score would it take to make red flags go off for you?

Example: There's no way I could have scored 175. There must have been a mistake. They are surely going to catch the grading error and then negate my score, so I might as well fess up now and avoid the consquences that'd ensure if I was to apply to T-14, only to have my score wipped out.

All these "predict your score threads" made me think of this.

I feel good about my test score, but if I get too high, I'll get nervous and be like "I'm not that damn good..." :lol:

Thoughts?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 am

Ummm.... What?

They aren't going to make a mistake grading. Relax.

aPosseAdEsse
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 am

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

Even if they mistakenly scored you too high, isn't that on them?

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:Even if they mistakenly scored you too high, isn't that on them?


But if they find out there's an error, etc, it's not like it's gonna stick.

And trust me, I'm not worried about "scoring too high" :D , just considered this scenerio.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby dudders » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 am

How do you propose that LSAC will know that there's no way you could have scored a 175 and they must have graded your test wrong? All you are is a scantron and some $$ to them.

Plus you can check your score yourself ... you get to see your scantrons and an answer key when they release scores. If they really messed up either way you can report it and have your score corrected.

Take a chill pill or you're going to have a nervous breakdown in law school.

User avatar
truffleshuffle
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby truffleshuffle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 am

They have no idea who you are, or what your abilities are. They won't question a high scorer unless there is something fishy about it.

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

dudders wrote:How do you propose that LSAC will know that there's no way you could have scored a 175 and they must have graded your test wrong? All you are is a scantron and some $$ to them.

Plus you can check your score yourself ... you get to see your scantrons and an answer key when they release scores. If they really messed up either way you can report it and have your score corrected.

Take a chill pill or you're going to have a nervous breakdown in law school.


LOL, all of my friends who have went to law school and taken the bar tell me that A) the LSAT process is more stressful that school and B) the bar was easier for them than the LSAT. (SRS) :lol:

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby HBK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am

181

User avatar
cinefile 17
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby cinefile 17 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

This is stupid

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am

TOMaHULK wrote:LOL, all of my friends who have went to law school and taken the bar tell me that A) the LSAT process is more stressful that school and B) the bar was easier for them than the LSAT. (SRS) :lol:

Two possibilities here:

1:

Your friends lie. (Srs.)

2:

FLAME

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:09 am

vanwinkle wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:LOL, all of my friends who have went to law school and taken the bar tell me that A) the LSAT process is more stressful that school and B) the bar was easier for them than the LSAT. (SRS) :lol:

Two possibilities here:

1:

Your friends lie. (Srs.)

2:

FLAME


No flame.

And no, they aren't the type of people who lie.

The LSAT was an obstacle for each of them. They all tell me that they wish they wouldn't have stressed about it so much.

The said the bar was easier to them because they knew exactly what to study, and not just a pattern of test taking like the LSAT.

Call it what you will, but they all went to decent schools. SRS

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby thecilent » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:19 am

This thread would be okay if like you made it asking "How high would your score have to be to make you ridiculously happy" or something (even that would be dumb).

But the point is: when you see your score that is your score. There are not going to be changes lol

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Stupid thread is stupid.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 pm

To answer the original question, I think getting a 181 would set off some kind of red flag, but that's just a hunch.

anonymousquestion
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby anonymousquestion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:33 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:What score would it take to make red flags go off for you?

Example: There's no way I could have scored 175. There must have been a mistake. They are surely going to catch the grading error and then negate my score, so I might as well fess up now and avoid the consquences that'd ensure if I was to apply to T-14, only to have my score wipped out.

All these "predict your score threads" made me think of this.

I feel good about my test score, but if I get too high, I'll get nervous and be like "I'm not that damn good..." :lol:

Thoughts?


The LSAT is the most professionally administered graduate level exam in history. The day they make a mistake grading it is the day pigs fly. It is also remarkably consistent. If you were getting all 150s, your odds of a 175 are about 1 in a million. Conversely, if you were getting all 175s and got in the 150s, you were cheating on your prep tests.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby thecilent » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

vanwinkle wrote:To answer the original question, I think getting a 181 would set off some kind of red flag, but that's just a hunch.


haha TITCR

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

--ImageRemoved--

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

anonymousquestion wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:What score would it take to make red flags go off for you?

Example: There's no way I could have scored 175. There must have been a mistake. They are surely going to catch the grading error and then negate my score, so I might as well fess up now and avoid the consquences that'd ensure if I was to apply to T-14, only to have my score wipped out.

All these "predict your score threads" made me think of this.

I feel good about my test score, but if I get too high, I'll get nervous and be like "I'm not that damn good..." :lol:

Thoughts?


The LSAT is the most professionally administered graduate level exam in history. The day they make a mistake grading it is the day pigs fly. It is also remarkably consistent. If you were getting all 150s, your odds of a 175 are about 1 in a million. Conversely, if you were getting all 175s and got in the 150s, you were cheating on your prep tests.


This is BS. Lots of people PT in the 170s and get 150s. The real test takes some peoples nerves for a spin.

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby Hey-O » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 pm

If I got a 180 I would probably think there was a mistake in the test or that I was the luckiest person in the world.

I see what OP is saying. It isn't just about being ridiculously happy about getting a score, it's about scoring above your legitimate abilities. Even if there wasn't a scoring error wouldn't some people feel like they were living on a borrowed dime? Getting into schools they don't deserve.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby Knock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:59 am

Hey-O wrote:If I got a 180 I would probably think there was a mistake in the test or that I was the luckiest person in the world.

I see what OP is saying. It isn't just about being ridiculously happy about getting a score, it's about scoring above your legitimate abilities. Even if there wasn't a scoring error wouldn't some people feel like they were living on a borrowed dime? Getting into schools they don't deserve.


I think this falls into the category of things that aren't worth worrying about until it happens.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby calicocat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:17 am

HBK wrote:181

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:15 am

Hey-O wrote:If I got a 180 I would probably think there was a mistake in the test or that I was the luckiest person in the world.

I see what OP is saying. It isn't just about being ridiculously happy about getting a score, it's about scoring above your legitimate abilities. Even if there wasn't a scoring error wouldn't some people feel like they were living on a borrowed dime? Getting into schools they don't deserve.


For me I'd just always feel like they'd "fine out" and take it away from me and ship me to the Democratic Republic of Congo Law School to teach me morals. (No Democratic Republic of Congo Law School hate here) :lol:


Again, as many people above have said, I don't think I really have any think to worry about though. :oops: And this thread was made more as a "crazy things that cross our mind while waiting for our scores" more than anything else. People are taking it to srs. LOL :D


And regarding the above post, I agree. No reason to worry about it "until" it happens. It won't... (Sniffle-sniffle)

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 am

181 would do the trick.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: How high would your score have to be to set off red flags?

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 am

Even if a 175+ were caused by an error, it is quite likely that (a) no one would ever find out, and (b) even if the LSAC did find out, they would probably do nothing about it unless they discovered the error immediately after scores were released. The October 2005 SAT had scoring errors, and College Board only corrected the scores of people who should have scored higher - they recognized how much it would screw over college applicants to have their SAT score lowered after college applications were due. I suspect LSAC would take the same approach.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, Dcc617, Lahtso Nuggin, potatocowpower, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests