Kaplan Class Materials?

Kaplan Class Materials?

Postby Unshake » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:19 am

I've heard good things about the Kaplan Mastery book, what about the others? I'm beginning studying for the October LSAT and so far have:

Logic Games Bible, Logical Review Bible, and LSAT superprep.

I found somebody selling the Kaplan Mastery book but they'd prefer to sell it in a package along with "pacing practice, the lesson book, and endurance practice." I'm not too concerned by the price, rather that they are unnecessary or unhelpful study materials.

So for those of you that have used all or some of the Kaplan books, how do the others compare?

Re: Kaplan Class Materials?

Postby BizOwner » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 am

I have all of those Kaplan books. They provide a lot of material to study/practice with.

Pacing practice- has 15 RC, 27 LR, and 14 LG sections to practice timing methods.

Mastery Practice - has hundreds of the different types of questions categorized by type and difficulty.

Endurance practice has approx. 18 - 20 (5) sections practice tests

I have been studying for the LSAT for well over a year and have not run out of material by using these books as well as the available past tests.

Postby mst » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Yeah those 3 Kaplan books are awesome. Lesson books is kind of stupid but there's plenty of good tips throughout, and each lesson has 1 section as a quiz to begin it. You can't really do the lessons without the class though, so you'll just use that for tips and quizzes. The other 3 books are fantastic. Endurance book is missing a few of the most recent preptest (56+) for some reason, so you have to get those yourself. Good purchase if you can get the books w/o markings.

Postby kk19131 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:03 pm

The endurance practice is ok... but many of the tests are OLD, like from the 90s, and aren't as useful.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”