LR Prep

nonpareilpearl

LR Prep

Postby nonpareilpearl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:54 pm

After thoroughly going over some of my LR sections, it seems like I am always missing questions of certain "types" (for lack of a better word). I was looking at PS's LRB, mainly because I had success with the LGB, but I was wondering if there were any other books that you guys recommend (either in addition to or in place of)?

Thanks!

Sandro

Re: LR Prep

Postby Sandro » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Which types? Track each question missed. LR question types tend to repeat themselves in terms of what they try to test you on - figure out why you are missing these questions. The LR bible is a good guide and IMO self review is even better. I have yet to come across an LR guide that is a magic bullet... getting down to -0/-1 is all about your understanding of what each question is asking you.

nonpareilpearl

Postby nonpareilpearl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 am

I think the LR problem type that is frustrating me the most right now are the parallel reasoning questions. Mostly because I feel like those should be the *easiest* - especially if I can write them out (e.g. Q -> P. S. ~Q or something). I can usually knock off three of the answer choices fairly easily, and then I just stare at the last two trying to distinguish which is correct and why. Very frustrating.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

My advice: When I was prepping for September 09 I used to write out tons of stuff. I would read a stimulus for parallel for example and write out A-b C - -B etc etc etc....

this wastes a ton of time. I dont know what it was, probably EXTENSIVELY reviewing each LR section question by question and writing out the stimulus and pre phrases and why each answer choice is wrong or right, but all of a sudden these will start to become plainfully obvious. Make some prephrases using terms LSAC uses a lot. Re read the LR bible again. Make not of the scope of the stimulus - the right answer usually will stay in line with that scope. Once you see a ton of parallel questions you begin to see the basic structure and how wrong answers are worded...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”