4th RC Passage

3|ink

4th RC Passage

Postby 3|ink » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:42 am

Did anyone else find it easy? The third passage was a time killer. I was in the middle of reading the fourth passage when 5 minutes were called, so I panicked and speed-read the last paragraph. Regardless, I felt like I was able to answer the vast majority of the questions with confidence. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

blackwater88

Re: 4th RC Passage

Postby blackwater88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:05 am

3|ink wrote:Did anyone else find it easy? The third passage was a time killer. I was in the middle of reading the fourth passage when 5 minutes were called, so I panicked and speed-read the last paragraph. Regardless, I felt like I was able to answer the vast majority of the questions with confidence. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Still don't know what the fuck those fees mean :?
Although I think I must have missed at most 2 questions.

asoularisen

Postby asoularisen » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:06 am

Exact. Same. Experience.

Seriously, it was exactly that, I flipped shit at 5 minutes being called mid-reading of the 4th due to 3rd being a time killer, and then found the questions to be easy as hell to speed read/think out/answer.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:25 am

asoularisen wrote:Exact. Same. Experience.

Seriously, it was exactly that, I flipped shit at 5 minutes being called mid-reading of the 4th due to 3rd being a time killer, and then found the questions to be easy as hell to speed read/think out/answer.

Here's hoping our instincts were right.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

I think that they called 5 after I read the passage but on my second question. I thought I messed up, but most of the questions, if I remember, weren't very time consuming and didn't really demand that you find little things lost in the passage. I was pretty shocked when I finished up before time was called.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:06 pm

blackwater88 wrote:Still don't know what the fuck those fees mean :?
Although I think I must have missed at most 2 questions.

It means the lawyer doesn't get paid unless he/she wins the case.

CalBear1986

Postby CalBear1986 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:27 pm

I actually thought the third passage was a lot easier than the last one. Maybe it's just me since it seems most people struggled with it, but the third passage was pretty straightforward for all the potential problems and confusing nature that could exist in those "Art and Lit" passages.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 pm

CalBear1986 wrote:I actually thought the third passage was a lot easier than the last one. Maybe it's just me since it seems most people struggled with it, but the third passage was pretty straightforward for all the potential problems and confusing nature that could exist in those "Art and Lit" passages.

I can see where you're coming from. Art and Lit passages are usually the hardest. This one was comparably easier to other Art and Lit passages. However, I felt that the fourt passage was relatively easier to all other kinds of reading comprehension passages because the questions didn't require a deep read. The material was a little more complicated, but once you got around that, the questions were pretty straightforward.

Glad to hear you did well on the third passage. Here's hoping you did well on the fourth as well.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:55 pm

3|ink wrote:Did anyone else find it easy? The third passage was a time killer. I was in the middle of reading the fourth passage when 5 minutes were called, so I panicked and speed-read the last paragraph. Regardless, I felt like I was able to answer the vast majority of the questions with confidence. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

I had to guess on one of the questions on the fourth. In all though I thought RC was managable overall.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:01 pm

I felt that this RC was one of the easier ones I've done. Definitely alot easier than the late 40s and early 50s. But I'll have to wait and see how easy it really was.

a11 1n

Postby a11 1n » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:05 pm

The last passage was definitely the hardest of the 4 but overall I found the RC section very manageable.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 pm

a11 1n wrote:The last passage was definitely the hardest of the 4 but overall I found the RC section very manageable.

Can you qualify 'hardest'? Did you find the content difficult to absorb, or did the questions required a very close reading?

psteele99

Postby psteele99 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 pm

I found RC to be easier overall than other practice tests... I hope my instincts were right, too! I finished with a few minutes to spare, so hopefully I was doing well and not being over confident. We'll find out in less than two weeks!

asoularisen

Postby asoularisen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:19 pm

3|ink wrote:
asoularisen wrote:Exact. Same. Experience.

Here's hoping our instincts were right.

Yeah, because if my instincts were off on enough of the last passage, it'll kill my score overall.

a11 1n

Postby a11 1n » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 am

3|ink wrote:
a11 1n wrote:The last passage was definitely the hardest of the 4 but overall I found the RC section very manageable.

Can you qualify 'hardest'? Did you find the content difficult to absorb, or did the questions required a very close reading?

I think the topic was a little difficult to follow because of the way the argument was structured. I cannot even remember any details but I remember struggling to grasp some scope changes in the argument and had to backtrack and read some portions closely. The questions were not all too difficult, I remember getting hung up on 2 of them and not feeling as confident as I would have liked on one of the answers but I breezed through the other 5 or 6.

christinalsat

Postby christinalsat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 am

I had the same exact experience. I had to race through the last passage. I was also shocked when I got through all the questions, but definitely didn't have time to read through all the answers like I usually do. When I found the answer that seemed "right," I circled and moved on. I wouldn't be so worried if it weren't for the fact that I totally bombed the LG. The only reason I didn't cancel my score is because this happened to me on a PT before with reading comp and I ended up getting a perfect score on that section. Wishful thinking maybe.

Also, I didn't find the third passage hard -- the questions (particular toward the end, if I remember correctly) were just really time consuming.

hobbsey

Postby hobbsey » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

RC was causing me the most stress on test day since it is my best section and I rely on getting a good score on RC to get a good score on the overall test. I knew that the LSAC is tending toward making RC more and more difficult (the Dec 09 was especially challenging) AND it was my last section AND I knew it was going to have more than 25 questions. Still, I didn’t think it was too bad, maybe around average for the more recent tests. Hopefully I’m not going to be regretting that statement later! I’ll have to wait to see my score, because I was working as fast as I could (I finished with just enough time to return to one question), which leaves room for some comprehension errors.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”