Does this sound like a good plan?

Does this sound like a good plan?

Postby lee4 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:49 pm

i had to rough patches on the june lsat, but felt great about the remainder of the exam. i normally PT around 165-170, under normal test conditions. i know i guessed on 12 (the last reading comp and the intern game).

the lowest, if i performed even as well as usual, i may score is a 158ish.

i stand a solid chance of having a 162ish.

and i still have hope (if i did as well as i felt i did) of getting a 166.

here's my plan, keep my score, and plan on taking the October test. if i bombed the june test, 158ish, i don't think it would be to hard to justify a score increase by taking the oct exam. however, if i get a 162ish (more probable) that's a solid score to have, and should i get my 166 that would take all my pressure off the oct exam. that way i have a score to submit to schools, and if i take the Oct test and don't feel it i can cancel it and only use my june exam.

so in short, am i best taking this score and training for october, OR cancelling my score and putting pressure to perform on Oct?

Re: Does this sound like a good plan?

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm in a similiar situation...doing the former...
what if you want to cancel in october? this way you can explain if anything...

Re: Does this sound like a good plan?

Postby mst » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:42 pm

I say take the score. If you get a 158, oh well. You can always take the higher one, as the schools in the 160's tend to look at the higher LSAT anyways. And if things go wrong this fall, that kind of score will still get you into some decent schools with a good GPA.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”