Incident/Misconduct Report

benjaminx
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby benjaminx » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

So I took the test on Monday, and it seemed to go well for me, except for one detail. I wrote down the ending time for one of the sections before the section started and I got an official warning for "making an extra mark" on my paper. I explained to the proctor what I was doing, and she seemed very understanding, even making a note of it on the warning slip and confirming that she'd seen I actually was just writing down ending times.

My question is: what will LSAC do? Is there an actual chance that my score will get canceled because of something like this? Or will my score be delayed? I'm not too worried since I figure they can't possibly be that harsh, but can anyone who's experienced this kind of thing before let me know?

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:39 pm

What will likely happen is that a misconduct flag will be placed on your score report that schools receive. They will see that you got an official something, and possibly receive the proctor's description of it. How schools will respond to that, I don't know, since I'm not sure how the report appears exactly, but it's not likely to help you very much.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby miamiman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:40 pm

You might need to sit out a cycle. Research it.

benjaminx
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby benjaminx » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Would an appeal help at all? The times I wrote down are still on the answer sheet, and the proctor did write the extra note.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:11 pm

benjaminx wrote:Would an appeal help at all? The times I wrote down are still on the answer sheet, and the proctor did write the extra note.

1. No point in doing anything before you see the response from LSAC.
2. An appeal is premature if they haven't found you guilty of misconduct yet. If they do, definitely appeal because an LSAC reprimand is serious business.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby mst » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not trying to be a douche here, but what on earth made you think this would have been OK? Had you done it before? Did someone tell you to do it? Had you done it in PT's?

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby MrKappus » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 pm

^ It's not that egregious an error. I wouldn't have done it myself, but it's not like he tried to bubble in answers on a different section.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:23 pm

MrKappus wrote:^ It's not that egregious an error. I wouldn't have done it myself, but it's not like he tried to bubble in answers on a different section.


These are violations of an equally serious nature. Both are essentially bubbling on a section when you're not allowed to be bubbling on that section. Whether 5 seconds or 35 minutes had elapsed since that section became off-limits is irrelevant, and the benefits derived from both instances are the same.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
MrKappus wrote:^ It's not that egregious an error. I wouldn't have done it myself, but it's not like he tried to bubble in answers on a different section.


These are violations of an equally serious nature. Both are essentially bubbling on a section when you're not allowed to be bubbling on that section. Whether 5 seconds or 35 minutes had elapsed since that section became off-limits is irrelevant, and the benefits derived from both instances are the same.

benjaminx
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Incident/Misconduct Report

Postby benjaminx » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:26 am

mst wrote:Just out of curiosity, and I'm not trying to be a douche here, but what on earth made you think this would have been OK? Had you done it before? Did someone tell you to do it? Had you done it in PT's?


I honestly didn't even think about it. I knew I wasn't allowed to bubble between sections, but I didn't even realize that I wasn't allowed to write down times. I guess there's no use worrying about it now. I'll just see what LSAC does and deal with it then.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, clueless801, jagerbom79 and 17 guests