LG LR LG LR RC

blackwater88

LG LR LG LR RC

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Did anyone find the first LG (experimental) 1990s hard?
I just couldn't nail any of the games other than the linear ones. I usually do really well (nailed the real section) but the game about the cities and seasons seemed impossible. Anybody nail this section or had a similar experience to mine?

alphagamma

Re: LG LR LG LR RC

Postby alphagamma » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:25 pm

I can't remember any of the games specifically besides the one about the Marina, but I blew through the experimental LG section. I thought it was insanely easy. The real LG is the one I had problems with (sadly).

asoularisen

Postby asoularisen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:26 pm

I don't know, I'm very hit or miss on LG on all my pt's, and I absolutely nailed this one... Had enough to go back and check each game, and was 100% confident in a perfect score..

You can imagine how I nearly flipped when a section later I got another LG though...

Not sure if I'm just a linear kind of guy though, because to me LG is a big source of worry and the experimental section was a breeze...

blackwater88

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Interesting, hope someone comes in and explains the cities game. Had no idea how to attack that one.

J0EBL0W

Postby J0EBL0W » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:41 pm

The experimental gaming section was super easy. I finished it with at least 10 minutes left. Sadly I didn't have enough time for the gaming section that mattered. :(

CMDantes

Postby CMDantes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm pretty sure I got a -1 on the experimental, and got totally destroyed on the real thing.

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 pm

I thought the experimental was mad hard and the scored was super easy. Just my two cents.

blackwater88

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:31 pm

CryingMonkey wrote:I thought the experimental was mad hard and the scored was super easy. Just my two cents.

+10000000000

Glad I'm not the only one

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:33 pm

ye when i got done the first LG i thought i was dunzo... but then i saw the 2nd one and new at least i had a chance for that to be my real LG and I did well on it, had a pt with the same game as the mulch one just different wording, and that revived me for the rest of the test.. got lucky, i really bombed the first lg.. lol

blackwater88

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Actually that first section really brought my morale down for the first LR, I managed to do well on the LR section but was just thinking about how I would be destined to a TTT law school. Good thing the second LG section was really straightforward.

LSAT Taker

Postby LSAT Taker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:03 am

blackwater88 wrote:Did anyone find the first LG (experimental) 1990s hard?
I just couldn't nail any of the games other than the linear ones. I usually do really well (nailed the real section) but the game about the cities and seasons seemed impossible. Anybody nail this section or had a similar experience to mine?

You're not alone. The experimental LG totally threw me off. I really panicked. I am not 100% sure if I aced the real LG (I had to re-do the set-up for the intern game, hence felt rushed toward the end.), but did it definitely better than the first section. When hearing from other TLSers that the 1st LG was super easy, I really wonder what my problem was. Without remembering much about any of the four games, I still can't identify the source of the problem. Test anxiety, perhaps? To me, the first LG was the hardest ever. Doing 50+ PTs, I usually finished LGs within 25 minutes with -0 or -1. My experience with the first section really bothers me.

blackwater88

Postby blackwater88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 am

LSAT Taker wrote:
blackwater88 wrote:Did anyone find the first LG (experimental) 1990s hard?

You're not alone. The experimental LG totally threw me off. I really panicked. I am not 100% sure if I aced the real LG (I had to re-do the set-up for the intern game, hence felt rushed toward the end.), but did it definitely better than the first section. When hearing from other TLSers that the 1st LG was super easy, I really wonder what my problem was. Without remembering much about any of the four games, I still can't identify the source of the problem. Test anxiety, perhaps? To me, the first LG was the hardest ever. Doing 50+ PTs, I usually finished LGs within 25 minutes with -0 or -1. My experience with the first section really bothers me.

that's EXACTLY how I felt, like the hardest section of LG that I had taken. Even the two simple linear games seemed really hard. And the cities one like I said, simply killed me. Sucks they won't realize that section though.

quishiclocus

Postby quishiclocus » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:00 am

Are the experimental ones all the same? I cannot for the life of me remember the experimental because I got about four questions into the first game before realizing that there was no way the real one could possibly have that many giveaways. If anything, I think that section threw me off because I wasn't expecting to have to just sit there doing nothing for twenty minutes at the very beginning of the test. I hate doing nothing. But even thinking about it, I can't recall cities. Or a marina. I may just have the worst memory for these things in the history of the world, though...

blackwater88

Postby blackwater88 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:05 am

quishiclocus wrote:Are the experimental ones all the same? I cannot for the life of me remember the experimental because I got about four questions into the first game before realizing that there was no way the real one could possibly have that many giveaways. If anything, I think that section threw me off because I wasn't expecting to have to just sit there doing nothing for twenty minutes at the very beginning of the test. I hate doing nothing. But even thinking about it, I can't recall cities. Or a marina. I may just have the worst memory for these things in the history of the world, though...

I thought all the experimentals were the same. You don't remember a game where you had to put different seasons into different cities?
That one jumped at me cuz it felt impossible. If you don't then maybe they are different.

Foxxtrot

Postby Foxxtrot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:18 am

There were multiple exp games sections for this test. One was very easy (marina, landfill, films) and the other was, apparently, difficult (cities, plays, college students/professors). I don't know if this is unprecedented.

bb8900

Postby bb8900 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:41 am

Foxxtrot wrote:There were multiple exp games sections for this test. One was very easy (marina, landfill, films) and the other was, apparently, difficult (cities, plays, college students/professors). I don't know if this is unprecedented.

Yes, I think this was the case bc the college student/prof's one was hella hard. I had no clue how to start. The cities was easy to set up, but for some reason it just didn't work.

If anyone knows how to do or remembers anything about that experimental section please PM me.

Albatross

Postby Albatross » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:03 am

CMDantes wrote:I'm pretty sure I got a -1 on the experimental, and got totally destroyed on the real thing.

Sam, except I had RC experimental. Which was easy as fuck. Real LG, on the other hand, was ridiculously hard. The last game at least.

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:11 pm

kesexton wrote:
CMDantes wrote:I'm pretty sure I got a -1 on the experimental, and got totally destroyed on the real thing.

Sam, except I had RC experimental. Which was easy as fuck. Real LG, on the other hand, was ridiculously hard.
+1

hobbsey

Postby hobbsey » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:10 am

Foxxtrot wrote:There were multiple exp games sections for this test. One was very easy (marina, landfill, films) and the other was, apparently, difficult (cities, plays, college students/professors). I don't know if this is unprecedented.

I had the same test and the only LG I can remember from my experimental is the layover/direct flight one, anyone know which group that belongs to? There was also at least one sequential and it might have been the first question. I think the landfill one also sounds familiar but I might be thinking of a LR question :P

I thought my experimental was easier than the scored, but if there were two sections that would explain why there are so many different opinions on it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”