June '10 Test Takers -- How Much Did "Luck" Play a Hand?

alex_cryp

Re: June '10 Test Takers -- How Much Did "Luck" Play a Hand?

Postby alex_cryp » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Luck can play a huge role. I was well prepared and then the week leading up to the LSAT was crazy unlucky for me. I got a cold and so was pretty sick leading up to the test and it really affected my rest for the whole week. Then, I got hit in the head by a falling object in my garage a couple days before the test. Then, the night before the test I got stomach sick and didn't even feel like I could go to the test the next day I was so weak, but I was feeling a bit better and decided to go ahead. When I got to the test site, I found out we were going to be packed in like sardines--no elbow room at all. They sat me next to some fidgety guy that kept distracting me, not mention the fact that I was literally shaking for the first two sections due to the fact that I couldn't hold down a breakfast.

So yeah, you can be the most prepared in the world and luck can still play a role.

I actually remember going into the test room and saying in my head, "God, do you not want me to be a lawyer, because the world is seriously conspiring against me right now."

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:37 pm

alex_cryp wrote:Luck can play a huge role. I was well prepared and then the week leading up to the LSAT was crazy unlucky for me. I got a cold and so was pretty sick leading up to the test and it really affected my rest for the whole week. Then, I got hit in the head by a falling object in my garage a couple days before the test. Then, the night before the test I got stomach sick and didn't even feel like I could go to the test the next day I was so weak, but I was feeling a bit better and decided to go ahead. When I got to the test site, I found out we were going to be packed in like sardines--no elbow room at all. They sat me next to some fidgety guy that kept distracting me, not mention the fact that I was literally shaking for the first two sections due to the fact that I couldn't hold down a breakfast.

So yeah, you can be the most prepared in the world and luck can still play a role.

I actually remember going into the test room and saying in my head, "God, do you not want me to be a lawyer, because the world is seriously conspiring against me right now."

Sorry to hear about that man. At least for me, I wanted to be careful about the whole getting sick aspect. I didn't leave it to luck; I made sure to drink lots of orange juice, avoid sharing things or food with people, etc.

I can't even imagine how incredibly miserable it must be to take the LSAT while sick.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:53 pm

I'll tell you when I get the results on the 5 questions i had to guess on. Spread over 3 sections, all D's. Other than that I was lucky that I had some knowledge on 3/4 RC passages.. made reading them infinitely easier to get through

alex_cryp

Postby alex_cryp » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Yeah, I really have no idea how I got so sick. I was very careful about what I ate and stuff. I think that stress played a huge role. I can't take or eat things with vitamin c b/c it hinders the absorption of my medication, so that probably played a factor. It was my first try though. At least I can retake if I need to, and I'm pretty sure (knock on wood) it can't get much worse!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”