June 2010 LSAT LR Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
arabic06

New

June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Post by arabic06 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi,

I do not want to get banned for posting revealing questions. However, I am curious about the June 2010 LR question types. Namely, were there "more than usual", "average", or a "less than usual" amount of weaken and strengthen question types on this exam? Also, were there any sampling flaw weaken questions or sampling flaw strengthen questions?

Thank you very, very much for your help.

3|ink

Platinum

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:14 pm

LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 pm

3|ink wrote:LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.
The "evaluate the argument" one?

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:45 pm

shoop wrote:
I'd forgotten about that one until you mentioned it-it was indeed odd but not difficult.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:51 pm

It was one of the last questions right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

blackwater88 wrote:

It was one of the last questions right?
Yes, IIRC.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

My second section of LR seemed ridiculously dense, not hard, just dense. Like every single stimulus was more than two sentences long.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Was your test order LR LG LR RC LR?

pennywise

New

Post by pennywise » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Mine was...

I don't know but everyone keeps on saying that the middle LR is the experimental. Yet I found no evidence is indicate this claim.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 pm

My impression at the time was the 3rd was experimental, but I can't recall specific question contents well enough to confirm this.

blackwater88

Bronze

Post by blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:29 pm

sundance95 wrote:Was your test order LR LG LR RC LR?
Nah, it was LG LR LG LR RC

So my second LR was definitely real.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:58 pm

shoop wrote:
Could you elaborate on this a little? Without breaking your sacred LSAC vows, of course. I only remember one weird question on the LR. It was something like... the answer to which one of these questions would be most useful, though I'm definitely paraphrasing. Is that the one you're talking about?

arabic06

New

Post by arabic06 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 am

Ok, on previous LSATs, on average, each LR section contains two weaken questions and two strengthen questions. What was the June 2010 LSAT like? Did it contain this number of strengthen and weaken questions in each section or were there less or more?

Also, in test 59 you will notice a weaken question where it gives you a statistic and makes a claim where the answer to weaken will show a flaw in the statistic or the sample size or representation of participants. Did any of the June 2010 LSAT LR questions contain any weaken or strengthen of this sort?

Hope this makes sense and thanks for your input!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kimberynichol

New

Post by kimberynichol » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 pm

I would have given ANYTHING to have any of those tests. My lsat was RC LR LG LR RC. I knew before going into the test that if the first section was anything but RC, I would do great on the test. If I had started with LG I would have done fantastic. However, very unfortunately for me, my test (of course) began with a face off with my arch enemy RC. I agonized on whether I should cancel my score but decided that I need to know how I did, and if need be, I can always take it again.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm

The one thing that bothers me about PS, TM and all prep companies is that they place so much emphasis on identifying question types and then some people (TLSers) get all caught up in identifying question types rather than answering the question. I've seen so many fights on this forum over what type of question this or that is, but who really cares, answer the damn thing.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 pm

suspicious android wrote:
shoop wrote:
Could you elaborate on this a little? Without breaking your sacred LSAC vows, of course. I only remember one weird question on the LR. It was something like... the answer to which one of these questions would be most useful, though I'm definitely paraphrasing. Is that the one you're talking about?
It's called a type 9 to you testmasters people out there. Type 9's ask 'The answer to which one of the following questions would be most useful in evaluating the argument?' If I'm wrong, let me know.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 pm

3|ink wrote:
shoop wrote:
It's called a type 9 to you testmasters people out there. Type 9's ask 'The answer to which one of the following questions would be most useful in evaluating the argument?' If I'm wrong, let me know.
I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pu_golf88

Bronze

Post by pu_golf88 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

sundance95 wrote:My impression at the time was the 3rd was experimental, but I can't recall specific question contents well enough to confirm this.
If it was, it would be the first experimental section to be after the break.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

CastleRock wrote: I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.
You know...I really hope you're right. The answer I chose is fresh in my mind and it seemed to make perfect sense. However, in hindsight, if this were a type 9, that answer choice wouldn't make much sense.

Just so I know we're talking about the same question, and without getting into specifics, do you recall this question coming particularly early in one of the sections? The answer seemed so obvious that I was suspicious at first. However, the early questions are usually gimmes, so I decided to roll with it.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:48 pm

3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote: I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.
You know...I really hope you're right. The answer I chose is fresh in my mind and it seemed to make perfect sense. However, in hindsight, if this were a type 9, that answer choice wouldn't make much sense.

Just so I know we're talking about the same question, and without getting into specifics, do you recall this question coming particularly early in one of the sections? The answer seemed so obvious that I was suspicious at first. However, the early questions are usually gimmes, so I decided to roll with it.
I don't actually remember the exact question at all, just the question type.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am

3|ink wrote:

It was early in a section.. Something about dead sea animals of some sort, very timely subject due to the BP oil spill.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 am

3|ink wrote:

It was early in a section.. Something about dead sea animals of some sort, very timely subject due to the BP oil spill.
I'm pretty sure that was a weaken.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't know about question classification, but it did ask you to pick a question among the answer choices, the answer to which could help weaken the argument. Obviously, a question in and of itself can't weaken an argument, but I suppose you could think of this a weaken question. Unusual though.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm

I think people are talking about two different questions. It is okay to talk about question type and about subject matter, but not about reasoning. So could some please marry their question type with the subject matter and make this more clear?

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Didn't the question ask you to pick a question that would specifically weaken the evidence presented in favor of the argument?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”