June 2010 LSAT LR Question

arabic06
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 am

June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby arabic06 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi,

I do not want to get banned for posting revealing questions. However, I am curious about the June 2010 LR question types. Namely, were there "more than usual", "average", or a "less than usual" amount of weaken and strengthen question types on this exam? Also, were there any sampling flaw weaken questions or sampling flaw strengthen questions?

Thank you very, very much for your help.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:14 pm

LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby shoop » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 pm

3|ink wrote:LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.


The "evaluate the argument" one?

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:45 pm

shoop wrote:
3|ink wrote:LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.


The "evaluate the argument" one?


I'd forgotten about that one until you mentioned it-it was indeed odd but not difficult.

User avatar
blackwater88
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:51 pm

The "evaluate the argument" one?



It was one of the last questions right?

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

blackwater88 wrote:
The "evaluate the argument" one?



It was one of the last questions right?


Yes, IIRC.

User avatar
blackwater88
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

My second section of LR seemed ridiculously dense, not hard, just dense. Like every single stimulus was more than two sentences long.

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Was your test order LR LG LR RC LR?

pennywise
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby pennywise » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Mine was...

I don't know but everyone keeps on saying that the middle LR is the experimental. Yet I found no evidence is indicate this claim.

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby sundance95 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 pm

My impression at the time was the 3rd was experimental, but I can't recall specific question contents well enough to confirm this.

User avatar
blackwater88
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby blackwater88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:29 pm

sundance95 wrote:Was your test order LR LG LR RC LR?


Nah, it was LG LR LG LR RC

So my second LR was definitely real.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby suspicious android » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:58 pm

shoop wrote:
3|ink wrote:LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.


The "evaluate the argument" one?


Could you elaborate on this a little? Without breaking your sacred LSAC vows, of course. I only remember one weird question on the LR. It was something like... the answer to which one of these questions would be most useful, though I'm definitely paraphrasing. Is that the one you're talking about?

arabic06
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby arabic06 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 am

Ok, on previous LSATs, on average, each LR section contains two weaken questions and two strengthen questions. What was the June 2010 LSAT like? Did it contain this number of strengthen and weaken questions in each section or were there less or more?

Also, in test 59 you will notice a weaken question where it gives you a statistic and makes a claim where the answer to weaken will show a flaw in the statistic or the sample size or representation of participants. Did any of the June 2010 LSAT LR questions contain any weaken or strengthen of this sort?

Hope this makes sense and thanks for your input!

kimberynichol
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby kimberynichol » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 pm

I would have given ANYTHING to have any of those tests. My lsat was RC LR LG LR RC. I knew before going into the test that if the first section was anything but RC, I would do great on the test. If I had started with LG I would have done fantastic. However, very unfortunately for me, my test (of course) began with a face off with my arch enemy RC. I agonized on whether I should cancel my score but decided that I need to know how I did, and if need be, I can always take it again.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm

The one thing that bothers me about PS, TM and all prep companies is that they place so much emphasis on identifying question types and then some people (TLSers) get all caught up in identifying question types rather than answering the question. I've seen so many fights on this forum over what type of question this or that is, but who really cares, answer the damn thing.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 pm

suspicious android wrote:
shoop wrote:
3|ink wrote:LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.


The "evaluate the argument" one?


Could you elaborate on this a little? Without breaking your sacred LSAC vows, of course. I only remember one weird question on the LR. It was something like... the answer to which one of these questions would be most useful, though I'm definitely paraphrasing. Is that the one you're talking about?


It's called a type 9 to you testmasters people out there. Type 9's ask 'The answer to which one of the following questions would be most useful in evaluating the argument?' If I'm wrong, let me know.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 pm

3|ink wrote:
suspicious android wrote:
shoop wrote:
3|ink wrote:LR was average all around. I only noticed one 'rare' question type.


The "evaluate the argument" one?


Could you elaborate on this a little? Without breaking your sacred LSAC vows, of course. I only remember one weird question on the LR. It was something like... the answer to which one of these questions would be most useful, though I'm definitely paraphrasing. Is that the one you're talking about?


It's called a type 9 to you testmasters people out there. Type 9's ask 'The answer to which one of the following questions would be most useful in evaluating the argument?' If I'm wrong, let me know.

I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.

User avatar
pu_golf88
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby pu_golf88 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

sundance95 wrote:My impression at the time was the 3rd was experimental, but I can't recall specific question contents well enough to confirm this.


If it was, it would be the first experimental section to be after the break.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

CastleRock wrote:I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.


You know...I really hope you're right. The answer I chose is fresh in my mind and it seemed to make perfect sense. However, in hindsight, if this were a type 9, that answer choice wouldn't make much sense.

Just so I know we're talking about the same question, and without getting into specifics, do you recall this question coming particularly early in one of the sections? The answer seemed so obvious that I was suspicious at first. However, the early questions are usually gimmes, so I decided to roll with it.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:48 pm

3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.


You know...I really hope you're right. The answer I chose is fresh in my mind and it seemed to make perfect sense. However, in hindsight, if this were a type 9, that answer choice wouldn't make much sense.

Just so I know we're talking about the same question, and without getting into specifics, do you recall this question coming particularly early in one of the sections? The answer seemed so obvious that I was suspicious at first. However, the early questions are usually gimmes, so I decided to roll with it.


I don't actually remember the exact question at all, just the question type.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby suspicious android » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am

3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.


You know...I really hope you're right. The answer I chose is fresh in my mind and it seemed to make perfect sense. However, in hindsight, if this were a type 9, that answer choice wouldn't make much sense.

Just so I know we're talking about the same question, and without getting into specifics, do you recall this question coming particularly early in one of the sections? The answer seemed so obvious that I was suspicious at first. However, the early questions are usually gimmes, so I decided to roll with it.


It was early in a section.. Something about dead sea animals of some sort, very timely subject due to the BP oil spill.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 am

suspicious android wrote:
3|ink wrote:
CastleRock wrote:I think you are wrong. The question asked to evaluate the argumentation, not which question would be most useful.


You know...I really hope you're right. The answer I chose is fresh in my mind and it seemed to make perfect sense. However, in hindsight, if this were a type 9, that answer choice wouldn't make much sense.

Just so I know we're talking about the same question, and without getting into specifics, do you recall this question coming particularly early in one of the sections? The answer seemed so obvious that I was suspicious at first. However, the early questions are usually gimmes, so I decided to roll with it.


It was early in a section.. Something about dead sea animals of some sort, very timely subject due to the BP oil spill.


I'm pretty sure that was a weaken.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby suspicious android » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't know about question classification, but it did ask you to pick a question among the answer choices, the answer to which could help weaken the argument. Obviously, a question in and of itself can't weaken an argument, but I suppose you could think of this a weaken question. Unusual though.

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby Hey-O » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm

I think people are talking about two different questions. It is okay to talk about question type and about subject matter, but not about reasoning. So could some please marry their question type with the subject matter and make this more clear?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: June 2010 LSAT LR Question

Postby zworykin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Didn't the question ask you to pick a question that would specifically weaken the evidence presented in favor of the argument?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pozzo and 4 guests