Did Anyone Complete More than 20 PrepTests?

Re: Did Anyone Complete More than 20 PrepTests?

Postby theavrock » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:06 am

Knockglock wrote:
MagnumLifeStyle wrote:Knockglock,
sorry to hear that!
What happened? Was the June Test much harder than the most recent PTs you had completed?
I was predicting that you would especially score 175+

Just dropped the ball hard on LG, and didn't do well on RC.

-2 LR -4 LG -4 RC -0 LR.

ugh :(. I don't know what happened really. Test day nerves must have gotten to me much more than I had thought.

Don't worry about knock thats still a great score and if you retake you will kill it.

As to the OP's question I ended up doing 23 tests total. But if you add up all the other questions I did before full length tests I am sure I did like at least another 10-15.

Postby MagnumLifeStyle » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:16 pm

so how did you do on the real test?

Postby hokie11 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Good luck with your studying! I did about 30 prep tests over 4 months. Before I took them, though, I photo-copied the tests. Once I graded each test, I went over the ones I got wrong, and highlighted the questions on the corresponding test copy. Two weeks after each test, I'd go back to the copy and redo the highlighted sections to make sure I understood what I did wrong. I think this helped mainly because it helped me see patterns in what I was missing. Over the last 10 tests my average was 176. On the actual test I ended up with a 170 - nothing to write home about, but I think that was mostly due to extreme anxiety.

Again, good luck on your LSAT and applications!

Postby Kiwi917 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:16 pm

During April and May this year, I took 22 prep tests plus about 25 individual LG sections from other tests (that was my weak section). Started out around 165-168, averaged 170 overall, and scored 176 on the June 2010 test. I would say that doing the PrepTests was the key to my improvement. It made the actual test fairly predictable and I walked in knowing that I had seen the majority of the question types that would come up. Practicing under timed conditions was also essential for getting the pacing down and decreasing anxiety on test day.

Postby 12262010 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:23 pm

I took 29.

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:40 pm

I did 26 . . . and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who made a super-geeky spreadsheet of the results.

Edit to actually answer your questions:

My scores didn't really improve over time, but improvement would've been pretty unrealistic. I did get better at games. I only reviewed problems I got wrong, and only briefly. On the real thing, I scored a point below my average.

Postby Rikkugrrl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:50 am

I did over 20, but I think in retrospect it was a bad idea. I started too early and studied too much. I know a lot of people say there's no such thing as studying too much, but I had never studied like that in my life and it put way too much pressure on me. My sister gave me some good advice: when a test is really important, that doesn't mean you should study more for it, it's actually even more important that you stick to your routine and don't do too much. I think around 3 months of studying and 10 tests supplemented with sections in my weak areas and the free twice a week tutoring from my college would have been better for me.

Keep in mind though that different people study in different ways. Some people can handle the stress better than others and will benefit from extra PTs. Fine what works for you and go do that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”