Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Hey-O » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm

I've been studying this test for almost a year. I almost miss it. I actually kind of liked studying for it. I mean everyday I practiced at least 30 minutes. Now, what do I do with that time? Crosswords? Drink?

Is anyone else slightly bummed that they now have a useless skill?

jjlaw
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby jjlaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Haha, I can see how you would need to fulfill that OCD void inside. ;) For me, not really. I'm just excited that I'll get to read all the books I bought while I was studying for the LSAT but didn't have time to read. I'm going to hide in Russian novels until scores come out, check my e-mail on June 25th, then go back into hiding. :)

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Hey-O » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:56 pm

jjlaw wrote:Haha, I can see how you would need to fulfill that OCD void inside. ;) For me, not really. I'm just excited that I'll get to read all the books I bought while I was studying for the LSAT but didn't have time to read. I'm going to hide in Russian novels until scores come out, check my e-mail on June 25th, then go back into hiding. :)


Russian novels are all depressing. Not the best way to keep your spirits up while waiting for your score.

jjlaw
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby jjlaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Hey-O wrote:
jjlaw wrote:Haha, I can see how you would need to fulfill that OCD void inside. ;) For me, not really. I'm just excited that I'll get to read all the books I bought while I was studying for the LSAT but didn't have time to read. I'm going to hide in Russian novels until scores come out, check my e-mail on June 25th, then go back into hiding. :)


Russian novels are all depressing. Not the best way to keep your spirits up while waiting for your score.


Misery loves company. :) I figure if I'm depressed by the score, and I'm already depressed by the novels, then it would all make for a great excuse to drink myself to sleep.

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby jdstl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 pm

What I miss is having an outlet for LSAT related anxiety. When prepping for the test, I would work through a few old logic games or peruse the LG Bible whenever I was getting nervous. Now, all I can do is wait.

howcani111
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby howcani111 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:04 pm

you sick idiots :P

I hated the LSAT. It was sooo sick. If someone paid me a million bucks to go through it again... I wouldn't even take it.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:05 pm

jdstl wrote:What I miss is having an outlet for LSAT related anxiety. When prepping for the test, I would work through a few old logic games or peruse the LG Bible whenever I was getting nervous. Now, all I can do is wait.


Seriously. Waiting is the worst, because everything's completely out of your control, and you can't do anything about it.

I would definitely say that I am more anxious and worried now than I was before the LSAT.

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby irie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Hey-O wrote:Is anyone else slightly bummed that they now have a useless skill?



lol... i remember that feeling. i taught an LSAT class for 6 months after my exam just so I could justify all the time I spent building up and refining this "useless" skill. now, a year later, if you were to sit me in front of an LSAT i'd probably score 20 points lower than i used to... it's like trying to hold water in your hands once you stop spending 2-3 hours a day poring over practice questions.

User avatar
dominkay
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby dominkay » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm

jdstl wrote:What I miss is having an outlet for LSAT related anxiety. When prepping for the test, I would work through a few old logic games or peruse the LG Bible whenever I was getting nervous. Now, all I can do is wait.


This exactly.

I seriously considered doing another PT this afternoon, just because I was going crazy. But I figured I should save it for closer to October, in case I need to retake...

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Ragged » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Yes I missed it so much so I decided to fuck up the June test so I keep studying!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Ragged wrote:Yes I missed it so much so I decided to fuck up the June test so I keep studying!


HAHAHAHAHA. Bummer man :x Hopefully you get that 170+ and can just be done!

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Ragged » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Ragged wrote:Yes I missed it so much so I decided to fuck up the June test so I keep studying!


HAHAHAHAHA. Bummer man :x Hopefully you get that 170+ and can just be done!


Hehe thanks. I'll prolly retake with a 170+ too, but it would still be nice lol

User avatar
justinmcl
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby justinmcl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Today I commented on how it was weird how I had nothing to do after work, I was handed a vacuum cleaner..... :(

bookie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby bookie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 pm

justinmcl wrote:Today I commented on how it was weird how I had nothing to do after work, I was handed a vacuum cleaner..... :(



hahahahaha :lol:

User avatar
World B. Free
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby World B. Free » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:45 pm

justinmcl wrote:Today I commented on how it was weird how I had nothing to do after work, I was handed a vacuum cleaner..... :(

sounds like my home! :D

User avatar
doppelganger
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:27 am

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby doppelganger » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:59 pm

I miss games. It became my comfort zone. I think I could do games forever. Somehow that was my worst section on Monday though. Still trying to figure that out. :|

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby mst » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:13 pm

I haven't been doing it for a year, but for the last few months, and literally every hour of every day for May it's been my life. Now I have nothing to do for 2 weeks until I get involved with my next life adventure, so I'm just posting like crazy on this website. TLS4L!

User avatar
doppelganger
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:27 am

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby doppelganger » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

mst wrote:I haven't been doing it for a year, but for the last few months, and literally every hour of every day for May it's been my life. Now I have nothing to do for 2 weeks until I get involved with my next life adventure, so I'm just posting like crazy on this website. TLS4L!



+1 Ultrasaur

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Ragged » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

mst wrote:I haven't been doing it for a year, but for the last few months, and literally every hour of every day for May it's been my life. Now I have nothing to do for 2 weeks until I get involved with my next life adventure, so I'm just posting like crazy on this website. TLS4L!


Nice tar man. How very TLS.

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:41 pm

doppelganger wrote:I miss games. It became my comfort zone. I think I could do games forever. Somehow that was my worst section on Monday though. Still trying to figure that out. :|



http://www.puzzles.com/projects/LogicPr ... chive.html

Did these way before I started studying for the LSAT, but I enjoyed LG a lot and used these towean me offget a fix.. :lol:

cdunn
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby cdunn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:42 pm

I used to take PTs at work.

Now I'm utterly bored.

User avatar
goawaybee
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby goawaybee » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 pm

I almost began studying today, had to reason with myself for about 5 minutes, "you don't need to do that right now, you are not in a good emotional state...why pour salt on the wound...you know damn well you always do better after 5-7 day break...lay off man...back up....go piddle online..." wouldn't you know just end up sucked into this vacuum of TLS. the accuweather just wasn't cutting it. It is going to be hot for weeks, I feel hollow inside.

bahahaha

User avatar
alphagamma
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby alphagamma » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 pm

During the few days leading up to the LSAT, I caught myself thinking (multiple times), "After Monday, I may never do another logic game. Aww..."

I think my brain is tainted. I may have to kill myself to save the rest of humanity.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:59 am

Yeah LG are actually fun. I may actually do them from time to time just for the fun of it.
But that being said, like an earlier poster, I love books and still have a ways to go on my list of classics/philosophy novels to read.

I'm thinking about reading the Sophists next, something I never got to read in my philosophy classes as an undergraduate. Given the chance, I would have doubled majored in philosophy, but oh well. Too late for that now.

By the way for anyone who has not read 1984 or Alas, Babylon go read those. I highly recommend them.

If anyone has any suggestions on great books they've read post or PM. Although I may have already read them. I've been reading more obscure classics lately (aka Voltaire's Candide)

Oh and I'll also be filling that time running. Berlin Marathon, here I come :)

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Anyone miss Prepping for the LSAT?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

I'll probably be prepping again soon.
Only spent a month doing so and I feel I didn't give it my all on the June LSAT.
I was mentally prepared for the test itself but not for the conditions which accompanied the actual test.
I'll be surprised if I got a 175 and super happy if I got a 170 on this exam.
Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests