Those who have written to challenge the 4th LG--replies? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mike12188

Silver

Re: Those who have written to challenge the 4th LG--replies?

Post by Mike12188 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 pm

I wrote to LSAC because I did not understand what they meant by the word "intern"...did they mean an unpaid internship for college credit or a paid internship? Very ambiguous and it completely threw me off. I sat there and thought about all the possibilities for that term for 10 minutes. Cost me the entire game. :evil:

schnoodle

New

Post by schnoodle » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:36 pm

if only everyone could answer every question correctly. that would be so much better!

of course the lsac wants people to miss questions like these. if no one misses a question, it's statistically worthless and THEN it would be thrown out.

pinkzeppelin

Bronze

Post by pinkzeppelin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:38 pm

schnoodle wrote:can everyone who plans to use either "effect" or "affect" in a sentence please consult a dictionary before typing so (s)he no longer sounds like an idiot? thanks.
Muphry's law

"before typing, so (s)he"

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 pm

schnoodle wrote:
trialjunky wrote:
schnoodle wrote:can everyone who plans to use either "effect" or "affect" in a sentence please consult a dictionary before typing so (s)he no longer sounds like an idiot? thanks.
douchenoodle...no one comes here for grammer spelling lessons.

Other ppl...

Someone throw up the letter they plan on sending/sent. What exactly are you telling them?

Hey trial junky, it's spelled GRAMMAR. In case you were curious.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Just sent an email. We'll see what will happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
taw856 wrote:I'm just waiting for the DF tells you whether or not you should challenge an LSAT question thread. :lol:
Waste of time
DF says learn English. I barely speak it and I could understand the LSAT well enough.

What is the logical flaw in the above sentence class?

A) DF assumes what he sets out to prove.
B) ... ahhh fuck it.

Crazycall2

New

Post by Crazycall2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:45 am

Have any challengers heard back yet? Anyone new sent a challenge? At this rate, it looks like we may not be hearing back until after the test is released

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Crazycall2 wrote:Have any challengers heard back yet? Anyone new sent a challenge? At this rate, it looks like we may not be hearing back until after the test is released
Nope. Its not surprising though. I bet LSAC gets thousands of emails about their tests, I don't think that all of them get read, much less replied.

sumus romani

Silver

Post by sumus romani » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I hate to say this but LSAC will probably not give a damn.
They meant to fuck people over with that question..here's to hopes that there is a somewhat generous curve though!

I'm sure that y'all are upset at the way the game was formulated, and I understand that this can be frustrating. However, LSAC most certainly did not mean to "fuck people over" with the question. They need each and every one of their questions to be a good question in order to get the right curve. They could easily make the games sections more difficult--just add more variables, trickier rules, etc. If indeed the game is flawed, it surely was flawed unintentionally.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Ragged wrote:
Crazycall2 wrote:Have any challengers heard back yet? Anyone new sent a challenge? At this rate, it looks like we may not be hearing back until after the test is released
Nope. Its not surprising though. I bet LSAC gets thousands of emails about their tests, I don't think that all of them get read, much less replied.
I don't think this is realistic. I'm certain that LSAC reads every email. They might just send out a form letter in reply but they don't just delete them willy nilly.

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:41 pm

I wrote in and just got my response in the mail. Large package with a revolver and one bullet. An attached note read, "play Russian Roulette until you lose". I've been lucky so far.

citrustang

New

Post by citrustang » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:54 pm

I think it behooves the LSAC to wait until the test is disclosed before taking any challenges seriously. If we are mistaken in a challenge, rereading the exact language on the test will set us straight (and they won't need to take any action). If we are correct in a challenge, the challenge will require specific references to really hold water. As such, I'm not expecting any responses until after the official score release.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 am

citrustang wrote:I think it behooves the LSAC to wait until the test is disclosed before taking any challenges seriously. If we are mistaken in a challenge, rereading the exact language on the test will set us straight (and they won't need to take any action). If we are correct in a challenge, the challenge will require specific references to really hold water. As such, I'm not expecting any responses until after the official score release.
What if you are mistaken and rereading the exact language does not set you straight?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:41 am

taw856 wrote:I'm just waiting for the DF tells you whether or not you should challenge an LSAT question thread. :lol:
Only on the internet will he ever be this popular.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:45 am

schnoodle wrote:
trialjunky wrote:
douchenoodle...no one comes here for grammer lessons.

Other ppl...

Someone throw up the letter they plan on sending/sent. What exactly are you telling them?

Why would you assume trialjunky would be curious?

citrustang

New

Post by citrustang » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 am

bk187 wrote:
citrustang wrote:I think it behooves the LSAC to wait until the test is disclosed before taking any challenges seriously. If we are mistaken in a challenge, rereading the exact language on the test will set us straight (and they won't need to take any action). If we are correct in a challenge, the challenge will require specific references to really hold water. As such, I'm not expecting any responses until after the official score release.
What if you are mistaken and rereading the exact language does not set you straight?
That still means the LSAC can wait until after the official score release before taking any action.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 am

calicocat wrote:
Only on the internet will he ever be this popular.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Hey-O wrote:
Ragged wrote:
I don't think this is realistic. I'm certain that LSAC reads every email. They might just send out a form letter in reply but they don't just delete them willy nilly.
I hope you are right.

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:29 pm

citrustang wrote:
bk187 wrote:
That still means the LSAC can wait until after the official score release before taking any action.
Wait...so if the LSAC decides--miraculously--that the fourth game is flawed, then they would wait until after scores are released to remove it? Wouldn't that cause our scores to change?

I'm going to go kill myself.

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I cannot imagine that the LSAC would, under any circumstance, dismiss an entire LG game and score the exam out of 93 or 94. That would be an unprecedented error. At the very best, I would think that those who challenged would maybe get the option to cancel their score in exchange for a free voucher to take the OCT administration or something along those lines.

trutherd

New

Post by trutherd » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

schnoodle wrote:
trialjunky wrote:
douchenoodle...no one comes here for grammer lessons.

Other ppl...

Feel good about yourself? You're so smart... :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 pm

I was considering commenting something similar, but I'm glad to see someone beat me to it.

apropos

New

Post by apropos » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Since the deadline for submitting an inquiry or challenge is 90 days after the scores have been reported, I imagine changes can be made after scores are out. I would also think that they deal with these complaints after, since their deadline is relative to score release.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:11 pm

apropos wrote:Since the deadline for submitting an inquiry or challenge is 90 days after the scores have been reported, I imagine changes can be made after scores are out. I would also think that they deal with these complaints after, since their deadline is relative to score release.
Yes, of course they have to wait. Otherwise how does someone know to challenge a question? Their magic memory of the test? People need time to review the questions and decide whether they are fair.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”