Question regarding the fourth game Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
marklg89

New

Question regarding the fourth game

Post by marklg89 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 am

Hi guys,

I have a question pertaining to the fourth game and the 'sketchy' rule that's been brought up in a different thread.

When I got to game 4, I didn't find it to be super-hard (though it was challenging) nor any rules to be ambiguous. The conditions seemed reminiscent of several previous games I've taken, and I went ahead and diagrammed my way through it.

Having seen the 15+ pages thread regarding the fourth game, however, I now feel a bit paranoid. My question is this: Would it have been possible to have misinterpreted the rule in question and still get through the game w/o noticing something's off? Normally, if I would get a rule wrong or misread something in a game during a PT, I would notice my mistake by the second question at the latest, as I would most often end up with two 'right' choices or all 'wrong' choices. Then, going back, I would redraw the rule I got wrong and things would fall into place.

Frankly, my mind is completely blank about the specifics of the rules (I only vaguely recall certain restrictions), and I don't remember the text of the game at all, specifically the controversial part of the rule.

I don't think I misinterpreted it, as the game seemed to go smoothly with only one answer choice remaining for every question, but is there a chance that one could go through a game with the wrong rule in place and still come up with one answer choice for all the questions?
Such a scenario never happened to me personally, but the apparent difficulty people had with the fourth game has me worried that I answered the questions with the wrong rule without noticing anything being off.

slax

Bronze

Re: Question regarding the fourth game

Post by slax » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:42 am

Don't worry! Other people, myself included, have said that they didn't realize the word was ambiguous until others pointed it out. You probably got it all right. People who misunderstood the word realized they were wrong as they worked through the questions. If you answered the questions without issue, you have no reason to worry. Don't get caught up in the hype.

IBThatGuy

New

Post by IBThatGuy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:44 pm

I definitely wouldn't worry about your performance. Sounds like you're fine. I'm not sure there's a legitimate complaint to be found there. Maybe.

marklg89

New

Post by marklg89 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the responses guys! That definitely puts my mind to ease... I'm sure you know just as well as I do the mental toll this whole process takes

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”