Strange/Funny/Odd Testing Stories? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
balzern

Bronze

Strange/Funny/Odd Testing Stories?

Post by balzern » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:14 am

I had a guy taking the LSAT with me who was about 70 years old and looked like Joe Paterno hahaha

Connelly

Bronze

Re: Strange/Funny/Odd Testing Stories?

Post by Connelly » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:37 am

So it was test day, and the room where we were taking it was expecting about 30-35 people. 8:30 rolls around and there are about 10 of us in there. The proctor looks out the window...to find the rest of the students locked outside of the building. Nice job, facilities.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:39 am

I wish I had a funny story. It would have lightened the mood. All I got was the goofball who had a dozen complaints. He wanted the proctor to get union workers to stop jackhammering, which is reasonable, but if you have any experience with the union, IMPOSSIBLE. Delayed the test a solid 5 minutes. I bet he's one of the people making a fuss over the ambiguous term on LG. Man that kid was a downer.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am

FuManChusco wrote:I wish I had a funny story. It would have lightened the mood. All I got was the goofball who had a dozen complaints. He wanted the proctor to get union workers to stop jackhammering, which is reasonable, but if you have any experience with the union, IMPOSSIBLE. Delayed the test a solid 5 minutes. I bet he's one of the people making a fuss over the ambiguous term on LG. Man that kid was a downer.

yeah I had 2 people beside me who coughed every 5 seconds (literally) it was so distracting that i folded my ear and kept my hand over the left portion of my head the ENTIRE time....I know it sounds silly but how is my testing experience trying to cope with that similar to someone who doesn't have to deal with those kind of disturbances?

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 am

I had 2 proctors. One sat up front and one decided to sit in the desk next to me. So whenever they talked/went to the bathroom, etc, I had to hear it.

It was all good until the 5th section when the proctor in the desk next to me fell asleep and started snoring... :x

In all honesty though, I didn't really mind it. It kindda allowed me to release some tension and say "hey, you're on the last section. Almost there." :)

Also, the hot chic taking the test that didn't bring a watch and didn't know what a 5 minute warning was and kept asking these type of questions before the test was "interesting"... :oops: Whom I kidding? I got her number on the way to the parking lot anyways... :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 pm

My proctor was a real character. He kept cracking jokes and about half of them didn't make sense. I don't know if it was the language barrier or what (he had an accent - Russian, I think). But he was so congenial and understanding that everyone laughed anyway.

Marino13

New

Post by Marino13 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:51 pm

This isn't necessarily a funny story or anything; kind of something I'm concerned with in a way.

A guy in my testing room didn't turn in his answer sheet during the break, so it was out on his desk throughout the break. He realized his mistake and gave it to the proctor before the fourth section started; she wrote — i think — his info down and then let him stay in the test.

I didn't think anything of it, but I came across a few posts that said LSAC has invalidated a room of scores for certain reasons. Has anyone come across a situation similar to this and knows what resulted?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Waiting in line to be checked in there was definitely an overly cocky guy behind me talking loudly to his friend.

Some choice pieces:
"Yeah, I haven't studied for this in like 2 months"
"I only ever took one practice test, untimed, but I totally rocked it"
"I wish I could just use my ACT scores. I mean, the reading comprehension is pretty much the same as that, right?"
"I'll probably be able to guess which section the experimental is. That'll give me a nice break."
"I'm not too worried, I've already got emails from a couple of law schools that seem real interested in me" ( <--- pretty sure he's talking about the Cooley and Phoenix emails everyone gets just by registering for the LSAT)

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Post by Saltqjibo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Similar to above. My favorite part was watching this cocky dude in line bragging about his 173 PT and telling everyone how he wanted to just get in there and "fuck that test up" come slowly and totally unraveled by the end of the 5th section. Guy looked like he had just seen a ghost after eating some bad mayonnaise.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cdunn

New

Post by cdunn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:10 pm

I decided to get to my site early and go over a few previous LSAT problems to start up my critical thinking.

Other people had similar ideas, and after about five minutes, it ended up just being a "how stressed are you?" and "how much prep have you done?" session.

Two girls honestly intimidated me. They claimed that if they didn't get above a 171 they would retake (which had me believe they had been PTing higher than that) and that they took two seperate Kaplan courses, which I wish I had had the money to take. I simply ordered books and tried to be self-taught.

In the middle of my LG section, both had visibly and audibly burst into tears.

Saltqjibo

Bronze

Post by Saltqjibo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Haha, yeah man. It's a hell of a test. I should have been confident going in with my PT scores, but on the first section my hands were shaking. I count myself lucky that I just managed to keep my shit together the whole time and not straight up bomb anything.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 pm

I tested in a Marriott Conference center room with at least 150 other people. During the 3rd section, a girl stood up and yelled in the general direction of the proctor "I'm sorry, I HAVE TO GO." She then ran out sobbing and breathing extremely heavily. I assume she left. Definitely had a panic attack.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 pm

I held up the test for a good 3 full minutes because I don't really remember how to write in cursive and was convinced that the stupid verification thing needed to be written in cursive.

I made a joke about it during the break to one of the proctors. They found it pretty humorous.

So humorous that before my re-take 3 months later at the same facility the same proctor made a joke "that some young man last time freaked out that he didn't know cursive, but we found out that doesn't matter." I whispered to the panic-ridden girl next to me "It was me!" She didn't find it funny.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 pm

FuManChusco wrote:I wish I had a funny story. It would have lightened the mood. All I got was the goofball who had a dozen complaints. He wanted the proctor to get union workers to stop jackhammering, which is reasonable, but if you have any experience with the union, IMPOSSIBLE. Delayed the test a solid 5 minutes. I bet he's one of the people making a fuss over the ambiguous term on LG. Man that kid was a downer.
No way! I was there! You took it at BU right? 5th floor right?

greg737

New

Post by greg737 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Marino13 wrote:This isn't necessarily a funny story or anything; kind of something I'm concerned with in a way.

A guy in my testing room didn't turn in his answer sheet during the break, so it was out on his desk throughout the break. He realized his mistake and gave it to the proctor before the fourth section started; she wrote — i think — his info down and then let him stay in the test.

I didn't think anything of it, but I came across a few posts that said LSAC has invalidated a room of scores for certain reasons. Has anyone come across a situation similar to this and knows what resulted?
This actually happened in my room as well, to a guy sitting right next to me. I'm worried my test my be placed on hold just because of that. On the forums it seems that some people have already seen "holds" placed on their scores for various reasons. Are all such holds or cancelled scores given out before the scores are released or do some just show up the day the scores come out?

Anyone have experience with this?

New

Post by 1991 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 am

Somebody asked a question.
The proctor couldn't answer it.
I answered it.
Somebody else asked a different question.
The proctor couldn't answer it.
I answered it.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:56 am

Not quite a test day story, but I broke my ankle 6 days before the LSAT playing trampoline dodgeball. Took sections 4 and 5 pretty solidly hopped on pain meds. Missed 4 of the last 6 questions because I couldn't even read what was in front of me.

I don't even want to know what my writing sample looked like :)

Always remember, it could be worse when you take the test!

lebob

New

Post by lebob » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:05 am

during section 5, some girl got caught doing questions in section 3

i can't tell if the senile proctor woman actually made a note of it though. she just kind of told her to flip back to section 5, and gave the girl a "shame on you" kind of look

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”