Advantage of the PowerScore books?

Advantage of the PowerScore books?

Postby InsertCleverName » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:46 am

I see that everybody on these forums loves them, but can anyone explain exactly what's so good about them? And are they worth getting if I'm already PTing in the mid-160s and have access to all of Kaplan's materials (friend's taking a prep course) with four months until the test?

Sauer Grapes

Re: Advantage of the PowerScore books?

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:04 am

The advantage is that they are better than the other books.

Glad I could help.

Postby MentalGopher » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 am

You're PT-ing in the mid-160s. Okay, well, do you have any areas that are particularly weak? If so, that's probably where a PowerScore Bible would come in handy. And by weak, I mean it brings you down by at least five raw points.

Postby Nikrall » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 pm

The games book is helpful because it gives you a good, thorough look at how to do games.

The LR book is helpful because it explains LR in a halfway decent way.

Honestly neither book is amazing, they are just the best there is. That being said, people don't start out from a position of great knowledge concerning the test, and they really aren't that expensive.

In conclusion: Buy them and go over them. But keep in mind that its all don't have to do what they say. But using them as a supplement might be incredibly helpful depending on exactly what you are having problems with.

Postby jeremydc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:47 pm

I just got done reading the LR bible and let me say it has been a good (free:P) buy. It basiccly helped me find little key words in passages that help me understand the question a bit more. Even though I guess with some questions, with the LR bible done, I can say that these are now EDUCATED guesses and a majority of these are correct.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”