Examkrackers

LSU Undergrad

Examkrackers

Postby LSU Undergrad » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 am

I did a search and this series has been vaguely discussed, so I thought I'd give my opinion. I started prepping for October three weeks ago and read the PS Logic Games Bible, and got about 3/4 through the ExamKrackers LR and RC books. I've bumped a 160 up to a 166.

In my opinion, the Examkrackers books are good. They do not overcomplicate the topics as some other books do, nor oversimplify. There's a good balance. The books seem to target the moderate high scorers. I really like how the series characterizes wrong answers as "out of scope, extreme, etc." It helps a lot in understanding why answers are wrong rather than "it just doesn't seem right."

The mini practice exams are ok, would be better if they were actual LSAT questions, but they are not atrocious like the Barron's ones.

I think these are a good start rather than going right into the Powerscore LR/RC. Getting the basics down helps prior to going into the more advanced detailed methods.

Just my humble opinion. I figured I would contribute something to this forum if I'm going to be using it.

June09Sucked

Re: Examkrackers

Postby June09Sucked » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 am

I thought the ExamKrackers RC book said a lot without saying anything meaningful. I took maybe two good small pieces of advice from it. Did not read LR but Powerscore LR is very good so did not need it.

Hey-O

Re: Examkrackers

Postby Hey-O » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:50 pm

I also liked Examkrackers. I only read their LR book but it was very good and useful. The best LR book I read.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”