Why Does the LSAT Take So Long To Score? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
haro

New

Post by haro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:08 pm

preventive therapy to prepare those kids who spent nearly half of 2010 studying from going off the deep end when they realize the second half of 2010 is gonna be the same BS all over again?

GIMME MY DAMN SCORE!!!

Knock

Platinum

Re:

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:09 pm

haro wrote:preventive therapy to prepare those kids who spent nearly half of 2010 studying from going off the deep end when they realize the second half of 2010 is gonna be the same BS all over again?

GIMME MY DAMN SCORE!!!

Haha, if I re-take i'm going to do some light studying for a couple weeks at most probably. But still i'd like to know my score so I know if I am home free or not!!!

dominkay

Bronze

Re: Re:

Post by dominkay » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Knockglock wrote:
haro wrote:preventive therapy to prepare those kids who spent nearly half of 2010 studying from going off the deep end when they realize the second half of 2010 is gonna be the same BS all over again?

GIMME MY DAMN SCORE!!!

Haha, if I re-take i'm going to do some light studying for a couple weeks at most probably. But still i'd like to know my score so I know if I am home free or not!!!
I was very disappointed to discover that you're a dude. That icon had me fooled.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

dominkay wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

GIMME MY DAMN SCORE!!!

I was very disappointed to discover that you're a dude. That icon had me fooled.
Haha.......well that's why I clearly put "Male" in my profile.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:22 pm

dominkay wrote:I was very disappointed to discover that you're a dude. That icon had me fooled.

I agree. Since I've joined I thought you were some attractive blond girl sitting nude in the middle of a bunch of golf balls or powdered donut balls. This made it a lot easier for me to agree with you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haro

New

Post by haro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Knockglock wrote:

GIMME MY DAMN SCORE!!!

Agree, I know I put in a sufficient amount of work for my desired score and kept relatively good composure on the 7th. It all comes down to whether or not my nerves kept me from performing..

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:44 pm

haro wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

GIMME MY DAMN SCORE!!!

Agree, I know I put in a sufficient amount of work for my desired score and kept relatively good composure on the 7th. It all comes down to whether or not my nerves kept me from performing..
Exactly the same with me :lol: .

justinmcl

New

Re: Why Does the LSAT Take So Long To Score?

Post by justinmcl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:32 pm

If the LSAT ever does move to computer form, I am just happy I did it before the change happened... Logic Games would be impossible for me without diagrams, and I found it helpful on questions that I needed to use POE on to draw big x's through ones I eliminated. Would rather wait 3 weeks for my score than get it instantly but have to do it on a computer.

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:51 pm

I was a bit suprised when we were using the scantron sheets. The way my centre was set up (quite full auditorum style), the answer keys for 2 or 3 people ahead and below me were rather visible.

It doesn't make any difference for me because I am quite arrogant enough that I'm sure I'm doing better than any 3 random people. (Or I did heading into the test-SOB-) After I noticed that, I kept my key hidden in my booklet when I was't actively bubbling. It seems a computer would eliminate some of that (but I would need to have the written answers too to scribble on)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Chimica wrote:I was a bit suprised when we were using the scantron sheets. The way my centre was set up (quite full auditorum style), the answer keys for 2 or 3 people ahead and below me were rather visible.

It doesn't make any difference for me because I am quite arrogant enough that I'm sure I'm doing better than any 3 random people. (Or I did heading into the test-SOB-) After I noticed that, I kept my key hidden in my booklet when I was't actively bubbling. It seems a computer would eliminate some of that (but I would need to have the written answers too to scribble on)
It doesn't matter whether you can see anyone else's scantron, since their test booklet probably has the test sections in a different order.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:33 pm

LSAC has some pretty advanced cheat detection going on as well. Let's say Bozo behind you noticed a pattern on one section similar to his own, and decided to change that. They can track those kind of oddities and compare seating charts. It's not full proof but any idiot doing that for a test to get into law school is probably going to suffer the consequences somewhere down the line due to him/her being a complete idiot.

bballfreak56

New

Post by bballfreak56 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Because not only do they have to grade them, but then they have to look at what the curve will be, what questions to throw out, etc. It is not simply a grade and send process

phx

New

Post by phx » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:47 pm

im_blue wrote: Makes sense. However, the GRE is given by computer several times a week year-round, and you get your score instantly after the last section ends. Why can't the LSAT work like this? I guess the LSAT is 10x times important than the GRE for admissions, so they have to be meticulous about checking out irregularities.
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/ls ... theft.html

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chimica

New

Post by Chimica » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:26 pm

dominkay wrote:
Chimica wrote:I was a bit suprised when we were using the scantron sheets. The way my centre was set up (quite full auditorum style), the answer keys for 2 or 3 people ahead and below me were rather visible.

It doesn't matter whether you can see anyone else's scantron, since their test booklet probably has the test sections in a different order.
Ah..that makes perfect sense.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”