When you figured out the last game...

a11 1n

When you figured out the last game...

Postby a11 1n » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

How hard did you kick yourself?

I finally recalled all of the rules yesterday and I sat down and realized what I was doing wrong. I do not remember any of the questions but I know that if I had kept my cool I could have at least gotten through half of the questions...ugh. I would give ANYTHING to have those 7 minutes back to work on that last game...too bad it came to me 24 hours too late...

stintez

Re: When you figured out the last game...

Postby stintez » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Which of the rules did you do wrong?

Dinho

Postby Dinho » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:58 pm

I had an "oh shit!" moment halfway through. Had to go back and correct mistakes. I had to make an educated guess on the last one, but I consider myself fortunate to have realized it in game.

In all of my studying not once did something like this happen though. Either I misread a Q or answer choice, but never a rule. Pretty unnerving but I refused to feel sorry or myself and managed to push through the third section (which, incidentally, appears to have been the experimental)

Pahnda

Postby Pahnda » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 pm

I'll be honest, I didn't make the biggest inference I could have made given the rules, and it took me longer than if I had. But with that being said, since it was so structured you can draw it down as a 1:1 placement and make a couple minor inferences (that I did make) that make the game very doable even with a more direct trial approach. I was lucky in the sense that I finished it all and had time to go back to a question I skipped and narrow it down to what I reasoned was the right answer. :D

When I thought of it a bit more after the test, I was thinking it would have been awesome to make the biggest deduction I could have in that game, but I'm OK with getting through it all and having a couple minutes to correct a few things.

shoop

Postby shoop » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm

I had no trouble with this game and the more posts I see about "finally figuring it out!!!1!1!11!" the more I worry that I overlooked something super simple.

Is the "big deduction" basically that there is one variable that can only go in 2 of 3 groups, and can only have 1 of 2 possible positions within each of those groups? And was this deduction tested in a certain question at the end of the game?

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:09 pm

I definitely was one of those who misread the rule. However, I realized it very quickly, proceeded to do mulch and then went back to the fourth game.

I know for sure I missed one on the fourth game because I was about to go back to change my answer when time was called on that section.

But doing it at home actually made me more confident that I got most of the game. I correctly deduced the last question during the test. same with the mulch game. also did that one at home and now feel more confident about it. game four actually has very limited options.

now the section I'm not sure about is RC.

theZeigs

Postby theZeigs » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 am

Dinho wrote:I had an "oh shit!" moment halfway through. Had to go back and correct mistakes. I had to make an educated guess on the last one, but I consider myself fortunate to have realized it in game.

In all of my studying not once did something like this happen though. Either I misread a Q or answer choice, but never a rule. Pretty unnerving but I refused to feel sorry or myself and managed to push through the third section (which, incidentally, appears to have been the experimental)

I had the same thing, but as I was trying to fall asleep last night, I couldn't remember if it was after I had answered the first problem or if it was after I had answered 2 or 3. I had to guess on one problem but going back and thinking about it I think I have a 1/3 chance of getting it right, aka. 2/3 chance of getting it wrong haha.

I think the bolded part gives creedence to the "official challenge to the game" thread going on right now, but I also don't think that anything is going to come of it. The mistake/"oh shit" moment I had directly involves this "ambiguous term" and forced me to redraw my diagram. I rushed through the last part of the game and still ran out of time.

queenlizzie13 wrote:I definitely was one of those who misread the rule.
now the section I'm not sure about is RC.

Credited.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 am

LG was my third section. Thus, I had a 15 minute break to think about the game. I figured it out around 2 minutes. I wanted to die.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 pm

I had about ten minutes left when I got to this game and thought I was going to be fine. I didn't misinterpret the rule, but I just couldn't make any big inferences. I plugged and chugged for the first few and felt like I was missing something, stared at the rules for a few seconds, and then got the inference. Just in time to see thirty seconds on the clock. Complete guess on two, 50/50 on the other. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me. :evil:

simpson89

Postby simpson89 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:12 pm

I wanted to punch something. Unfortunately, I was interning in my congressman's office. Not a good place to punch someone! Lol :mrgreen:

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 pm

simpson89 wrote:I wanted to punch something. Unfortunately, I was interning in my congressman's office. Not a good place to punch someone! Lol :mrgreen:

Depends on the congressman.

Marino13

Postby Marino13 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:57 pm

I assume we're talking about the infamous Interns game here that I've been hearing about. Did everyone who had two LG sections get this third? I never even looked at Game 4 on either section, so I dont know which is experimental.

a11 1n

Postby a11 1n » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:07 pm

shoop wrote:I had no trouble with this game and the more posts I see about "finally figuring it out!!!1!1!11!" the more I worry that I overlooked something super simple.

Is the "big deduction" basically that there is one variable that can only go in 2 of 3 groups, and can only have 1 of 2 possible positions within each of those groups? And was this deduction tested in a certain question at the end of the game?

Yep.

I was too focused on trying to plug the variables into a diagram that had both location and field instead of plugging the variables into locations they could go and figuring out which one of the two fields afterward. God this game was not that hard at all...I just panicked and lost my focus. Why!?!? I am so disappointed in myself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”