Poor Proctoring - June 2010 Test

marissa23553

Poor Proctoring - June 2010 Test

Postby marissa23553 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm

I have a question about the test from Monday. I believe the proctoring for my test was highly irregular, and I was hoping for some suggestions on the best course of action to take. Here's the situation:

When she was reading all the written directions for the test, my proctor kept saying "not prohibited" rather than "not permitted". So, she said "working on other sections of the test is not prohibited", "looking at other test takers' answer sheet is not prohibited", etc., etc., when the written directions surely said these things were "not permitted".
All my fellow test takers clearly realized her mistake, we all snickered a bit, and that was that. But, according to the instructions we heard, we all could have been cheating like maniacs!

My main goal is that I want this proctor to not be hired again - I don't want my score cancelled, the results delayed, or anything to cause a big fuss. Does anyone have advice on if it would be worth it to write to LSAC, or any other action to take?

Thanks so much!

3|ink

Re: Poor Proctoring - June 2010 Test

Postby 3|ink » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 pm

marissa23553 wrote:I have a question about the test from Monday. I believe the proctoring for my test was highly irregular, and I was hoping for some suggestions on the best course of action to take. Here's the situation:

When she was reading all the written directions for the test, my proctor kept saying "not prohibited" rather than "not permitted". So, she said "working on other sections of the test is not prohibited", "looking at other test takers' answer sheet is not prohibited", etc., etc., when the written directions surely said these things were "not permitted".
All my fellow test takers clearly realized her mistake, we all snickered a bit, and that was that. But, according to the instructions we heard, we all could have been cheating like maniacs!

My main goal is that I want this proctor to not be hired again - I don't want my score cancelled, the results delayed, or anything to cause a big fuss. Does anyone have advice on if it would be worth it to write to LSAC, or any other action to take?

Thanks so much!

No way!!! Did you take it in the Northern Virginia Community College medical center? That's where I took it, and the proctor said the same exact thing.

Don't get the poor girl fired.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”