Powerscore Bibles

mges

Powerscore Bibles

Postby mges » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Can someone tell me the format of the Powerscore Bibles? Are they actual test questions or...??

LSAT Blog

Re: Powerscore Bibles

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Each functions like a textbook containing an overview and strategies for a variety of question types within that section. Each is broken into chapters focusing on a particular question type or aspect of that section. At the end of each chapter on a particular question-type, you'll find some actual LSAT questions of that type for additional practice.

citrustang

Postby citrustang » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:29 pm

The Powerscore Bibles utilize actual test questions, and chapters are mainly organized by different question-types. I have personally used the LR and LG bibles, and would recommend them both, but have heard mixed reviews of the RC one.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:34 pm

citrustang wrote:The Powerscore Bibles utilize actual test questions, and chapters are mainly organized by different question-types. I have personally used the LR and LG bibles, and would recommend them both, but have heard mixed reviews of the RC one.

+1

Order of usefulness for me: LG, LR, and then RC, which was worthwhile but not necessary to a good RC score.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 pm

The bibles are great. I'd just go with the LG and LR ones though, not RC.. seems pointless to me. But anyway go thorugh those a couple times and order 10 or 20 full tests from LSAC and you should be all set.

TMT90

Postby TMT90 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

JOThompson wrote:
citrustang wrote:The Powerscore Bibles utilize actual test questions, and chapters are mainly organized by different question-types. I have personally used the LR and LG bibles, and would recommend them both, but have heard mixed reviews of the RC one.

+1

Order of usefulness for me: LG, LR, and then RC, which was worthwhile but not necessary to a good RC score.[/quote]

Agreed. This is the order i'm completing the bibles in, although I have not bought the RCB.

to the OP, I highly recommend the LGB! I have not yet read LRB yet because i'm still not done with LGB, but it has done wonders for my performance on logic games. I was getting -8 to -11 per LG section, and now i'm at -0 to -5. Rather than almost blindly guessing like I was before, i'm now approaching the games with excitement and confidence. Also - learn to have fun with the games, because this is what makes you WANT to study them and see what you did wrong.

chalhou1

Postby chalhou1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Are these alone a good studying tool? or should they be combined with other things?

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm

They're good, but not sufficient.

Combine them with lots and lots of PrepTests.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:00 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:They're good, but not sufficient.

Combine them with lots and lots of PrepTests.

agreed. Just buy them all and use them, get as many PT's as you can get your hands on and if you hit a wall or are not improving figure out why. I would say that if it costs you 1k or hell even 5k to get a test score that puts you well above the 75% LSAT score at the schools you would like to attend (given your GPA is solid) every hour and dollar spent can pay you back.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”