The tale of a retake

DeweyDell

The tale of a retake

Postby DeweyDell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 am

LSAT test day is fucked up. No two ways about it. But the good news? You're scored against people who are equally disadvantaged.

Allow me to share: On my first LSAT (September) I went in with a 180 on my most recent PT. After a sleepless night, too much coffee, crazy proctor shit, the works... I managed to misbubble an entire block of answers, bringing my score down from a 175 to a 169. I was the whackest 169 that had ever lived.

I thought, "maybe I could just keep MCing, after all most motherfuckers have fallen lame to the game." But no, I couldn't support my models and bottles lifestyle selling wood in the hood. When Dre asks "where all the mad rappers at?" I could only live down one answer: t6.

Fortunately, I'm a badass who just doesn't give a fuck, and I went for the December test. I'm not a smoker so I figured I could afford to shave a couple years off my life with a few months extra LSAT prep. My five PTs leading up to the exam? Straight 180s, I wasn't playin that shit. The night before the night before the test rolls around and I'm so nervous about not getting enough sleep the next night that I only get two hours of sleep. I don't generally sleep because sleep is the cousin of death. Despite my theories about the resulting exhaustion enabling me to sleep on the real LSAT-eve, I got sick as a dog from the previous night's insomnia. This keeps me up the entire night, no exaggeration. But this was my last chance at greatness so I seized it. Ran up in that mug and filled it with scalding coffee: 177.
Did I feel like shit? Yes. Did I overcome adversity? Perhaps. Did I deserve some kind of special consideration for extraordinary conditions? Fuck no.

Moral of the story: Everyone has a terrible test day, part of being a lawyer is grappling with unexpected challenges, you're probably going to dip a few points on test day (Test Day = PT avg. - 3...10), canceling and/or retaking should be reserved for truly extreme circumstances and is not for the faint of heart.

Queens bridge.

holydonkey

Re: The tale of a retake

Postby holydonkey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:21 am

Please mail this to Dre with a picture of yourself. His heart will melt when he learns how his words helped you overcome adversity. You will become close friends and one day even more.

ImageImage
Last edited by holydonkey on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:22 am

I don't know how you managed with no sleep man. I was PTing 179s leading up to monday and felt like I dropped around 10 point minimum because of sleep deprivation.

RonandRand2012

Postby RonandRand2012 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 am

DeweyDell wrote:LSAT test day is fucked up. No two ways about it. But the good news? You're scored against people who are equally disadvantaged.

Allow me to share: On my first LSAT (September) I went in with a 180 on my most recent PT. After a sleepless night, too much coffee, crazy proctor shit, the works... I managed to misbubble an entire block of answers, bringing my score down from a 175 to a 169. I was the whackest 169 that had ever lived.

I thought, "maybe I could just keep MCing, after all most motherfuckers have fallen lame to the game." But no, I couldn't support my models and bottles lifestyle selling wood in the hood. When Dre asks "where all the mad rappers at?" I could only live down one answer: t6.

Fortunately, I'm a badass who just doesn't give a fuck, and I went for the December test. I'm not a smoker so I figured I could afford to shave a couple years off my life with a few months extra LSAT prep. My five PTs leading up to the exam? Straight 180s, I wasn't playin that shit. The night before the night before the test rolls around and I'm so nervous about not getting enough sleep the next night that I only get two hours of sleep. I don't generally sleep because sleep is the cousin of death. Despite my theories about the resulting exhaustion enabling me to sleep on the real LSAT-eve, I got sick as a dog from the previous night's insomnia. This keeps me up the entire night, no exaggeration. But this was my last chance at greatness so I seized it. Ran up in that mug and filled it with scalding coffee: 177.
Did I feel like shit? Yes. Did I overcome adversity? Perhaps. Did I deserve some kind of special consideration for extraordinary conditions? Fuck no.

Moral of the story: Everyone has a terrible test day, part of being a lawyer is grappling with unexpected challenges, you're probably going to dip a few points on test day (Test Day = PT avg. - 3...10), canceling and/or retaking should be reserved for truly extreme circumstances and is not for the faint of heart.

Queens bridge.

Never make the same mistakes movin' with the change of pace...lighter load

DeweyDell

Postby DeweyDell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:24 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:I don't know how you managed with no sleep man. I was PTing 179s leading up to monday and felt like I dropped around 10 point minimum because of sleep deprivation.

I'm a practiced insomniac. After my first LSAT I began taking PTs in the mornings to acclimate myself to that mindset. It seriously interrupted my drinking schedule that semester. Waking up to bubbly every morning is just tough when you have four hours of intensive testing in front of you.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm

DeweyDell wrote:LSAT test day is fucked up. No two ways about it. But the good news? You're scored against people who are equally disadvantaged.

Queens bridge.

UGHHHHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

thugnificent

Postby thugnificent » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 pm

RonandRand2012 wrote:

Queens bridge.

Nas..

this test fucked with my soul like ether.

DeweyDell

Postby DeweyDell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 pm

thugnificent wrote:
RonandRand2012 wrote:

Queens bridge.

Nas..

this test fucked with my soul like ether.

Damn son the LSAT is cold like the blood on a murder scene but ether is a whole different level of homicide. Mudslinging gets South Cacalacky dirty in the campaign for king of NY.

Azmatt

Postby Azmatt » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Am I the only one that wants to stab myself in the fucking juggular after reading this? :x

IBThatGuy

Postby IBThatGuy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:19 pm

DeweyDell wrote:Allow me to share: On my first LSAT (September) I went in with a 180 on my most recent PT. After a sleepless night, too much coffee, crazy proctor shit, the works... I managed to misbubble an entire block of answers, bringing my score down from a 175 to a 169. I was the whackest 169 that had ever lived.

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”