Advice on my situation

chalhou1

Advice on my situation

Postby chalhou1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I plan on taking a year off and working going to law school next fall. I have taken an lsat but canceled. I have taken a Kaplan class but didn't it find it useful aside from the books. Want to take another one in October but I am wondering if Princeton Review is good or should I go with another one?

Also if I want to go to law school next fall, when do I have to have my scores in by? I plan on taking the LSAT in December, February, and June(if not too late).

Final question, is 3 months of studying enough in your opinion?

thanks

LSAT Blog

Re: Advice on my situation

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Very few schools (4th-tier) will take June scores to start law school a few months later.

December is the latest I'd recommend taking it if you want good chances at a decent school. October would be even better (law school is conducted on a rolling admissions basis).

3 months is enough, but it's the minimum I'd recommend. I just posted the following in another thread about whether 4 months is enough:

If part of that 4 months involves any or all of the following:

going away on vacation, planning a major life event (like a wedding), a major illness, a super-busy work schedule, etc., then you may need more time.

I recommend a minimum of 3 months. 4 or 5 months may be even better, depending upon how busy you are, how quickly you learn, and how much you want to improve.

chalhou1

Postby chalhou1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Very few schools (4th-tier) will take June scores to start law school a few months later.

December is the latest I'd recommend taking it if you want good chances at a decent school. October would be even better (law school is conducted on a rolling admissions basis).

3 months is enough, but it's the minimum I'd recommend. I just posted the following in another thread about whether 4 months is enough:

If part of that 4 months involves any or all of the following:

going away on vacation, planning a major life event (like a wedding), a major illness, a super-busy work schedule, etc., then you may need more time.

I recommend a minimum of 3 months. 4 or 5 months may be even better, depending upon how busy you are, how quickly you learn, and how much you want to improve.

Thank you very much. Does anyone have any opinions on princeton review classes compared to kaplan classes?

pwr99

Postby pwr99 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm

I have heard better things about Princeton Review than Kaplan. I have only heard bad things about Kaplan. I took PowerScore two years ago and just took TestMasters. PowerScore was excellent, and TestMasters was even better. I highly recommend TestMasters.

If anyone has questions about PowerScore vs. TestMasters live classes, PM me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”