To Cancel or Not to Cancel...

Mike088

To Cancel or Not to Cancel...

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Well, to keep things short, i took the LSAT yesterday and do not feel that i did as well as i could have. I'm not at all trying to get in trouble and i hope such general speak isn't barred but if it is i'll delete it immediately. However, i happened 2 have 2 logic games sections. The first i obliterated with ease and was my best section on the test. The seconds logic games just had a problem with really confusing wording and with the little time i had left i couldn't complete any of it... of course to my luck the first one turned out to be experimental.

Though i know i should not have let it happen, it kinda effed me psychologically for the rest of the test. I had been scoring in the 163-165 range in my diags leading to test day, but i just don't have a strong or confident feeling about this one.

I kind of see a positive in keeping my score and atleast knowing i have something there when i go retake in October. However if it's going to damage my chances of getting into a better school having a score in the 155-160 range to go along with a hopefully much higher score from October, then i'm more inclined to just cancel and look at my second chance as a clean slate.

Sorry, i'm a bit of a newb, and just need some guidance in this whole process.

Tautology

Re: To Cancel or Not to Cancel...

Postby Tautology » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Mike088 wrote:Well, to keep things short, i took the LSAT yesterday and do not feel that i did as well as i could have. I'm not at all trying to get in trouble and i hope such general speak isn't barred but if it is i'll delete it immediately. However, i happened 2 have 2 logic games sections. The first i obliterated with ease and was my best section on the test. The seconds logic games just had a problem with really confusing wording and with the little time i had left i couldn't complete any of it... of course to my luck the first one turned out to be experimental.

Though i know i should not have let it happen, it kinda effed me psychologically for the rest of the test. I had been scoring in the 163-165 range in my diags leading to test day, but i just don't have a strong or confident feeling about this one.

I kind of see a positive in keeping my score and atleast knowing i have something there when i go retake in October. However if it's going to damage my chances of getting into a better school having a score in the 155-160 range to go along with a hopefully much higher score from October, then i'm more inclined to just cancel and look at my second chance as a clean slate.

Fail

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Tautology wrote:
Mike088 wrote:Well, to keep things short, i took the LSAT yesterday and do not feel that i did as well as i could have. I'm not at all trying to get in trouble and i hope such general speak isn't barred but if it is i'll delete it immediately. However, i happened 2 have 2 logic games sections. The first i obliterated with ease and was my best section on the test. The seconds logic games just had a problem with really confusing wording and with the little time i had left i couldn't complete any of it... of course to my luck the first one turned out to be experimental.

Fail

HAHAHA sorry man it's hard to keep things like this any shorter!

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Why not just keep the score and retake it if you need?

Why are people here so afraid of being average?

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 pm

well i know some lawschools take the top score, but some take the average....so obviously a lower score will kill that average.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Keep it. Like people said before, schools in 155-160 range take the highest score only. You can't lose.

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Ragged wrote:Keep it. Like people said before, schools in 155-160 range take the highest score only. You can't lose.

How about schools in the 160-165 range? because that's more of what i'm going for =\

renee88

Postby renee88 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Wow, you are in pretty much the exact situation as me. I too was scoring regularly between 160-165 and I feel terrible about how I did on the second logic games section; but, of course, the first was a breeze. I can't decide if I want to cancel or not.

I have a question- how do you know the first one was the experimental section? Is that official?

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:55 pm

renee88 wrote:Wow, you are in pretty much the exact situation as me. I too was scoring regularly between 160-165 and I feel terrible about how I did on the second logic games section; but, of course, the first was a breeze. I can't decide if I want to cancel or not.

I have a question- how do you know the first one was the experimental section? Is that official?

Yes unfortunately it's been verified :( . others who didn't have LG as their experimental still had the one that was our 2nd LG.

renee88

Postby renee88 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Damn. :( Well, thanks for the info... and good luck in making your decision! I'm kind of going from the viewpoint that I still can take it in October, so canceling wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. Nevertheless, it's so disappointing to have studied so much to for it to not have gone anywhere.

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 pm

renee88 wrote:Damn. :( Well, thanks for the info... and good luck in making your decision! I'm kind of going from the viewpoint that I still can take it in October, so canceling wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. Nevertheless, it's so disappointing to have studied so much to for it to not have gone anywhere.

yup same boat for me...i really can't wait for october

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:38 am

Mike088 wrote:
Ragged wrote:Keep it. Like people said before, schools in 155-160 range take the highest score only. You can't lose.

How about schools in the 160-165 range? because that's more of what i'm going for =\

Same answer man. Although to be sure you can contact the specific schools you are planinng to apply to.

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:49 am

thanks alot ragged, really appreciate the input and advice.

lennonist

Postby lennonist » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:09 am

cancel it. why bring your average down (most top 15 schools average your scores).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”