Preptest Advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JohnOuellette

New

Preptest Advice

Post by JohnOuellette » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 pm

I will be taking the October 2010 LSAT. I have been studying for the exam since January, taking the on-line virtual course through Knewton (which have been great!) I have taken the exam twice and taken two prep-courses both Kaplan & PowerScore and have not done that well on the exam. I am not a very good test taker whatsoever but graduated with a UGPA of 3.50 and top ten percent of my class. This is where the contradiction comes in. I have been reviewing all of my exams, going over each and every question writing down why I got it right or wrong and correcting my mistakes. Does anyone have any advice to help me get a decent score on test day? :?:

bk1

Diamond

Re: Preptest Advice

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Are you not a good test-taker because of nerves?

If that is so then I would suggest doing as much as you can to simulate test conditions during your PT's (not being at home, having a 5 minute warning, taking a break after section 3, etc) and if you can to take one of those PT's which are administered by a testing company where it is just like the real thing (with other test-takers, a proctor, and everything).

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: Preptest Advice

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 pm

+1 on previous response

From reading another TLS'ers post about this company (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=117710), it seems they don't give you full-length (5-section exams).

See my advice on how to deal with this in the thread I just linked.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”