USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

Postby mst » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:13 am

Law schools dont care too much about 1 cancel. You should not have to write an addendum for it. If NYU is the only place where you want to go and you think you got in the 160s, cancel. An average score in the high 160s or maybe even low 170/171 will not work out well for you, especially without the GPA record. You obviously sound very bright if you can get -0 in RC/LR. LG is the easiest to improve, and with more than 3 weeks, you can do great. Cancel and take the best at your full potential.

afLSAT
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

Postby afLSAT » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:05 pm

thanks for the advice . . . I just cancelled -- it seems to mae the most sense. I'll be haunting these boards between now and October!

raiser
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 am

Re: USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

Postby raiser » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks Desert Fox, ended up with a 171 out of nowhere! Glad I didn't cancel...

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

Postby iwanta170 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:19 am

Hey Desert,

I posted in this thread before and you told me to cancel. Since my complaint with LSAC is still being investigated, my test has not been canceled yet, and I still have the option to keep my score. With this curve, I am torn about what to do. Please re-evaluate this info and tell me if you still think i should cancel:

PT Average: 167-171
Previous LSATs (including cancels): None
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: Between 162-166. My guess is 164
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT: Proctor called the 5 minute warning when there were 10 minutes left on the first section. This is what the complaint is about. Also, adderall made me rush on some of the questions

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Top 15 schools. First choice is UVa

My GPA is 3.85 and I am going to retest in October no matter what since I think I can get a better score

So assuming my prediction is correct and I get a 164, what would serve me better for a top school like UVa: A canceled score and a retest in the high 160's OR a 164 and a retest in the high 160s?

I am confident that I can get a high 160 or above during a retest but something can always go wrong like it did during this test

Thanks again




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DumbHollywoodActor, govlife, Greenteachurro, Instrumental, lagavulinjoe, latetothis, Smortensen, SunDevil14 and 28 guests