USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

Re: USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:36 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:Repost (since no one has answered):

PT Average: 163-173 (I generally scored 164-166 most frequently)
Previous LSATs (including cancels): 152 (September 2009 - was NOT prepared and I should have canceled but did not)
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: 159-161 (if lucky)
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I think I did bad because LG (normally my best section) threw me off. I did game four first thinking it would be easier than game 3, but then quickly realized I missed a rule and did game 3 instead. But it took me too much time to get a key deduction for game 3. So by the time I figured out the third game I had very limited time for game 4 and I guessed on 3 questions at the end.

Also RC - I had to guess on a few as I was running out of time, and I didn't pace myself well on this section (I forgot to start my analog watch). LR, I thought, went better than usual - odd because that section normally gives me the most trouble.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Anywhere in the T30s. I have a 3.843 GPA (but I think it will be more like 3.9 on LSAC scale due to the high number of A+'s I received). Tons of work experience.

Dream schools: Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Harvard, NYU. Would be okay with: Notre Dame, Hastings, Boston University.

Should I cancel? I've been thinking that I should.

Since this is already number 2, I'd take the 160ish score. If you luck out at get 161 you've got a shot at Hastings.

Also there is a real fear you'll choke again net oct.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:46 am

Desert Fox wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Repost (since no one has answered):

PT Average: 163-173 (I generally scored 164-166 most frequently)
Previous LSATs (including cancels): 152 (September 2009 - was NOT prepared and I should have canceled but did not)
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: 159-161 (if lucky)
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I think I did bad because LG (normally my best section) threw me off. I did game four first thinking it would be easier than game 3, but then quickly realized I missed a rule and did game 3 instead. But it took me too much time to get a key deduction for game 3. So by the time I figured out the third game I had very limited time for game 4 and I guessed on 3 questions at the end.

Also RC - I had to guess on a few as I was running out of time, and I didn't pace myself well on this section (I forgot to start my analog watch). LR, I thought, went better than usual - odd because that section normally gives me the most trouble.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Anywhere in the T30s. I have a 3.843 GPA (but I think it will be more like 3.9 on LSAC scale due to the high number of A+'s I received). Tons of work experience.

Dream schools: Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Harvard, NYU. Would be okay with: Notre Dame, Hastings, Boston University.

Should I cancel? I've been thinking that I should.

Since this is already number 2, I'd take the 160ish score. If you luck out at get 161 you've got a shot at Hastings.

Also there is a real fear you'll choke again net oct.

I'm not so sure only a 161 would get me in somewhere like Hastings. I heard you need more like a 164. And I was really hoping for something closer to the 165-169 range on the LSAT.

witty username

Postby witty username » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
witty username wrote:
witty username wrote:PT Average -----high 160s'-low 170s
Previous LSATs (including cancels) -----one cancel from dec 2009
What you think you'll get on this LSAT----- 150s....
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc -----Had LG for section 2 and was completely screwed by the last two games. This basically ruined my concentration/hope/confidence for the rest of the test.

My gpa is 3.7 and my dream law schools are USC or UCLA. I'm retaking in October, but I'm wondering which looks better:

-two cancels and high score

-one cancel, low score, and high score

any takers? please?

*Qualifier* Not BP
If you are fairly confident you bombed it and your pacing was way off in terms of numbers of complete guesses on some sections, then, yeah, two cancels and a high score looks better than having a low score paired with a high one. Two cancels don't look the best, but hopefully you can write an addendum for at least one of them with an excuse that makes it seem better. An addendum for a low score is a lot harder to write (and have it sound convincing). I would lean towards canceling, just realize that means you will have to accept the October score. If that adds too much pressure to your situation, then I am not sure what is the right call.

Yeah I guess it would give me a lot of pressure in October knowing that this will be my only score. I think I should just keep the score. Sigh....Thank you so much for your advice.

Desert Fox wrote:
witty username wrote:
witty username wrote:PT Average -----high 160s'-low 170s
Previous LSATs (including cancels) -----one cancel from dec 2009
What you think you'll get on this LSAT----- 150s....
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc -----Had LG for section 2 and was completely screwed by the last two games. This basically ruined my concentration/hope/confidence for the rest of the test.

My gpa is 3.7 and my dream law schools are USC or UCLA. I'm retaking in October, but I'm wondering which looks better:

-two cancels and high score

-one cancel, low score, and high score

any takers? please?

Keep. UCLA and USC won't hold it against you.

Thank you so much for the advice!

TexasWave

Postby TexasWave » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:15 am

Registered just to post here for this thread

PT Average: 175
Previous LSATs: 169
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: 167-174
Undergraduate GPA: 3.833
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc):

I score very consistently mid-170s on all PTs since many months, including in timed prep course exams, and including before the february one. Both in February and in June 2010 I had the exact same issue: experimental logic games section is first thing I see, real logic games is section #3, and my training goes out the window and doing all the LGs before the reading and arguments kills me and I fail to get to/through the 4th game on the real LG section, and am forced to bubble.

I bubbled D on all the 6 Interns questions (last LG section), and felt like I did very strongly on the other 3 games and the LR and Arguments sections (though I might have missed 1-2 on the Aussie Law or the Beaver Oil Sprill and such). I am guessing between -0 and -3 per section. On a good PT I am at like -2 or -1 for everything other than the LG, on a bad test I am at like -5 or -6 on everything but the LG.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: T14, with special eye on a good scholarship to the University of Texas

I am also about to leave to go do a 2-year master's degree, which I might get a full ride or half ride for on a fellowship. I have strong softs on my resume already.

If I ever get an LSAT with LGs like I'm used to, or at least one I can finish and make educated guesses on all the LG sections, I can get a 175 or so for sure...I don't care how hard they make the LR or Arguments. I am considering canceling this score and going for try #3 in October...which would mean in the middle of my first semester of my master's program.

I am ALSO considering not cancelling this and just going for try #3 in October anyway. To prepare for this June LSAT I did a bunch of games and PTs and LG sections, and went through the Powerscore LG Bible....didn't seem to help my ability to spot inferences or my speed on a test with 2 non-standard games in the LG section!

I am going insane trying to figure out if I should cancel. Any advice would be appreciated. Help!

sven

Postby sven » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:13 am

PT Average: 172-180 (big range, i know. i usually i get a 174 on preptests. the 180s are all from tests i had already taken when studying a year ago)
Previous LSAT: 168 (last june.. messed up bigtime on LG)

I took the LSAT in Europe so I have no idea which of the 3 LRs i had was experimental. If I get lucky, I could get 3x because one of the sections was really easy. And if I don't I can get up to 6-7 wrong. But basically, I'm worried that I may get below my 168 because I messed up RC. I rushed through 2 of the passages and could have gotten like 6 questions wrong. There's NO way i made fewer than 3 errors there. Usually, though, RC is my strongest section, and i get 1-2 wrong. I'm also afraid that the curve won't be favorable since it was a really easy LG section and the rest of the test wasn't too bad either.

I have a 3.93 gpa and pretty good softs (nationally-competitive grant, good job, etc.)

I am aiming for NYU/Columbia, so I really wanted to get a 170 or above so that I could ED with some hope of actually getting in. Are the risks greater than the possible benefits in my case, given that with my GPA and LSAT i still have a decent shot at NYU if I ED?

Thanks!!

balzern

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 am

PT Average low to mid 160s
Previous LSATs (including cancels) None
What you think you'll get on this LSAT No idea
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT Bogged down by RC Guessed on last 7 (2 educated 5 blindly; had to speed read last passage; didnt get to last LG blindly guessed on last 6)

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Local TTTT (median 154) Pitt<early decision> (median 159)
UGPA above medians, good softs...

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:08 am

ITT: USS BP Decides whether you should cancel your LSAT killself

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 am

PT Average: 162-164. More 164-169 with the terrible 159 towards game day.
High: 169
Lowest in preceding month and a half: 159
Previous LSATs: None
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: I have no idea but the number 156 is taunting me. Granted, cold diagnostic was 151 so I hope I improved more than five points.
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I just did not feel confident. At all. I felt very pressed and barely finished all sections in time. I'm just very nervous. I'm dreading the worst. my answers were pretty much not predicted. They were predominantly looking at answer choices and eliminating/looking for the best. Makes me nervous.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: While I would love some better schools, realistically [and even maybe not if I hit a 156] I'm thinking Florida, Florida State, Alabama, UGA, Miami. Those guys. Would love any of them.

3.75 gpa, 3.98 from degree granting. softs are numerous and diverse with my big one being a D1 All-American Rower.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 am

Ragged wrote:
Rudy wrote:PT Average: 172.1 (High 177, low 164 (outlier))
Previous LSATs (including cancels): None
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: Probably 170 ish
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): Paniced on the FIRST game of the section, had no problems as far as I could tell with the others, but ended up guessing on ~5 LG problems. Think the rest of the test probably went as one of my bests (LG is my weak point). Average -4 on LG anyway, -2 TOTAL on LR, -1 on RC. If I assume the panic is my normal panic, I may have gotten up to a 175, but I'm a pessimist I guess?

And also which level of schools you are targeting: T8 (Specifically UPenn). GPA is a 3.77 LSDAS at a top 12 undergrad.

I suppose a better question is, do I plan on retaking?

Don't cancel and don't worry about retaking until you get your score.

Agreed.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:38 am

Desert Fox wrote:
RonandRand2012 wrote:
RonandRand2012 wrote:PT Average: 172.5

What you think you'll get on this LSAT: 165-170 -- PT average is dependent on -0 LG

Why you think you did bad on this LSAT: Got destroyed by the fourth game in LG (guessed on three), then let it hurt my confidence on the second LR section. My brain was off after the break, I barely remember the fourth and fifth sections.

GPA: 3.99

Aiming for: T10

anyone?

Hard call. If you are sure you are below 170, cancel. But if you aren't, keep it.

I say keep it. You can always retake in October. I thought I bombed RC and was convinced I'd end up with a score in the low 160s and ended up with a 172. You just never know.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 am

TexasWave wrote:Registered just to post here for this thread

PT Average: 175
Previous LSATs: 169
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: 167-174
Undergraduate GPA: 3.833
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc):

I score very consistently mid-170s on all PTs since many months, including in timed prep course exams, and including before the february one. Both in February and in June 2010 I had the exact same issue: experimental logic games section is first thing I see, real logic games is section #3, and my training goes out the window and doing all the LGs before the reading and arguments kills me and I fail to get to/through the 4th game on the real LG section, and am forced to bubble.

I bubbled D on all the 6 Interns questions (last LG section), and felt like I did very strongly on the other 3 games and the LR and Arguments sections (though I might have missed 1-2 on the Aussie Law or the Beaver Oil Sprill and such). I am guessing between -0 and -3 per section. On a good PT I am at like -2 or -1 for everything other than the LG, on a bad test I am at like -5 or -6 on everything but the LG.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: T14, with special eye on a good scholarship to the University of Texas

I am also about to leave to go do a 2-year master's degree, which I might get a full ride or half ride for on a fellowship. I have strong softs on my resume already.

If I ever get an LSAT with LGs like I'm used to, or at least one I can finish and make educated guesses on all the LG sections, I can get a 175 or so for sure...I don't care how hard they make the LR or Arguments. I am considering canceling this score and going for try #3 in October...which would mean in the middle of my first semester of my master's program.

I am ALSO considering not cancelling this and just going for try #3 in October anyway. To prepare for this June LSAT I did a bunch of games and PTs and LG sections, and went through the Powerscore LG Bible....didn't seem to help my ability to spot inferences or my speed on a test with 2 non-standard games in the LG section!

I am going insane trying to figure out if I should cancel. Any advice would be appreciated. Help!

Did you complete any of the 4th LG?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:46 am

balzern wrote:PT Average low to mid 160s
Previous LSATs (including cancels) None
What you think you'll get on this LSAT No idea
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT Bogged down by RC Guessed on last 7 (2 educated 5 blindly; had to speed read last passage; didnt get to last LG blindly guessed on last 6)

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Local TTTT (median 154) Pitt<early decision> (median 159)
UGPA above medians, good softs...

Don't cancel.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:47 am

alicrimson wrote:PT Average: 162-164. More 164-169 with the terrible 159 towards game day.
High: 169
Lowest in preceding month and a half: 159
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: I have no idea but the number 156 is taunting me. Granted, cold diagnostic was 151 so I hope I improved more than five points.
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I just did not feel confident. At all. I felt very pressed and barely finished all sections in time. I'm just very nervous. I'm dreading the worst. my answers were pretty much not predicted. They were predominantly looking at answer choices and eliminating/looking for the best. Makes me nervous.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: While I would love some better schools, realistically [and even maybe not if I hit a 156] I'm thinking Florida, Florida State, Alabama, UGA, Miami. Those guys. Would love any of them.

3.75 gpa, 3.98 from degree granting. softs are numerous and diverse with my big one being a D1 All-American Rower.

Without any major issues, I would say don't cancel. Most people don't feel particularly confident coming out of it. You may end up doing better than you thought.

nids333

Postby nids333 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:48 am

PT Average: 169
High: 174
Lowest in preceding month and a half: 164
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: Not a hundred percent sure. Anywhere from 156-163
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I had the worst test anxiety, I was having issues reading the first sentence and my body was trembling. I usually get a -0 on games, and guessed on 4 questions in the tuscany game. Had 5 minutes to complete the law related reading comp passage and overall was unable to focus.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: T-14. I should add that I am a junior and have a LSDAS GPA of a 4.03 and above average softs (debate team treasurer, leadership position at my on campus job, leadership position in my sorority, and 2 prestigious internships).

I know that I will def retake it, but I want to use my score as a guideline to study for the October exam. However, I literally put my heart and soul into studying for the June exam. If I retook it in October and perform well, I will work for a year and then apply ED somewhere.

czelede

Postby czelede » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:02 am

PT Average: Low of 174; high of 180; mode of 177; median of 176-177
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: no clue, am hoping for 175+
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc)

I didn't feel great about the last two RC passages. I was pretty rushed answering the questions to the Australian law passage (though I'd read the passage pretty carefully itself, I started panicking when five minutes was called and I still had five questions left to answer). I finished slightly early and went to check my answers and found an error, which I corrected, and then time was called. Now I'm feeling that I must've made a lot of other errors as normally on PTs I only miss 1-2 questions, and this comes from careful analysis that every other answer could not possibly correct. For many questions in the last two questions I ended up selecting the answer that felt most right after a cursory glance at all of them and I am lacking a lot of confidence regarding my performance.

Another reason I am feeling worried is because where I lose points on PTs tend to be very divided. I've had LR - 0, RC-4 or 5 and then I've also had LR-3 and RC-1 or 2. I felt pretty solid about LG on this test, though I have definitely had occasion where I make silly mistakes (not from diagramming, but from rushing through a question or misreading a question) that cost me a point on PTs. In the event that I miss 4 or 5 on RC (which is totally possible given how quickly I went through the last two!) and made enough stupid mistakes to amount to 4 or 5 errors across LR (I'm pretty sure I missed the rock band problem already) and LG I think my score would be bordering on the 170 line, and this petrifies me. I am aiming for T10 but my GPA is not where I would like it to be so scoring well is imperative for me.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 am

nids333 wrote:PT Average: 169
What you think you'll get on this LSAT: Not a hundred percent sure. Anywhere from 156-163
Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I had the worst test anxiety, I was having issues reading the first sentence and my body was trembling. I usually get a -0 on games, and guessed on 4 questions in the tuscany game. Had 5 minutes to complete the law related reading comp passage and overall was unable to focus.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: T-14. I should add that I am a junior and have a LSDAS GPA of a 4.03 and above average softs (debate team treasurer, leadership position at my on campus job, leadership position in my sorority, and 2 prestigious internships).

I know that I will def retake it, but I want to use my score as a guideline to study for the October exam. However, I literally put my heart and soul into studying for the June exam. If I retook it in October and perform well, I will work for a year and then apply ED somewhere.

Don't cancel.

nids333

Postby nids333 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am

rad law wrote:

Don't cancel.

Just wondering what your reasoning was for your suggestion? Thanks!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am

nids333 wrote:
rad law wrote:

Don't cancel.

I had a panic attack on the last section (LG), guessed on half, pulled a 167. Guessing on 4 and nervousness on 1 RC passage isn't enough to cancel.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am

czelede wrote:PT Average: Low of 174; high of 180; mode of 177; median of 176-177

I didn't feel great about the last two RC passages. I was pretty rushed answering the questions to the Australian law passage (though I'd read the passage pretty carefully itself, I started panicking when five minutes was called and I still had five questions left to answer). I finished slightly early and went to check my answers and found an error, which I corrected, and then time was called. Now I'm feeling that I must've made a lot of other errors as normally on PTs I only miss 1-2 questions, and this comes from careful analysis that every other answer could not possibly correct. For many questions in the last two questions I ended up selecting the answer that felt most right after a cursory glance at all of them and I am lacking a lot of confidence regarding my performance.

Another reason I am feeling worried is because where I lose points on PTs tend to be very divided. I've had LR - 0, RC-4 or 5 and then I've also had LR-3 and RC-1 or 2. I felt pretty solid about LG on this test, though I have definitely had occasion where I make silly mistakes (not from diagramming, but from rushing through a question or misreading a question) that cost me a point on PTs. In the event that I miss 4 or 5 on RC (which is totally possible given how quickly I went through the last two!) and made enough stupid mistakes to amount to 4 or 5 errors across LR (I'm pretty sure I missed the rock band problem already) and LG I think my score would be bordering on the 170 line, and this petrifies me. I am aiming for T10 but my GPA is not where I would like it to be so scoring well is imperative for me.

Don't cancel. I think it is pretty unlikely that you'll come out of a test and being *sure* that you crushed it. It sounds like you really don't have anywhere you know you messed up, you just have the normal post-LSAT jitters.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am

nids333 wrote:
rad law wrote:

Don't cancel.

I agree. If your'e a person who has test anxiety, that's not something that will just go away in October. Also, if you put everything into studying for this test, what good is canceling and retaking in October going to do?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 am

emrose wrote:
czelede wrote:PT Average: Low of 174; high of 180; mode of 177; median of 176-177

Don't cancel. I think it is pretty unlikely that you'll come out of a test and being *sure* that you crushed it. It sounds like you really don't have anywhere you know you messed up, you just have the normal post-LSAT jitters.

I agree, you're overthinking it. Also, depending on what your GPA is, there's only so much a 170+ is going to do for you within the T10. Plus there's always October.

christinalsat

Postby christinalsat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 am

PT Average: low 170s (range within last month of test was 169-175, took about 15 tests. Outliers: 167--sept 09, 180--dec 05)

What you think you'll get on this LSAT: Worst case scenario -- low 160s, best case scenario -- high 160s

Why you think you did bad on this LSAT: Like a lot of people, I nailed the the first logic games section -- which turned out to be experimental. On the scored section, I spent WAY too much time on the 3rd game (which I never figured out) and had to fill out all ds for the last game. I may have gotten a couple right on the third game, but like I said, it never clicked, so it's totally possible I got all of them wrong too. We're looking at 5-11 wrong on LG.

I was able to finish the RC, but had to rush through the last passage in 5 mins. Unless the answers were really obvious (were they?), I may have missed a few there. LR is a total blur. I don't remember getting too caught up on any single question though.

All in all, I felt totally prepared for this test. I can't blame the LG fiasco on the proctor (who was great) or nerves (I was surprised by how calm I was). I think I just assumed the first LG section was the real thing and though I didn't blow the third section off, I wasn't taking it seriously. No idea why I did that. Totally irrational. Because I was so prepared though, the thought of dragging this out until Oct pains me. The thought of getting low 160s pains me just as much.

The main reasons I am even hesitant to cancel though is 1) the possibility of a curve like december's and 2)this small shred of hope that I somehow scored almost perfect on the other three sections. It's happened before -- not beyond the realm of possibility, but rushing through that last passage makes it seem unlikely.

GPA: 3.87

Aiming for: T14 (Unfortunately NYU is one of my dream schools and I know they average...I'd be more than happy with Berkeley or Georgetown though)

nids333

Postby nids333 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:20 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
nids333 wrote:
rad law wrote:

Don't cancel.

I agree. If your'e a person who has test anxiety, that's not something that will just go away in October. Also, if you put everything into studying for this test, what good is canceling and retaking in October going to do?

I am generally a good test taker. For most of my undergrad classes, I depend on second chances (i.e, don't perform well on the midterm and ace the final). In October I can take it at the University I attend, which was not the case in June. Also, I intend on taking practice tests with 33 minute sections to prepare myself for stress after the five minute warning is called. I also had my hopes set on Harvard this time around, but now I am more than willing to accept any T-14 school. I think that mentality contributed to additional stress.

hobbsey

Postby hobbsey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:36 am

PT Average: 169-172, depending almost entirely on LG

Previous LSATs (including cancels): none

What you think you'll get on this LSAT: I’ll probably be riding the curve. -5 LG, tough to say for the rest of them... maybe -12 total (-7 is generally my average for LR LR RC)

Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I feel like I was working at the lower end of my LG ability. I didn’t even read the last four questions and chose all Ds. I did get at least an educated guess on all the other questions including the first few of the last section, ran out of time basically.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Ranked 10-25 in the south, UVA (will probably ED), Georgetown, Vandy, maybe USC or Duke, you get it.

I don't think I'll cancel. There’s an okay chance I didn’t do as bad as I think I did on LG, or did exceptionally well on the other sections since I feel pretty good about those. Also there is a very good chance that I not apply until 2011 for 2012, so I have time to study for a retake. Thoughts?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:38 am

hobbsey wrote:PT Average: 169-172, depending almost entirely on LG

Previous LSATs (including cancels): none

What you think you'll get on this LSAT: I’ll probably be riding the curve. -5 LG, tough to say for the rest of them... maybe -12 total (-7 is generally my average for LR LR RC)

Why you think you did bad on this LSAT (misbubble, panic, etc etc): I feel like I was working at the lower end of my LG ability. I didn’t even read the last four questions and chose all Ds. I did get at least an educated guess on all the other questions including the first few of the last section, ran out of time basically.

And also which level of schools you are targeting: Ranked 10-25 in the south, UVA (will probably ED), Georgetown, Vandy, maybe USC or Duke, you get it.

I don't think I'll cancel. There’s an okay chance I didn’t do as bad as I think I did on LG, or did exceptionally well on the other sections since I feel pretty good about those. Also there is a very good chance that I not apply until 2011 for 2012, so I have time to study for a retake. Thoughts?

None of those schools will hold a 165 against you, and there is a chance you hit 170, which is all you need for UVA ED anyway.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”