Mulch Game

Philipsssssss

Re: Mulch Game

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:43 pm

zworykin wrote:Yes, a low 150 is worse than 2 cancellations and a high score.

Cancel, 153, 167--this looks like someone who theoretically should land around 160 most of the time, unless you can write a very solid and convincing addendum.

Cancel, Cancel, 167--this looks like someone who scored a 167. Schools have no idea why you cancelled--you may have gotten ill during the test, or had a bad proctor that threw you off your game, or any of countless other possibilities.

Yes, two cancels looks worse than one cancel--if you don't consider the other scores. But a second cancel on the list compared to a low 150s score, when you're shooting for high 160s? No contest.

Thanks for the solid advice. I am basically asking around to see what people will do in my situation.

This test, if the LG would be ok, i wouldn't even have a problem, but the LG snowballed my entire test into oblivion.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:^ Good for you guys.

I skipped to the intern's, drew out all the possibilities...then realized half way down i am having too many 'right answers', 'realized' i did something wrong, redrew the possibilities, went back to the questions, still saw something is not right...law and behold...i misread a F&^%$ rule about the 2 variables (G,L). Ok...5 min called... my brain leaked into my underwear...

mulch = all guess (but one)
interns = all guess

and from this point....my test went on just 'wonderful'...

Weren't you the one bragging about how easy the dinos game was last week? That you couldn't understand why us June '09 test-takers were complaing so much?

Well, it ain't so easy come test day, now is it? The nerves, the stress, the knowledge that this is for real... its a little different than the library or your bedroom.

I agree. I thought about this. The Dino prep test was done in a classroom with LSAT proctor (PC). I did well. However, this time, i see how things turn out to be.

I actually started the LG pretty good. I felt fine, i took it as a break from the LR. But, my biggest mistake came in game 4, where i took the liberty to draw out the possibilities, all of them quickly, but, i messed up on the 'infamous 2 variables' which a lot of people confused the rule on. It sucked my time. Bad mistake.

It's unfortunate.

What's worse...Mulch game, ehh ... i shouldn't have skipped it for the 4th game. There were only so many possibilities.

maxm2764

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm

deleted
Last edited by maxm2764 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxm2764

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Were*... I hate misspelling shit. :D

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm

You aren't allowed to ask for any of the answers, just as we aren't allowed to provide any.

maxm2764

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Deleted it is. My bad I didn't realize it was against forum rules.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:02 pm

At first glace the mulch game was weird as hell, i mean, it isn't hard right, but it had a feel of a game from the 1990's. Anyone else thinks so?

It sucks how pressure get's you. This game, for god's sake, took me 2 min to draw all answers too, its a 5 minute game...but again, test day is a bitch.

I can't turn clock backwards, i can only have my regrets.

justinmcl

Postby justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:30 pm

The Mulch game totally felt like something out of "10 Actual LSATS" or "10 More Actual LSATS", it was comforting in a brutal LG section.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:32 pm

justinmcl wrote:The Mulch game totally felt like something out of "10 Actual LSATS" or "10 More Actual LSATS", it was comforting in a brutal LG section.

Seriously. It was a very easy game. It definitely helped me make up for time lost on the second game. Unfortunately, I needed another 2-3 minutes to figure out game 4.

Marino13

Postby Marino13 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:37 pm

This game was a killer so I skipped all of it. I wrote down All Es ... does anyone recall the answers to these 5 questions on this one; or if they had any Es at all?

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Marino13 wrote:This game was a killer so I skipped all of it. I wrote down All Es ... does anyone recall the answers to these 5 questions on this one; or if they had any Es at all?

Thing is, i think for those of us who skipped it and then guessed, we all picked a different set of answers to bubble.

The mod's will ban us if we discuss specific answers.

The mulch game was easy...big mistake to skip it after i felt a little unsure with the reasoning, but in the exam, it gave me an uppercut.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 pm

I don't think the game was hard. It was different. For the people who got how limited the possibilities were then it was an easy game, but it could be confusing because it looked very different from other games.

Marino13

Postby Marino13 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 pm

I skipped it since I struggled through the second one and was down on time. From the PTs and such I got a sense the third LG was always the hardest one, so figured go to game 4, do that (and more questions to answer), then back to Game 3. Problem was, never got back to game 3!

PM me if you know answers anybody.. I'd appreciate it!

cmos

Postby cmos » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:
Ragged wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:
^ Good for you guys.

I skipped to the intern's, drew out all the possibilities...then realized half way down i am having too many 'right answers', 'realized' i did something wrong, redrew the possibilities, went back to the questions, still saw something is not right...law and behold...i misread a F&^%$ rule about the 2 variables (G,L). Ok...5 min called... my brain leaked into my underwear...

mulch = all guess (but one)
interns = all guess

and from this point....my test went on just 'wonderful'...

I'm sorry to hear that man. You'd be better off sticking with the order they gave you.

Philipsssssss wrote:
If you had my experience, would you cancel the score?

(even if it will be 2nd cancellation)....

What score are you going for? If you are trying for 170+ definatly cancel.

I am going for high 160's. I want to be realistic, hit as high as i can.

But low 150?

Is a low 150 worse then having 2 cancelations and then a high score?

I know this is not my level. I just gave up. Plus i was sick/tried to keep coughing to myself, really hard to do.

Then I say cancel. Low 150s is horrible even if followed by a strong score. 2 cancels looks way better.

I think it is true for T6. But what about for schools explicitly claim to take the highest LSAT? I thought in that scenario a 150, 150, 171 would be the same as 170, 170 ,171. Well, this might be too extreme but it is what I interpret literally.

user101

Postby user101 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Can someone who has analyzed this game tell me how many hypotheticals they were able to come up with? I came up with four.

Pahnda

Postby Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 pm

user101 wrote:Can someone who has analyzed this game tell me how many hypotheticals they were able to come up with? I came up with four.

Just thinking it over quick, I can think of at least 7 ways to arrange it. I feel I may be forgetting a rule, there was no global 3x in a row is bad right? There was in the nonstop/layover question, but I can't remember any other rule, other than the forced placement of one and the amounts of Mulch and Stone being dictated in this game.
Last edited by Pahnda on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 pm

user101 wrote:Can someone who has analyzed this game tell me how many hypotheticals they were able to come up with? I came up with four.

If i am not mistaken, i just did it quickly, 5 possibilities only.

I can't believe i bombed this easy piece of...

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Pahnda wrote:

Just thinking it over quick, I can think of at least 7 ways to arrange it. I feel I may be forgetting a rule, there was no global 3x in a row is bad right? There was in the nonstop/layover question, but I can't remember any other rule, other than the forced placement of one and the amounts of Mulch and Stone being dictated in this game.

There was another rule. There were 6 valid solutions. We probably shouldn't take the discussion any farther than this.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm

malfurion wrote:
Pahnda wrote:

There was another rule. There were 6 valid solutions. We probably shouldn't take the discussion any farther than this.

Agreed.

Pahnda

Postby Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:
Agreed.

I think I remember what the last rule was but don't want to push this thread over the edge, haha.

Sometimes trying to remember something my brain has stuck in a dark recess somewhere is the most annoying thing of all. :lol:

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Maybe it's just me but I thought this was FAR easier than the other ones... I mean, limited rules. The only one I couldn't figure out quickly was the last question.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:14 pm

malfurion wrote:
Pahnda wrote:

Pretty sure there's seven.

Pahnda

Postby Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Pahnda wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:
Agreed.

I think I remember what the last rule was but don't want to push this thread over the edge, haha.

Sometimes trying to remember something my brain has stuck in a dark recess somewhere is the most annoying thing of all. :lol:

Haven't quoted myself in a forum before, haha... I was on my way home from work and the other rule popped in my head about some certain amount of something. I was taking it for granted and not thinking of it as a rule. :lol: Now I can rest without my mind trying to think of it... :D
Last edited by Pahnda on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pahnda

Postby Pahnda » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:Pretty sure there's seven.

I'll second you on that one :)

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:55 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:Pretty sure there's seven.

Yeah, I realized that not long after posting.. knew I shouldn't have said anything, heh.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”